Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Scum Win!  (Read 43817 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Fetid Four - Day 5
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2016, 04:11:02 pm »

Day 5 Start

You arise to a wonderful surprise in the morning. Imic's dead body - a knife buried deep in the back - pale, in a pool of congealing blood.

Upon further inspection, he dropped a key. Unfortunately, he then fell onto the key, breaking it. Turns out he really
was the jailor.

Imic has been night-killed! He was Town Jailor!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Votes

vishdafish -
TheWetSheep -
origamisciencyguy -
Tiruin -

No Lynch -

Extensions (2 remaining) - 0/2 -

Shortens - 0/2 -

Day 5 will end on Thursday, 4pm Central Time, or 72 hours.

Special Note: You are in MYLO.

If the Town decide to lynch someone, and that someone is not Mafia-aligned, they will lose!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:52:47 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2016, 10:12:34 pm »

So OSG is my vote for today following a carry over from yesterday, along with his voting on Imic which was part of why I voted him.

REMINDER: WE ARE AT A MYLO SITUATION. Mislynch-or-Lose.
The usual spiel would be a case basis of not-lynching today, however we have an (somewhat) confirmed Townie...being me--considering the assumption that Imic followed up his Jail choice in the night (me)--so consider that this situation can be just as LYLO, as I am a possible nightkill target.

But the idea goes--if in cases like these WITHOUT a somewhat-confirmed-Townie-through-logical-reasoning, it may be a good idea to MISLYNCH (If you are aware of the game setup and there are no power roles that can tip the balance [ie Double voters or more than 1 killer to overpower the #s of Town; usually, if Town has a killer-role, it doesn't lead to these situations, but the terms MYLO or LYLO are built towards scenarios such as these--non reliance on power roles)

PFP (Teneb or scum IC help please)

Imic:
Please don't worry in public about your survival, especially if there's no idea that anyone actually suspects your special power role that is mostly known to you. Act normal, act natural, act as if you're in the other person's shoes because that is the general assumption about you. This also applies in games where there are power roles for everyone--there's a baseline assumption that people have (in this game, it's "everyone doesn't have a power role unless proven otherwise").

I would also drop an IC note about initiative-posting but that's taken up in the future (ie You posting about a notion or idea that can cue or tip off scum from making a mistake--like the above, of me mentioning that 'no lynch' is a bad idea: OSG might make that claim and in my eyes that would make him SCUM SCUM SCUM, but this is a player note inasmuch as an IC note)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 04, 2016, 02:52:13 am »

well, damn.
Bah.
Humbug.
Etc.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:30:50 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 04, 2016, 03:23:28 am »

[...]
When dead, even if as a 'bah' post, you cannot reveal or reinforce any idea within the game by your words :P Please edit that out.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 04, 2016, 09:57:22 am »

Ugh. I was not expecting that. Not really sure what to do now.

OSG: I'm pretty sure Vishdafish is town, so that leaves you. It doesn't help that you've just been skimming through the game recently, producing no substance and making zero impression on me. Is that intentional?

Vishdafish: How do you feel about Lard's flip?

Today's not a good day for me to contribute; I'll work on something better later.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 04, 2016, 12:10:37 pm »

Well, dont mean to bandwagon, but I am torn between TheWetSheep and OSG. TheWetSheep because there is no definite evidence that he isnt scum (like Tiruin). I am voting OSG because of the no lynch fiasco which, in my opinion, really hurt town. We should have found the scum quicker and we would have found the scum quicker if not for the no lynch plan. OSG was also my orignal suspicion. In addition to this, kilakan, the person who OSG replaced, was busy on the day that there was no night kill.

@TheWetSheep Well, to be honest, I feel kinda guilty for mislynching LARD. I still think his predecessor acted a bit scummy, which was one of the main reasons why I lynched him.

@OSG Who are you most suspicious of at the moment and why? Can you say why you think you are not scum?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2016, 08:54:12 pm »

Hey, guys. I had the plan that would make him not need to reveal. I think we can all agree that it was unwise for the jailer to claim after only one "success".

He was the one that didn't follow that plan, which is why I was suspicious of him. Seemed like it could have been a fake claim. I had my reasons for voting him, but please tell me.

What would I have to gain by suggesting that strategy?

Also, why is me voting him a scumtell? A real scum would have just night killed him easily and not had any reason to actually vote for him.

I can't see, but did IMIC say who he was going to jail last night?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2016, 11:35:17 pm »

Hey, guys. I had the plan that would make him not need to reveal. I think we can all agree that it was unwise for the jailer to claim after only one "success".

He was the one that didn't follow that plan, which is why I was suspicious of him. Seemed like it could have been a fake claim. I had my reasons for voting him, but please tell me.

Also, why is me voting him a scumtell? A real scum would have just night killed him easily and not had any reason to actually vote for him.

Unvote, detected several notes; you voting him isn't a scumtell :P (Nor do I know how you got that idea from reading probably-me; I'd like to know what you thought before typing all that here)

PFP

Extend

I'd like everyone to cross-examine everyone else to be sure and certain both of their reasoning in voting the other person, and in actually lynching.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2016, 06:57:41 pm »

Extend

Okay, I read over the beginning, and noticed that kilakan, OSG's previous self, never really interacted with TheBiggerFish. Just something to note.

OSG:

You would gain trust, like you're trying to do now. It's a little WIFOM-y.

Not a big scumtell, but I had a super town read on him and don't understand why you would have honestly thought he was mafia. Also, for scum, lynching the jailer is preferable to NK-ing them for two reasons. 1, it means there's no possibility of being jailed in the night, and 2, it frees up the NK for a target of their choice.

Vishdafish: If you're really torn between me and OSG, why are you only pressuring the one of us who has more votes? Going for an easy lynch?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 05, 2016, 10:25:08 pm »

Let's for a moment say I was the scum. I decided not to lynch last night. The only reason to do that was to trick the doc into claiming. Why would I then try to keep the doc from claiming? No matter how you put it, there is no way for that to be beneficial to me. It was completely unrelated that Imic decided to claim anyways.

I was suspicious of him because he didn't follow my plan, even though it was clearly the best option. So I figured there was a high possibility that he was fakeclaiming and hoping that there wasn't a doc in the game.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 06, 2016, 02:00:50 pm »

Let's for a moment say I was the scum. I decided not to lynch last night. The only reason to do that was to trick the doc into claiming.
Or you tried to kill Lard for some reason.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 06, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »

TWS I dont really know what to say to you. You havent made any suspicious things in your posts, but you are not confirmed town either.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2016, 12:09:33 am »

Extend

Dudes voting OSG:
What do you do other than awaiting for the initiative from them, to forward your suspicions on them? If you believe the vote is in the right place--aim for the "Shorten" action (bold it too).

I'm swamped with thesisworks and thus request aid from other ICs x~x sorry for lacking activity.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2016, 06:22:23 am »

I'm not actually sure anymore. Vishdafish is being pretty scummy at the moment.

Well, dont mean to bandwagon, but I am torn between TheWetSheep and OSG.
TWS I dont really know what to say to you. You havent made any suspicious things in your posts, but you are not confirmed town either.
So there's someone who's acting scummy and someone who's acting not scummy and you're torn between them? That doesn't make a lot of sense, and it seems more like you're trying to keep up appearances while going for the easy lynch (totally what a fairly trusted scum would do).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2016, 08:08:37 am »

Well that's annoying, I thought I had already posted to say the day has been extended... sorry!

Day 5

Votes

vishdafish -
TheWetSheep -
origamisciencyguy - vishdafish, TheWetSheep (2)
Tiruin -

No Lynch -

Extensions (1 remaining) - 2/2 - Tiruin, TheWetSheep

Shortens - 0/2 -

Day 5 has been extended, and will end on Monday, 4pm Central Time, or 77 hours, 55 minutes.

There is 1 extension remaining for day 5.

Special Note: You are in MYLO.

If the Town decide to lynch someone, and that someone is not Mafia-aligned, they will lose!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26