Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94349 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3: Guess what, I need a replacement again.
« Reply #450 on: October 12, 2016, 08:50:54 am »

I shall replace whoever needs replacing.

I believe the guy has already been replaced and our GM just hasn't been around to edit the title (or forgot.) Still, I wouldn't be too surprised if we ended up needing another.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 12, 2016, 10:45:10 am »

Sprityo: Multiple thirds are quite common on Bay 12.  What do you think of GA's Sicilian mess?

hm, but even for such a small setup? that's odd  ???
Yeah, it's a thing :P Although obviously that also means the 'degree of power' that a third-party has. Like, SK + Survivor; Multiple Survivors; A lyncher and Survivor, etc.
PFP
Have you learned enough from the BM? O_o I'm...curious.

You have a point. Another mafia first
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 12, 2016, 02:55:34 pm »

noone sorry I need to update the title

fillipk: Is it possible that a power exists that would allow someone to edit your posts in advance?  Say, if you were being asked a question, is it possible that a power exists that could be used to edit your answer in advance of you posting it?  Would that be too bastardy for a non-bastard game?
I'm not answering this
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3
« Reply #453 on: October 12, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »

Bluhhhh, time to start on this mess.

I despise reading when I could be doing something else. BUT IT IS REQUIRED SO I MUST!!!post to be after this when I get it done, (or I'll edit it in; Either works) don't expect the next best thing since sliced bread, since it won't be

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 12, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »

Quick votes for y'all

Votecount

Jack A.T.: (1) TDS
TDS: (3) Jack A.T.,  UXLZ, Juicebox
UXLZ: (1) Sprityo

5 to hammer
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:38:34 pm by Sprityo »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 12, 2016, 09:23:48 pm »

Did juicebox unvote? Pretty sure TDS had three on him, with Tiruin unvoting to avoid a sudden hammer.
The circle is complete.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3: Hey I like that, "Herding Cats Through an Asylum"
« Reply #456 on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:18 pm »

Sorry, it's hard for me to remember this game exists sometimes.

unvote

fillipk: I count three people voting for TDS. Also, bear hasn't been on since September 26, so you should probably just replace him.

Jack's logic seems quite sound to me, therefore I'm going to switch my vote to TDS.

My second pick for scum is OSG his N2 claim seemed questionable to me, he hasn't answered most of the questions addresed to him, and he's currently lurking quite hard.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:55 pm »

^^^this was literally right before Tiruin unvoted

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 12, 2016, 09:36:23 pm »

Um. Forth line, far right.

Yeah, some people unvote before they switch.
The circle is complete.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 12, 2016, 09:38:57 pm »

doh! youre right. i editted the voting post above to reflect it

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 12, 2016, 09:41:47 pm »

Sprityo -paranoid/insane
Jack AT -paranoid/insane ????
JuiceBox -paranoid/insane ??????

TheDarkStar -normal/naive ????

UXLZ - Lyncher -currently targetting killer of Deus (presumably mafia):

i'd like to point out what fillipk said about the lyncher: "if the Lyncher's target was town you would get a town result. Anything else, a mafia result."

And with Deus being the Survivor, that means that Tiruin would have gotten a correct read on GA, not an insane one. And she cant be paranoid because we know that she claimed TDS as town on Day 2. {Dont know if this was already discussed, but here it is again)

that also means, assuming this is correct, were the paranoid/insane people i just listed above to inspect UXLZ, one of us SHOULD get a "TOWN" result and if not, then more what ifs

Tiruin - Sane/???

Kano-unknown, not enough results to infer

OSG - nothing alignment confirming. null for now

In all honesty, you can only assume and hope youre right. The night actions will tell us little to nothing. The only thing indicative that i see is that we lynch someone and hope for some information confirmation. and by someone i mean OSG. He is the only person who does not have a check. while "everyone else does" as according to FoU's flavor.
"You are a teacher at the academy, like all the other staff you have mental powers that can help you find the spy."

You are Town you win when all the mafia have been lynched.

Read Mind - You look into someone's mind and determine their alignment
Which keep in mind FoU is was one of the "Vanilla" town players. because since "all staff have mental powers that can help you find the spy" and Griffinpup had extra flavor to his role along with an extra power making him a powerrole. PREVIEW EDIT: yes this was mentioned earlier.

So, what does that mean? it means i want information i can rely on, and that comes in the form of death. I find it odd that a town player of anyone would be given "7 powers" to which they could use. A third party, i could understand. Not to mention, this would at least allow me to understand what kind of sanity Kano is, since BHK apparently didnt submit a night action. I couldve sworn jack mentioned something about BHK saying he would visit Tiruin or something for N2. but i cant be everyone, so i digress

Tiruin: what is your current view on OSG as opposed to yesterday?

I suppose we probably wont get anywhere until we get to tomorrow. But that's borderlining us for MYLO, i think? 5:2:1   >>>>  3:2:1 yeah it would be a loss if we mislynched today and the lyncher is lying to us. otherwise i would call it Conditional LYLO.

If it hasnt been obvious, a lot of this post is "string of thought" so im just putting it down as i go. Are we really comfortable with TDS being mafia, so much so that we could lose if we are putting faith in UXLZ to be on the town's side? alternatively, we play it safe and no lynch or remove the 3rd party factor: 5:2:1 >>>>> 4:2

UXLZ: remind me, can that revive only be used before or after you lynch your lynch target?

Preview note: i came into this post writing thinking i would read over the thread, and i totally didnt do it and got side tracked with hypotheticals. So sorry about that. I mean, i hope this is /something/ that can be used though. or at least food for the mind to ponder on.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 12, 2016, 09:56:52 pm »

UXLZ: remind me, can that revive only be used before or after you lynch your lynch target?

It's used the first time I die, whenever that time is. It could be used after my target is lynched, but I'll have fulfilled my win condition at that point anyway.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 12, 2016, 09:59:38 pm »

UXLZ - Lyncher -currently targetting killer of Deus (presumably mafia):

i'd like to point out what fillipk said about the lyncher: "if the Lyncher's target was town you would get a town result. Anything else, a mafia result."

I'm assuming you aren't doing it intentionally, but you left outt the part where fillipk was asked "If an INSANE[/b] cop investigated the lyncher" which that answer was given in response to. Tiruin's "mafia" result on a lyncher targeting Deus mean's she's insane or lying.
The circle is complete.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 12, 2016, 10:17:01 pm »

Sprityo: That was the result for insane cops, not sane ones.  Sane ones get a third party result on any third party.

(PPE: UXLZ beat me to this, but I have links.  Links are good.)
I couldve sworn jack mentioned something about BHK saying he would visit Tiruin or something for N2.
That is correct: BHK did plan to inspect Tiruin N2.  When D2 finally ended, he had been inactive for over a week, though, so a lack of action isn't unrealistic.

As for comfort with the TDS lynch, I am quite comfortable with it.  I've spoken at length about why I strongly believe that TDS is scum, and won't reiterate that.  Lynching GA/UXLZ isn't particularly useful, I don't think, considering the revive (unless we have an OSG/UXLZ scumteam and GA was an incredible liar doing a very odd gambit, the revive is in the way).

OSG is strange in general (his claimed flavour in particular), and is definitely on my list of possible inspects tonight.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 12, 2016, 10:30:53 pm »

I'll be inspecting OSG tonight with my "Did this person kill Deus?" ability. Hopefully it doesn't have some sort of sanity effect. Of course, it's useless if we lynch TDS and he was the killer... But then again I've already fulfilled my win condition in that case.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48