Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94210 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (10/11) Day 2 well here's your info
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2016, 02:35:33 pm »

(Bonus) BHK: Is fixated on OSG's seven powers claim. I think that if he were scum he'd probably have dropped it after seeing it wasn't gaining traction, so I think he's probably town.

So... why doesn't that apply to my own case on Jack?
~~~
Those of you who are voting: please explain why your proposed lynch is the best of all proposed lynches.  Include engagement with the other cases.
Let's see...
There is a lot of talk about lynching primarily to gain mechanical information.  I understand part of where this is coming from: the cop and non-cop stuff is a messy puzzle, and if we solve it in time, we have a good chance of victory.  That being said, I do not see good reason for our wish for information to be the main guide for our lynch.  In practice, it does little to guide us (most potential lynch targets are about equal in informativeness, with how the inspects were spread, and we have little idea what info we would get from an OSG lynch), and at the same time, it actively misguides us.

By that, I mean that info-lynching drives us away from our core goal: lynching scum.  We only have a few chances to lynch scum, and we've already thrown one away.  Charging after someone we don't see as having an above-average chance of being scum just to gain information means we have an improperly high chance of lynching town (hurting us) without even gaining much more information than we would if we went after someone we thought was scummy.  In fact, the weaker positions on scumhood for a pure info lynch may very well leave us with less information: much the same mechanical info as otherwise, but worse daygame info.  Perhaps it would work as a fallback, but if we need a fallback from lynching likely scum, we've screwed up.
Okay, fair enough. Unvote.
~~~
Correction. My former case on Jack.
~~~
Do not ask who my target is. I'm thinking that, unless a vigilante decides to shoot my target, I'm guaranteed to act in favor of scum when LyLo happens. 

Do you know what will happen when your target is night killed?
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2016, 05:00:14 pm »

GayArchaea: Wouldn't no-lynching today mean that the game-ending lynch would leave an even number of players?  Think 5 person LYLO: lynch your target and you get 4 players remaining at endgame.
Well, I actually want a 5 Person LyLo; you see I technically would then have the ability to vote for my lynch target, and scum would have to vote for that person, because otherwise they don't have enough votes to hammer. I want to make sure that I provide the decisive vote, because if It skips straight from 6 to 4, then the Mafia would just flat out win, And I didn't lynch my target.

However, I think it is better I only unvote when a 6-person MyLo happen; Then there will not be enough votes to hammer.

Do not ask who my target is. I'm thinking that, unless a vigilante decides to shoot my target, I'm guaranteed to act in favor of scum when LyLo happens. 

Do you know what will happen when your target is night killed?
~~~
I was going to say I got it from the wiki, but, I now just realized that my wincon might not necessarily become pro-town if my target is nightkilled.
So Fillipk could you please clarify what happens in case a Lyncher's target is nightkilled.

Although there is a possibility that my wincon is replaced with that of a typical town wincon, you should still count me as anti-town if you want to determine how close the game is to LyLo; because I might, you know, decide that my lynch target is far more worthy of my vote than any of those scum types you need to kill

It seems like you're trying to blackmail us into helping you, which frankly makes me not want to help you
Frankly, I was under the assumption that in case my target was nightkilled, I would get a pro-town win condition. So then, If I told everybody who my target was, scum would be guaranteed not to nightkill my target. So I think that it is far more helpful to scum than to town to reveal who I must lynch.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2016, 05:50:42 pm »

Why am I inclined to believe that a Lyncher would mislead us and we should therefore ignore them?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2016, 07:26:08 pm »

Fillipk could you please clarify what happens in case a Lyncher's target is nightkilled.
I don't have one blanket thing that happens if a Lyncher's target is nightkilled, they find out when it happens unless I've already specified in their role pm.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2016, 12:04:07 pm »

(Bonus) BHK: Is fixated on OSG's seven powers claim. I think that if he were scum he'd probably have dropped it after seeing it wasn't gaining traction, so I think he's probably town.

So... why doesn't that apply to my own case on Jack?
Because you don't have a case on Jack.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2016, 12:26:52 pm »

So a lyncher has a separate agenda from the town. Therefore, in the absence of a truly detrimental scum person, I think lynching the lyncher is the best option.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2016, 01:27:07 pm »

So a lyncher has a separate agenda from the town. Therefore, in the absence of a truly detrimental scum person, I think lynching the lyncher is the best option.

um no OSG.

See, a number of people currently suspect Fallacy as scum. In addition, lynching GA will basically waste a lynch because GA will revive.

Also, why aren't you voting for GA if you think lynching GA is the best option?

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2016, 01:36:02 pm »

I thought I already was voting him from a while back. Just in case, I'll do it again here GA.

People suspect Fallacy of being scum because of his apathy and neutral attitude. I  personally have been missing for basically the entire first half of the day, so I can't really call him out on that and vote for him. Fallacy doesn't seem scum to me because the reason for being scum is something that everybody has done at some point, regardless if they are town or scum.

I think that GA is the best option.

Aww shit. I forgot he had revive. I guess that makes that a terrible idea. Unvote

Not sure who to vote next. I'll keep and eye on people, but I don't see scum in Fallacy.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »

However, I think it is better I only unvote when a 6-person MyLo happen; Then there will not be enough votes to hammer.
Well, given this, there is no reason why I should keep my No Lynch vote.
Since I did suggest that I was open to lynching FallacyofUrist, Let's see if he is scum or not.

Aww shit. I forgot he had revive. I guess that makes that a terrible idea. Unvote
What, you forgot that I had a revive.
Didn't you decide to cast your vote because I was spouting BS about how I revive out of hatred of "sicilians".
Here is the post for your convenience,
I revive (once) out of pure hatred of Scilians. deterring the Mafia from silencing me in the middle of the night, or from hanging me upon a tree in order to distract us for at least another day. If I were any good at hunting scum, how could this possibly harm our chances of winning?
That's not what I learned, GayArchaea. My relelation said that youcan revive once out of pure hatred. (period) It seems that you just tacked that extra part on. If you have no other powers, why are you afraid of being silenced in the middle of the night? hmm!?

Fillipk could you please clarify what happens in case a Lyncher's target is nightkilled.
I don't have one blanket thing that happens if a Lyncher's target is nightkilled, they find out when it happens unless I've already specified in their role pm.
You are so helpful.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2016, 06:42:24 pm »

Makes 5 out of 6 votes necessary to hammer. Hm.
~~~
NEVER GIVE UP!
~~~
I also need to make sure that there are an odd number of people, So I really do regret that No lynch vote I cast back in D1, which might've cost me the game.
So in order to ensure that there are an odd number of people, No Lynch,
... did something change about this situation that I'm not aware of?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 13, 2016, 04:29:57 pm »

votecount request

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2016, 05:43:04 pm »

OSG

How the hell do you miss the four people voting Fallacy for scummy behavior. There are entire pages dedicated to calling him out.

I thought I already was voting him from a while back. Just in case, I'll do it again here GA.

People suspect Fallacy of being scum because of his apathy and neutral attitude. I  personally have been missing for basically the entire first half of the day, so I can't really call him out on that and vote for him. Fallacy doesn't seem scum to me because the reason for being scum is something that everybody has done at some point, regardless if they are town or scum.

No, we suspect Fallacy because he's pursuing a case on. Jack based solely on an inspect that may or may not be correct, and hasn't even attempted to scumhunt anyone else

Yes, because lynching the confirmed third party with a revive is better than lynching likely scum

Not sure who to vote next. I'll keep and eye on people, but I don't see scum in Fallacy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2016, 07:01:35 pm »

OK, so I've spent the days from Sunday until today destressing post-exams .___.
And also as an aside talked to Solifuge because I was stressed about destressing, and she helped me with it.

OOC aside, back in game.

You are so helpful.
Huh o_O That's...a new result that nobody else would know if you didn't ask.
Although seeing that up, I'm under the impression that you are actually a Lyncher, rather than one who wrote it down and gets the obviously-vague answer from the mod because they might've missed the implication of their existence.
...pretty much because it marks a nice target sign on you due to info :v

Query, GA: Are you mechanically prevented from noting down your target, and are you unable to mention that? 2 answers needed please. Yes or No only.
Then follow it by answering the invisible 'why', if you can. If only Yes or No is in existence, I will assume that there are hard role-related mechanics in the way preventing more details and will treat you as such.

OSG
*bap on the BM*

Compared to yourself? :P
Also, that suspicion doesn't follow for me...given my read on the voters' votes.
Now before remembering your...own result on GA, could I ask a detailed summary of what you found on GA again?
Unvote because thank you Jack >~<

BHK
Why am I inclined to believe that a Lyncher would mislead us and we should therefore ignore them?
So you believe them, aye? :O

Jack
lacking the time for detailed notice, your reasoning has really gotten to me thinking that:
1. You're townish.
2. Insanity is around (or that case of 'hated townie' but applying to alignment)
3. ...It's still significantly possible in a way for there to be a framer/ framer ability in play, but I'm going with the summarized plans for effort.
4. You are correct in your post about the bolded part ._. That's pretty much my line of thought, then I noticed that and re-read, then noticed that the alignment cop isn't that prevalent.
I'm pretty sure much of Tiruin's reason for wanting OSG lynched, aside from the seven powers, is built on confusion from skimming too much in too little time.
OSG had already mentioned and discussed the details Tiruin thought were not mentioned before (in fact, that was why they were being discussed), two players (Deus and GA) had already claimed not to be cop-likes, GA's revive is a self-revive only, rolecop is generally used to refer to ability inspectors, GA has not claimed rolecop...pretty much all that's left, as far as I can tell, is Seven Powers!!!!.
Tiruin: Please correct me if I'm mistaken about your cause for backing an OSG lynch.

Also, I'm up for following a lynch on someone provided the reasoning behind the backing votes is sound to me...which will obviously tag along if I do vote them. :O ...Which follows my vote on anyone in general anyway.

FoU
Query on the 3-person plan you proposed, what is its benefits compared to the linear 'straight up and rigid' plan that has been stated before?

DA
Can you give a general notion towards your abilities so that we're more aware? In a general game I'd not ask this, but given the context of what I feel this one is made of, I think it's a good question to ask and push forward.

Everyone
Could I ask a restatement of that 'one targets another' plan for the later night?
Also did I miss any queries to me? :-[

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 13, 2016, 07:06:28 pm »

I still have to read up on the whole FoU thing but a skim didn't roll over my impression on him as warranting my vote...

Eh? This surprises me slightly, what with 4 other people bandwagoning me. Might I know your reasons for me "not warranting your vote"?
Missed this one, for starters.
~~~
FoU
Query on the 3-person plan you proposed, what is its benefits compared to the linear 'straight up and rigid' plan that has been stated before?

The only benefit of the 3-person plan that I can think of is that it disrupts the planning of any scum framers or the equivalent that may be around. Actually, it disrupts the planning of any antagonist roles with inspect-based abilities.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 13, 2016, 11:48:31 pm »

Vote Count:

Tiruin: (1) - BlackHeartKabal
FallacyofUrist: (5) - Deus Asmoth, Jack A.T, Juicebox, TDS, GayArchea
GayArchaea: 1 - oragamiscienceguy

6 to hammer

Requesting replacement.
noted
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48