Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94330 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3: Hey I like that, "Herding Cats Through an Asylum"
« Reply #420 on: October 11, 2016, 10:44:50 am »

Bearshogun is up for replacement.

Oh hells, this game needs ANOTHER replacement? T_T
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3: Guess what, I need a replacement again.
« Reply #421 on: October 11, 2016, 11:56:04 am »

Bearshogun is up for replacement.

Oh hells, this game needs ANOTHER replacement? T_T
Yes but I found one.  Sprityo replaced in for Bearshogun
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 11, 2016, 12:36:12 pm »

Afterperusing around the forums, I found the mafia section and decided to drop in and offer my services. I'm not sure how much time is left in the day, but I'll do what I can to contribute!

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 11, 2016, 12:43:51 pm »

So I don't have a whole bunch of time right now, I'm most active after 6 pm, but I'll leave a question or two for anyone to answer, really.

1. What are the current votes (and why)

2. What is the general opinion of the player I've just replaced into.

3. Has anyone claimed? (I hope not)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 11, 2016, 12:53:51 pm »

Quick note, this game is HAMMER ONLY which means that the day is infinite until a lynch happens or we end it on purpose.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 11, 2016, 12:57:18 pm »

So I don't have a whole bunch of time right now, I'm most active after 6 pm, but I'll leave a question or two for anyone to answer, really.

1. What are the current votes (and why)

2. What is the general opinion of the player I've just replaced into.

3. Has anyone claimed? (I hope not)

1. 3 on TDS from myself, Jack, juicebox, 1 on Jack from TDS. Maybe 1 on someone else. TDS is being voted for because of inspect results and not seeming to want to put any substance into his arguments. Jack is being voted for by TDS because look up a few posts. It's like, ten above this, if that.

2. I'm not sure there is one. "Inactive" probably sums it up quite succinctly.

3. Everyone has claimed. You'll understand why once you go through the thread (if you can. It's insanely messy.)
The circle is complete.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 11, 2016, 02:35:38 pm »

Spirityo: I have a couple of questions for you. First off, can you please confirm your presecessor's N2 action?Secondly, after you finish reading through the game, can you tell me who your top scumpicks are and why?

TDS: Okay now you're just flailing. Jack and UXLZ are scum partners just because they agree on a few points? A few valid points? And what's worse is you should know that argument is no good, considering Fallacy tried to use the same one on you and Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 11, 2016, 02:42:03 pm »

Spirityo: I have a couple of questions for you. First off, can you please confirm your presecessor's N2 action?Secondly, after you finish reading through the game, can you tell me who your top scumpicks are and why?

TDS: Okay now you're just flailing. Jack and UXLZ are scum partners just because they agree on a few points? A few valid points? And what's worse is you should know that argument is no good, considering Fallacy tried to use the same one on you and Jack.

Given Tiruin's results, I know UXLZ must be scum. And I want to point out some somewhat suspicious things about Jack. The issue is that I'll be dead soon, which means that while I won't be able to continue posting everything I've said will be confirmed.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 11, 2016, 03:30:45 pm »

If you know I'm scum, then why are you voting for Jack? Wouldn't you normally go for the guaranteed scum over the potential scum that might just be a "fucked up really badly with his reads and analysis" townie? You say you want to point out suspicious things about him, but why aren't you pointing that stuff out with your posts while voting for myself who, in your own words, "must" be scum?

Sorry, you just eviscerated your own credibility. I was worried that Tiruin was playing us all and just lying, but now my worries are mostly assuaged.
The circle is complete.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 11, 2016, 03:34:51 pm »

Because I think Jack is scum too and I want people to know that. If I voted for you (who will obviously be scum once Tiruin's sanity is proven), it wouldn't contribute anything - the odds of me not getting lynched are really really low.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 11, 2016, 03:44:18 pm »

But you can clearly say that you think that Jack is scum, like you are now. Better yet, a detailed explanation of why you think that would be excellent. If you refuted one of his arguments, ever, it might convince people you're right. Why am I scummy for agreeing with Jack's meta analysis on the unlikelihood of there being a framer? If it's incorrect and you can show that - sure, I can buy why that would make me look scummy - but you aren't showing that, and you're sidestepping the issue that keeps getting brought up, that you aren't actually refuting any of his points. 
The circle is complete.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 11, 2016, 04:09:43 pm »

I thought I explained why you're scummy for agreeing with Jack. It's odd that both of you are so much in agreement and that Jack is defending you.

As for Jack's arguments, here's why he's wrong:

Not having a framer or a similar mechanic would upset the game balance. Of the 11 initial players, there appear to be 8 cops (one of which is a third-party), at least one person with a non-cop role (I forget who this is), and two more third parties, with at least scum lying. With eight cops, it's likely that all the scum could be found and everyone's sanity determined by Day 3/4. In normal games, even having two or three insane cops is imbalanced once their determine their sanity. In this game, there has to be something to stop this game from overwhelmingly favoring the Town. Hence there are either framers or there are millers/anti-millers.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 11, 2016, 05:56:12 pm »

1. Yes, ive skimmed through real quick to look at voting patterns and the results of the already dead people (which would be easier to find if we could get links in the OP to when they died) But I have BHK as my n2 check and a mafia result on him. The night one check was Tiruin also with a mafia result on her. I found it not helpful in the slightest since this is the exact same results as Jack A.T.

2. ill go over the thread a bit better now, ill probably skip day one, or at least the first half of it, because personally Day 1 is usually fluff and nonsense.

3. My name is spelled S P R I T Y O. I know it can look like "spirit" at a first or quick glance, I just wanted to make it clear for everyone :p

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 11, 2016, 07:17:12 pm »

ALRIGHT

So i just did my read through, nothing in depth, nothing quoted.... yet. I simply took notes in my personal Quicktopic about the vote counts, the results from both nights, and i placed notes under everyones names about when they claimed and what their night action results were (if they said they did anything).

Full suspicion evaluation to come later tonight, but for now i need a few things from some people to complete my results:

1. i need another vote count
2. i need the night action results from the following people:
-UXLZ
-Kano

-----------------------

Some notes i have too, to help you what i'm mulling about:
-im like 90% sure im the same alignment as Jack. No, not because we got the same exact checks, but....well yeah actually. We got the same exact results on the same exact people, so it's a reasonable assumption.

-Coming into day 3, i grew increasingly suspicious of UXLZ (GA) but since GA was replaced, ill take a double take, just as im about to do with everyone else. The main thing i want to point out, at least where im from, 3rd party roles typically offer a madness element or something to make the game more chaotic unless it's something as plain as Survivor. Im also suspicious of having more than one third party in a game because that's just unlikely, mama. Lastly, Lyncher is one of the safest things you can claim as a third party. The whole situation rubs me the wrong way, especially because a "power to revive once, purely out of hate" could just as easily be a mafia role and an easy third party fake claim. OSG claimed his findings on #156, but GA doesnt disclose their role until #253. So in a hypothetical situation where you have to work around someone knowing your role power, but not your alignment, Lyncher is like your only choice. That doesnt take away from a scum buddy team working together, but im getting ahead of myself. Tiruin i believe already tried prodding both OSG and GA about their alignment earlier, but i /think/ we backed off it. It's not a for sure thing, but for the time being (until i reread later) my top suspect is UXLZ aka GayArchea

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 11, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »

1. Yes, ive skimmed through real quick to look at voting patterns and the results of the already dead people (which would be easier to find if we could get links in the OP to when they died) But I have BHK as my n2 check and a mafia result on him. The night one check was Tiruin also with a mafia result on her. I found it not helpful in the slightest since this is the exact same results as Jack A.T.

2. ill go over the thread a bit better now, ill probably skip day one, or at least the first half of it, because personally Day 1 is usually fluff and nonsense.

3. My name is spelled S P R I T Y O. I know it can look like "spirit" at a first or quick glance, I just wanted to make it clear for everyone :p

Sorry about misspelling your name, I'll try not to make that mistake again. As for your actions, that matches what we already know, so I don't think TMS or bear were lying about their actions.

I thought I explained why you're scummy for agreeing with Jack. It's odd that both of you are so much in agreement and that Jack is defending you.

As for Jack's arguments, here's why he's wrong:

Not having a framer or a similar mechanic would upset the game balance. Of the 11 initial players, there appear to be 8 cops (one of which is a third-party), at least one person with a non-cop role (I forget who this is), and two more third parties, with at least scum lying. With eight cops, it's likely that all the scum could be found and everyone's sanity determined by Day 3/4. In normal games, even having two or three insane cops is imbalanced once their determine their sanity. In this game, there has to be something to stop this game from overwhelmingly favoring the Town. Hence there are either framers or there are millers/anti-millers.

The only problem with that theory is that it is quite likely that at least two of us are paranoid, and possibly one of us is naive, which would serve to balance the game out.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48