Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94196 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 4 and then there were 6
« Reply #630 on: November 21, 2016, 10:24:07 am »

I know one of my predecessors sort of full-claimed before me, so I'm not going to quibble about my full-claim, here taken from my own sanitised and ordered summary rather than any direct quoting.

Under normal circumstances, I get a choice of one of the following.
  • Divine - power-Cop*
  • Mexitate - basic watcher/"what action" on another
  • Mental Fortitude - something I don't understand about cleansing targets
  • Mess With Memories - post editing allowance**
  • Mind Scramble - a different post-editing interaction**
  • Mind Shield - protectively hunker down as bulletproof
  • Gather Power - Reserves the action for doubling/etc up another night
* As used on GA/UX, and currently assumed unspoofable, even given the obvious spoofing/non-sanity of some pure alignment-cop roles results.
** Note that I hate these, and it's my intention to never use them, whatever my predecessors did, so I'm not asking you to believe them on my behalf.

I will not currently confirm what/when 'I' previously used things (beyond that already shown) as I believe I need that advantage against the one(s) I'm looking for evidence against and I've nothing more important for public consumption than my already indicated feelings. Also the mod-provided notes are messy, being partly formed of prior incumbants' different ideas of how to communicate, and God help if I get a successor... ;)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 4 6/11 No more replacements needed... for now.
« Reply #631 on: November 21, 2016, 04:04:24 pm »

Fullclaim:
I'm a teacher.  I can read minds.
N1 my predecessor investigated OSG, found Town.
N2 they did not act.  I have no idea why.
N3 they investigated UXLZ and got third party.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 21, 2016, 04:41:41 pm »

Starver:

Also the mod-provided notes are messy, being partly formed of prior incumbants' different ideas of how to communicate, and God help if I get a successor... ;)
Communicate with who?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 21, 2016, 07:04:41 pm »

Starver:

Also the mod-provided notes are messy, being partly formed of prior incumbants' different ideas of how to communicate, and God help if I get a successor... ;)
Communicate with who?
Communicate with fillipk, about issues that fillipk ideally needed to let me know about in the taking over of my role of scum-hunter.   Like a copy of OSG's "I would like to Divine GA" (paraphrased) preceding the copy of the mod's result that GA, later UXLZ, has a rageful ressurection power (again, paraphrased).  That was easy enough, especially as it was also made public, but I had to guess (and then ask) about N3, as it was particularly confusing, for reasons I won't currently go into (if you'll excuse me)...

And, to be honest, if you were to ask me why my predecessors did and said some things (like blurt out that I'm the hyper-powered counter-scum, whose main weakness seems to be being orone to indecision!) I would have to say that I really don't know.  (I'm planning for the worst, and sending a summary of my reasoning to the Mod, even though I don't intend to abandon the game. In for the long haul, ideally, but not taking that chance. Not that I've said or done much that needs private explanations yet, as myself, either.)

Somewhat meta, and personal meta, at that. But as you seem troubled (thought I was discussing Masonic stuff?) that's the extensive explanation of it.  (Which you didn't need a vote on me, to get, but you're welcome to keep it there if you want. It's in error, but that probably needs more proof than a mere alignment reveal, in this game.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 21, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »

EBWOP s/orone/prone...
(Like I said, I don't like editing posts.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 21, 2016, 07:12:47 pm »

EBWOP s/orone/prone...
(Like I said, I don't like editing posts.)

PFP, no time to post, will just post about this (because theeeesis, ending on Friday hopefully ;~;)
I don't like to edit posts either! :3 So I've worked out personal principles to at least make it appear fair (I mean sure y'all can say 'maybe mafia', but I think I made it transparent enough that it affects player stuff too, but still open to anyone given how many edoots I did).

So hence why I mentioned that 'logo seal'. I don't like editing posts either, but given that it being a mechanic--it's of use, even for innocuous situations [like you editing it because you don't want to make anothe rpost just because you worded stuff in a way you didn't like, which however CAN also be used by the Mafia team or whatever, so yeah. The editing mostly for more reading into stuff and others' posts.]

Starver:

Communicate with who?
Communicate with fillipk, about issues that fillipk ideally needed to let me know about in the taking over of my role of scum-hunter.   Like a copy of OSG's "I would like to Divine GA" (paraphrased) preceding the copy of the mod's result that GA, later UXLZ, has a rageful ressurection power (again, paraphrased).  That was easy enough, especially as it was also made public, but I had to guess (and then ask) about N3, as it was particularly confusing, for reasons I won't currently go into (if you'll excuse me)...

And, to be honest, if you were to ask me why my predecessors did and said some things (like blurt out that I'm the hyper-powered counter-scum, whose main weakness seems to be being orone to indecision!) I would have to say that I really don't know.  (I'm planning for the worst, and sending a summary of my reasoning to the Mod, even though I don't intend to abandon the game. In for the long haul, ideally, but not taking that chance. Not that I've said or done much that needs private explanations yet, as myself, either.)

Somewhat meta, and personal meta, at that. But as you seem troubled (thought I was discussing Masonic stuff?) that's the extensive explanation of it.  (Which you didn't need a vote on me, to get, but you're welcome to keep it there if you want. It's in error, but that probably needs more proof than a mere alignment reveal, in this game.)
...So sending 'Hey, please send my replacement this PM.' didn't come to mind? Like, ever?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 21, 2016, 07:27:00 pm »

...So sending 'Hey, please send my replacement this PM.' didn't come to mind? Like, ever?
Apparently not.

Not even to me. I just planned to swamp fillipk with thoughts that in the event of a replacement, might help explain my own approach*.

But now that you've mentioned it, unless I drop off the board without warning** I shall now definitely write a note alongside any resignation notice.

Enough meta.  Gameplay, perhaps.  Someone could start by trying to refute my semi-conclusions and thoughts within the spoiler of the 2016-11-21, 05:30:10 UTC+0 message, perhaps?

* Also should be entertaining for the mod to read, showing how wrong I am at every stage. This is my usual approach, unless the mod explicitly complains of being spammed. :)
** The only reason I could think of for not sticking around, however. Whatever the cause, serious or merely inconvenient.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 22, 2016, 07:00:36 am »

Alright you've convinced me to not replace out. I'll read up during the day and reply tonight after I get back from class

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 22, 2016, 07:09:42 am »

Unvote. I was thinking it could be a slip about communicating in the scumchat, but nah, you seem pretty town. Sorry, but I don't know enough about the game yet to critique your reasoning.

Everyone: Do we have any reason to believe that any of our inspects are reliable? Also, can I get your reads list?

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 22, 2016, 01:04:55 pm »

Fullclaim:

"You are the subterfuge and the arts teacher at the academy, you teach students how to make other people see something that isn't there or don't see something that is there."

Read Mind I can look into someone's mind and determine their alignment

I'm Over There I can redirect any powers used on myself at someone else by making them look like me.

N1: tiruin-mafia
N2: BHK-Mafia
N3: redirected powers to Jack AT
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:07:47 pm by Sprityo »

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 22, 2016, 01:05:26 pm »

Thought I should put this game up there since others were.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 22, 2016, 07:42:36 pm »

My fullclaim has already been done, but to reiterate.

Lyncher
Target: Deus -> Some Scum
Abilities:
1-shot revival.
Inspection that tells me if the person I inspect killed Deus.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 22, 2016, 09:33:28 pm »

So, from notes (current/final incarnations named only)...

Town Teachers(Mind Read=alignment cop): Fallacy of Urist == Confirmed on death;
    TheBiggerFish == Claimed;

Town Teachers(MR+): Griffinpup(+Cut Off=action blocker) == Confirmed on death
    Juicebox(+Kill=kill, obviously) == Confirmed on death
    TheWetSheep(+Masterful Mess With Memories=edit 5 posts/night) == Claimed, and Jack (original player) claimed this ability from beginning;
    Sprityo(+I'm Over There=deflect from self (non-auto?)) == Claimed

Town Teachers(other): TDS(Extract Information=(full?) role cop) == Confirmed on death
    Tiruin(maybe MR only? Actually noted 'full cop', but now don't know why Now remembering 'same as TDS'  claim, IIRC) == Claimed

Town Other: Myself (various, as detailed elsewhere) == Claimed (one skill proven, may have other proofs waiting)

Third Party Survivor: Deus Asmoth(Mind Sway=vote steal+No!=1-shot non-auto(?) bulletproof ) == Confirmed on death

?Third Party? Lyncher: UXLZ(revive=1-shot+Inspection=lynchees killer confirmation skill) == Confirmed unused (unless silently used already?) revival skill, rest currently uncertain

Thus short claims...
Two 'boring old teachers with only maybe unreliable alignment cop roles (one dead and confirmed)
One alignment cop/blocker (dead)
One alignment cop/vig (dead)
One alignment cop/revisionist
One alignment cop/self-deflector
Two super-cops (one dead)
One JOAT (with skill cop amongst them)
One Survivor (did not survive)
One Lyncher, now looking for Survivor Deus's killer (not Juicebox? Or, if so, then JB's killer?)

There's some possible candidates for lying, there.  Some due to post hoc declarations. One may be pre hoc, perhaps even unknowingly. I'm considering my possible Divine/Meditate target. Or whether to hunker down. Or something else. Not wise to clue the enemy in. But unless today ends with a NoLynch hammer, the actual day end reveal could alter things anyway.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 23, 2016, 01:45:38 am »

I investigated Tiruin and found she wasn't the one who killed Deus, but it's ultimately no the most useful information in the world.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 23, 2016, 02:33:27 pm »

@Fillipk, if it was MYLO, would we be told?

Because if that's the case, then I'm going to bank on the fact we have only one mafia and one third party. Since we are guaranteed at least one mafia and one third party
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48