Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94333 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (8/11) Day 3 still need a Replacement
« Reply #315 on: September 22, 2016, 12:17:37 am »

I'd like to see TDS' result, since he's pretty much confirmed sane. Also my inspect of BHK came back as mafia. Not that that information is of much use.
o_O?
Um, it may be my forgetfulness, but what happened to give off that impression of confirmation?
Also what did TDS inspect back in D2?

TDS inspected Fallacy N1 and got a town result, therefore Fallacy's roleflip almost certainly confirms him as sane.

I could still be insane in that I get a random result, though. All I know is that I'm not guaranteed to have an incorrect result.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2016, 04:43:00 am »

[...]

Night result: Mafia on BHK.  [...]
[...]Also my inspect of BHK came back as mafia. Not that that information is of much use.
Mafia on BHK
Bear is TMS btw.

I inspected Tiruin and she is definitely town. In addition, because of FoU's flip I have reason to suspect I'm sane (I checked FoU night 1 and got a town result but doubted my sanity).
OSG: So, what kind of third party are you?
So with 5 out of the 8 claimed--and BHK heading for a replacement, the only people who haven't claimed is GA and I.

OSG
I Read Mind on GayArachnea yesterday--they come up as MAFIA. And not third-party!

So...err, I'm falling back on my suspicious eyes on you and GA. GA has claimed lyncher--yet STRANGELY did not claim on whom. Vote pattern analysis doesn't note anything of particular mention about GA.
This is why my first post was a speculative post thing. I was very curious if there are inspect shenanigans rolling around--and there's a seeming absence of a framer-lead in the results of today.
...Unless y'know, GA for framed.

bearshogun1692

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2016, 06:23:59 am »

So it's two lynches to gg. Mafia could conceivably lie here and try to get us to lynch based on a fake cop claim.

e.g. Mafia says "I got town on person X and Mafia on person Y clearly 1 of them is Mafia," we lynch person X, they're town, then the next day we lynch person Y who is also town and game over.

We might just want to ignore all the cop stuff for now and play Mafia.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2016, 09:06:05 am »

So it's two lynches to gg. Mafia could conceivably lie here and try to get us to lynch based on a fake cop claim.

e.g. Mafia says "I got town on person X and Mafia on person Y clearly 1 of them is Mafia," we lynch person X, they're town, then the next day we lynch person Y who is also town and game over.

What if cops receive random results rather than results that are always incorrect? What if there are cops that always get town or always get mafia results?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2016, 09:41:22 am »

What if cops receive random results rather than results that are always incorrect? What if there are cops that always get town or always get mafia results?
Yeah that idea would go along 'things that will totally make this game a bastard game', and not within bounds of what I'm thinking o_O Because there are people who have gotten town or mafia.
And/or we read all third-parties against a town wincondition as mafia.

...That's how I think about it since I got Mafia on a claimed Lyncher, anyway. ._. And I do believe I'm one of the sane people given the context of my eyes on TDS and contrast to...err, you and your stuffs.

But WOW, so many people...visited BHK for some reason. As in, 'visited a player who wanted a replacement'.
...juicebox, bearshogun, Jack A T: Why did you pick BHK out of the rest of us?

Conceivably, out of all possible ideas present. There is also the portion of night abilities--those of which are unknown; you can deduce that folks like me (ie One power // two powers but they're known, like Jack [may be fakeclaiming? :P]) are pretty much out of that zone of 'save the #s of the people!', but yeah.
If we are to play Mafia...which is pretty much what we're doing (and what has occurred versus FallacyOfUrist yesterday given the reasons to vote him), we're doing it.

What are your thoughts about the game now, bearshogun?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 22, 2016, 08:48:01 pm »

a fake copclaim would literally have no effect given the seeming randomness of people's flips so far.

Someone smarter than me might find a pattern, but I got nothing.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 22, 2016, 11:46:20 pm »

I'd like to see TDS' result, since he's pretty much confirmed sane. Also my inspect of BHK came back as mafia. Not that that information is of much use.
o_O?
Um, it may be my forgetfulness, but what happened to give off that impression of confirmation?
Also what did TDS inspect back in D2?

TDS inspected Fallacy N1 and got a town result, therefore Fallacy's roleflip almost certainly confirms him as sane.

I could still be insane in that I get a random result, though. All I know is that I'm not guaranteed to have an incorrect result.

I was hoping fillipk wouldn't be so mean as that. Besides, with all the regular insanity going around it doesn't really seem necessary

Yeah that idea would go along 'things that will totally make this game a bastard game', and not within bounds of what I'm thinking o_O Because there are people who have gotten town or mafia.
And/or we read all third-parties against a town wincondition as mafia.

...That's how I think about it since I got Mafia on a claimed Lyncher, anyway. ._. And I do believe I'm one of the sane people given the context of my eyes on TDS and contrast to...err, you and your stuffs.

But WOW, so many people...visited BHK for some reason. As in, 'visited a player who wanted a replacement'.

Jack and I had agreed to inspect BHK together before he asked for a replacement, and we chose BHK specifically because he hadn't yet been inspected by anyone.

OSG: Give me your top scumpicks and why

GA: Same as above, and also, why shouldn't we lynch you today?

Tiruin: Is the lyncher usually told who his target is?

bear: Are you suspicious of anyone else besides BHK?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 22, 2016, 11:48:56 pm »

Tiruin: Is the lyncher usually told who his target is?
Precisely :P As far as I know in memory--there have been NO games where the lyncher has no idea who their target is (...that's because it's directly to their wincon and all), which is why I pressed GA earlier back there about the logic behind their reasoning.

I have yet to hear from GA (vote switch hello) on that matter because it came to mind that this could be a fakeclaim...although on the same level of contrast and curiosity given DA's flip--albeit nobody has actually action'd on him yet.

Um, why ask me that question o_O

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 22, 2016, 11:53:48 pm »

I asked because in the one game I've read that had a lyncher, he had to figure out who his target was, though now I'm sure that was because it was a bastard game. I just wanted to know whether or not that was the norm.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 24, 2016, 08:41:11 pm »

Tiruin: As juicebox said, my inspection was according to the public night action plan.

Tiruin's inspect result is interesting.  Let's get a little bit more info:

fillipk: If a third party was inspected by a completely sane, unmodified standard cop, what result would be given?  (General "third party", specific third party, "scum", "mafia", etc.)
Also, suppose you were using a standardish inspect sanity system (as decribed here) in this game.  How would insane cops handle third party inspects?
Finally, do you consider paranoid and naive cops, as described in the previously linked article, to be a mechanic not suitable for non-bastard games?  How about random cops?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 24, 2016, 08:43:58 pm »

Also, OSG: What made you think you were significantly likely to die last night?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2016, 10:19:13 pm »

fillipk: If a third party was inspected by a completely sane, unmodified standard cop, what result would be given?  (General "third party", specific third party, "scum", "mafia", etc.)
Also, suppose you were using a standardish inspect sanity system (as decribed here) in this game.  How would insane cops handle third party inspects?
Finally, do you consider paranoid and naive cops, as described in the previously linked article, to be a mechanic not suitable for non-bastard games?  How about random cops?
1. Third Party
2. NA
3. I would use them as a counterbalance for a powerful town, even in a non-bastard game.
4. Yes
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 24, 2016, 10:40:37 pm »

PFP

...Hum. That gives...quite a circumstantial idea.

While I'd love to poke OSG, I'd like to clear up our assumed sane-ish people--like me and TDS and others who are not TMS/Bearshogun, or Jack (primarily both assumed to be insane or counter-opposite) by voting GA.

However spending the lynch on someone else--especially a VAGUELY claimed Lyncher, and having either Jack or TMS/Bear inspect GA.

Thoughts, everyone?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2016, 02:41:40 pm »

Also, OSG: What made you think you were significantly likely to die last night?
Because everybody claimed, and most of them had pretty useless cop powers (that don't work most of the time)
Meanwhile, I had an ability to see people's ability, which would have been much more dangerous to scum, so I figured the sum might try to silence me.

Anyways, scum and I are probably going to be in a pretty big WIFOM war now, so that will be fun.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2016, 02:58:19 pm »

It has took me some time to decide whether I should continue with a gambit I planned; but I don't think I can fool scum into thinking that my target is still alive, so that I could bait them into revealing themselves for me.
I was purposely being vague about who my target was, just in case scum decided to shoot him. As such, I would like to say that my wincon has changed to lynching the person who killed my target.

Tiruin: Personally, I'm beginning to think that all of the townie's inspection results are unreliable. I am thinking that you are probably insane. consider that fillipk decided to just ignore this question.

1. Third Party
2. NA
3. I would use them as a counterbalance for a powerful town, even in a non-bastard game.
4. Yes
Of course, if you are insane, then TDS must be scum.
I think that it is likely we have a TDS/BHK mafia pairing.
I think OSG, Jack AT, Tiruin, and juicebox are town.
I'm not sure on bearshogun, but I think the other two know more than they let on.

fillipk: for the purposes of a mafia NK, is a specific player chosen to perform it, or is the team as a whole responsible for the NK.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48