Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94303 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (10/11) Day 2 needs a replacement
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2016, 12:18:17 am »

Vote Count:

Tiruin: (1) - BlackHeartKabal
FallacyofUrist: (5) - Deus Asmoth, Jack A.T, Juicebox, TDS, GayArchea
GayArchaea: 1 - oragamiscienceguy

6 to hammer
Hooo, dat hammer .___.
At least I'm glad I've a precautionary 'post logo seal' prevention measure present so nobody can say I voted to hammer. :P

I still have to read up on the whole FoU thing but a skim didn't roll over my impression on him as warranting my vote...

Eh? This surprises me slightly, what with 4 other people bandwagoning me. Might I know your reasons for me "not warranting your vote"?
Missed this one, for starters.

Hum. Recap!
Your posts in order on Day 2: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, and the last being your 23rd post, don't really give me the impression parallel to those voting you--albeit my main objective is information and Jack has made a good case about it regarding the hammer-lynch.

You:
> Investigated JACK and got MAFIA {Personally, you're insane or misleading--the latter due to possible changes to abilities; I recommend checking ME or anyone else who had a TOWN reading}, you were one of the first to claim after me and a few others, thereby having time to mirror and reflect ideas out. You also added to the idea about mind reading the dead (#2, 3), although I'm curious how that works because technically, the mind but be alive or receptive in order for that contextual power to actually...y'know, work.
Although the curious fact that our abilities (at least as I can infer from my WUN ability :v) does NOT have flavor to it, it may be me just latching onto tiny straws rather than the bundles around.
> Those voting you are reasonable, following their own reasoning on why you're to be lynched. Your attitude in Day 1 however is under a town-ish mindset; individualistic, proactive, curious. There's a lack of isolationism or subtle workings with others--especially poised within questions and queries, which may indicate a mafia/team alignment (like stuff from here or in #6, the tone and structuring; although I may be putting more onto that rather than checking the flow of your ideas). You have ONE POWER, so you're essentially an INSANE version of me, and I am interested in knowing more. All these tie into why I'm NOT voting you--I can see the reasoning, in part, in others voting for you by their perception of personality, and I can see characteristics that speak up for you, although a counter-point would be wanting to lynch you to see the differences in flavor since I am deeply curious about this.
That said, could I ask you to post about your flavor and role?
> You asked OSG important questions, following a query you thought about in #2. He avoided it in a way, and before his answer there, there was no notice of denying him being a headmaster until he said so :v You've a characteristic of classic cop stubbornness however (#11), so I've to ask what do you believe more--the validity of your findings or the idea that there may be sanity issues?
Next, do you believe yourself sane, or insane, with the background contrasted with the rest of our claims?

You've also been consistent with your voting on Jack there. Until lately. (#21) Following a good point that I personally agree with in Jack's reasoning.
> Soooo, I am undecided with my vote at the moment. :v
OSG is a one-shot multi-shot, 7-shot person, who has used a ROLE inspect on GA. Given that GA, DA, and OSG are not alignment cops, it may give the idea that they aren't connected. DA may be with others or may have connections, but GA has unveiled that they're a third-party in a way of being a Lyncher (no target designated in public).

So I'm curious that the mafia team, as there is one, may be of a alignment-cop nature, because the majority (as it seems) have that kind of power, and it seems more beneficial for them to add to the confusion. Sanity issues aside, you (FoU) have targeted JACK A T, who was first to claim Mafia result on me, along with TheMoonlightShadow. You hit Mafia on him. I hit town on TDS. And...where was that summary of people's night one actions? It's in Jack's posts as far as I recall >_<
Anyway that bit there is important as it notes the idea of relationships in the big picture; considering you claimed up front instead of merely remarking on your confusion (and you not voting is also noted in your first statement, #1), it's an important piece in my notes that you may not be scum.

So yeah.
...I've to re-read on everyone else >_> But I'm leaning to agree (with myself :v) that FoU ain't scum like that.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2016, 01:29:34 pm »

Bearshogun1692 has replaced TMS
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2016, 01:39:39 pm »

Requesting replacement

bearshogun1692

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2016, 01:47:14 pm »

Hi everyone please bear with me  8) while I get situated.

If anyone wants to give me a quick catch up on claims, lynches and things that would be cool and good.

bearshogun1692

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2016, 03:25:05 pm »

okay you guys no lynched and Griffinpup got N1Ked and this is the claims I think (I skimmed/skipped a lot so might be wrong):

alignment cops:
Jack A T -> Tiruin (Mafia)
Tiruin -> TDS (Town)
FallacyofUrist -> Jack AT (Mafia)
BHK -> OSG (Town)
TMS/bear -> Tiruin (Mafia)
TDS -> Fallacy (Town)
Juicebox -> Fallacy (Mafia)

GA is a lyncher+role cop

So Tiruin is the obvious lynch right? Jack and I both returned mafia on them. I'm thinking there is surely 1 mafia between me, Jack, and Tiruin.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2016, 04:02:45 pm »

okay you guys no lynched and Griffinpup got N1Ked and this is the claims I think (I skimmed/skipped a lot so might be wrong):

alignment cops:
Tiruin -> TDS (Town)
BHK -> OSG (Town)
TDS -> Fallacy (Town)

GA is a lyncher+role cop

So Tiruin is the obvious lynch right? Jack and I both returned mafia on them. I'm thinking there is surely 1 mafia between me, Jack, and Tiruin.

The alignment cop results appear to be at least partially insane (which means that their results are not guaranteed to be accurate). For example, me and Juicebox have opposite results on Fallacy. However, Fallacy's play is scummy (or at least I think it's scummy; you look at it and decide) so I'm voting for him despite my result because I don't think I'm sane.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2016, 04:16:01 pm »

Here is what I got from GA:

I probed GayArchea's mind and discovered that he has the power to revive once, purely out of hate.

(changed from second person to first person so I'm not quoting a pm.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

bearshogun1692

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2016, 08:32:52 pm »

alignment cops:
Tiruin -> TDS (Town)
BHK -> OSG (Town)
TDS -> Fallacy (Town)

GA is a lyncher+role cop

The alignment cop results appear to be at least partially insane (which means that their results are not guaranteed to be accurate). For example, me and Juicebox have opposite results on Fallacy. However, Fallacy's play is scummy (or at least I think it's scummy; you look at it and decide) so I'm voting for him despite my result because I don't think I'm sane.
Tiruin and Fallacy both seem okay I'm leaning toward Tiruin. Jack I think was the first to claim at the start of the day I think it's less likely mafia is fake claiming alignment cop first as this seems to be a closed setup and mafia wouldn't know that ~7ish out of the 10 remaining players seem to have an alignment cop ability. So if we lynch Tiruin we can learn a lot about Jack and myself.

That's all just mechanics stuff though I need to ISO some people, I'll read over Tiruin and Fallacy's posts tomorrow. I wanted to get something on the table asap though and I think this is a fine start.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2016, 08:40:21 pm »

o_o
A mutalisk seeming newbie :O
Hullo bearshogun, and welcome to Bay12! c:

A few queries for you ahead:
-- Have you read up from D1 until now?
-- What is your impression on the start of D2?
-- Are you basing your current posts merely on your predecessor's past actions?

So if we lynch Tiruin we can learn a lot about Jack and myself.
So I take it you don't believe me saying you're both insane? :P
Also, are you going to back up your ideas in a perspective that others can integrate? I mean I can get your idea--but it's...merely on your own idea alone, so there's little if at all for me to reply to.
...Also it's kinda :I'ey to just see 'oh hey let's lynch this dude, all in agreement?' out of nowhere with the wording being:
So casual. :I Much offhand. I: Wow.
But yeah. Can you expound on your thinking on this thing more please?

Here is what I got from GA:

I probed GayArchea's mind and discovered that he has the power to revive once, purely out of hate.

(changed from second person to first person so I'm not quoting a pm.)
._. Yes...that was stated before.
...This is a strange pattern where you quote and note something that was already stated, or something not present (ie That note about school) O_o
...Do you have other ideas in mind?

All y'all voting FoU: Thoughts on your votes? We can't move anywhere without compromise--I'd at least like to be sure about the night plan.

Yeah this is a solid edit :v I didn't want to +1 my post count... :-[
And yes this is valid for seal ain't broken!

E:
Jack I think was the first to claim at the start of the day I think it's less likely mafia is fake claiming alignment cop first as this seems to be a closed setup and mafia wouldn't know that ~7ish out of the 10 remaining players seem to have an alignment cop ability. So if we lynch Tiruin we can learn a lot about Jack and myself.
Huh. I missed this part before the part I quoted.
...So it seems you've read up on D2. Can I have your impression into it? Because it seems...a bit lacking here :P Considering you're commenting only on Jack...and that's it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:58:58 pm by Tiruin »

bearshogun1692

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2016, 07:10:50 am »

Sure it's possible that jack and I are both insane but even if that's the case I think lynching you has good equity for town, two "confirmed" cops for one mislynch doesn't seem like a bad trade for town and that's if you're town. The best case scenario is very attractive since would we get two alignment cops sorted out and lunch Mafia.

Like I said I doubt Jack is lying about his claim it doesn't make sense to me for Mafia to fake claim first before all the other alignment cops were out, and I know my predecessor didn't lie because duh I replaced him :P. Lynching fallacy I think there is more room for one of the cops to have lied/faked a check since they claimed later.

And you're right there's not much of that you can actually respond to or defend against since it's just mechanics talk. you shouldn't let me get by voting for these reasons alone and I don't plan to but.. I think it's a solid start for me, I didn't see anyone else bring this up, so you should be happy with me as town :). I'm gonna read some filters today and look more closely at behavior and feels but I would ask ppl to keep in mind that this is my first game here, I've never played with any of you as far as I know, so my reads are going to be relying on more on mechanics and heresay than they would if I knew everyone.

bearshogun1692

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2016, 07:19:41 am »

lol yeah lets lunch some Mafia that's what we should be doing

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2016, 08:20:07 am »

So... you lynch Tiruin... and what happens if all three of you are town? Very real possibility, methinks. Again, insanity/paranoidness/framer.
Surely one mafia between you three? Maybe, maybe not. There's not much a way to tell.
Best case scenario: good. But what about the worst case scenario?

Also, if Tiruin is the best lynch, why are you not voting her?
~~~
I would like someone to inspect me tonight, by the way.

but I don't feel like using my inspect tonight.
Okay Mr. Bear, why do you think your predecessor said this?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

bearshogun1692

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2016, 08:33:44 am »

If all 3 are town me and jacks alignment cop abilities are sorted out (both insane cops) I don't think that's a bad scenario for town; it's a similar situation if we lunch you, we get clues about 2 players' alignment cop abilities, I'm just more interested in lynching Tiruin right now because jack was the first player to claim. I'm not voting her yet cause I haven't finished reading her/your posts for all I know she's been spewing town the whole game and you might be the better lynch :P

Idk why my predecessor said that I'm 100% using my inspect tonight and people should make their own decisions about who they inspect whether it be me or whoever else.

I'm sort of struggling with the search function on this site is there a way to isolate a particular player's posts in a thread?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2016, 11:31:28 am »

So fallacy is still one away from being hammared, but I just don't identify the behavior everybody accuses him of as scummy. Perhaps if someone could find a different direction to attack him from, I might be convinced, but for now, I don't see him korenprnless scummy than everybody else.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

bearshogun1692

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2016, 02:08:32 pm »

Don't hammer yet pls I'm up to page 17 and I'll probably want to talk about darkstar and blackheart when I'm done if anyone wants to get a head start and give me some opinions on those players
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48