Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Scum Win!  (Read 43843 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 4
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2016, 08:10:53 am »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2016, 08:27:53 am »

extend
Btw, EXTEND EXTEND EXTEND
These are usually bolded.
You're tense. Relax more. :D

PFP

Imic: Put in mind that votes do not necessarily correlate directly to people being scum or town--especially if they're placed on other people that have claimed importance (ie YOU). A vote usually means two out of many things: one being one's interest being focused on the person intended, along with them needing to address something, and the second one being confirmatory.

Tiruin, has been... Suspicious, but that could just be him trying to find the scum, which is fine, but, he has voted for me, possibly so as to... Get rid of me. But still, see my thing on origami.

Overall, I'm not aure. Vishdafish... Seeems clean, but I'm somewhat reluctant to trust anyone.

Btw, EXTEND EXTEND EXTEND
1. She.
2. Check your own reasoning. Why did I vote you.

LARD and wet sheep know each other, so I can't read anything from their interactions, which there aren't any. I thought that LARD was a bit suspicious, but he doesn't seem so any more. I had forgotten about origami scoence guy's plan, and Hector had forgotten to email me about what roo had done in the past, which was nothing. He seems to be holding this over my head a lot a lot, but this would not be the kind of thing that scum would do. Scum would not mention anything about jailor, so as that when they did claim, the scum would be able to dispose of them. Because of this, I do not think that origami is scum. Tiruin has been doing a lot of talking, and accusing me of scum.

This is what I can tell, and I now present something else.

What if I was scum? Well, the REAL jailor would claim! I would be lynched by now, and town would win. If I wasn't jailor, the town would all know exactly who the scum was: the person who claimed to be the jailor... But the jailor was lynched.
Town would win either way.
But this hasn't happened.
Therefore, according to this, I must be telling the truth.

Maybe mafia is my sort of thing after all...
o_o
I...you seem to be jumping between anxiety and your reasoning.
...Relax, when typing out your response. The benefit of a post is that you have ALL the time you need to compose and write down your thoughts--the same follows for PMs and otherwise. (As such, the impact of the post is much higher than 'someone saying something' at times, because of that reasoning)

LARD and wet sheep know each other, so I can't read anything from their interactions, which there aren't any.
It doesn't matter if they know each other. What matters is how anything progresses from their interactions, even if it is a polite nod to each other in recognition.

I thought that LARD was a bit suspicious, but he doesn't seem so any more
Writing down your reasoning would help in the future for any reader.
He seems to be holding this over my head a lot a lot, but this would not be the kind of thing that scum would do. Scum would not mention anything about jailor, so as that when they did claim, the scum would be able to dispose of them. Because of this, I do not think that origami is scum. Tiruin has been doing a lot of talking, and accusing me of scum.
Thaaaat's it!
And note on me: I have accused out of suspicion :v It is one's responsibility to respond to that (because that makes up the whole basis of communication--mutual discourse), rather than "be affected by it and don't respond at all because that person is someone in authority/more experience".

What if I was scum? Well, the REAL jailor would claim! I would be lynched by now, and town would win. If I wasn't jailor, the town would all know exactly who the scum was: the person who claimed to be the jailor... But the jailor was lynched.
Town would win either way.
But this hasn't happened.
Therefore, according to this, I must be telling the truth.
I'm operating on the assumption that:
> There is no existence of the jailer, and I am pressuring you along with assessing your response.

OSG

(If one wishes to switch their votes, and it is generally known that there is only one vote--they can just 'red' another person's name. UNVOTES need to be bolded + red too, but under these conditions, these can follow. If in games where multiple-votes may exist, anyone can just bold a votecount request to be sure
*Hilarity such as 'invisible votes' are a 'bastard' mechanic in a way.)

I'm gonna vote for IMIC again.

I don't like how you claimed without reading what people before posted (if I am to believe that you just "missed" my plan) And your resolution to death makes you seem like a gambiting scum to me. I don't think a doctor would go down so easily, especially since the "scum" CAN'T kill you tonight if you role block the scum again. Seems fishy.
I see several good points--and I can't see how these points follow a validated vote. You can not like how someone acts, but this is on a whole different level than 'this person is/inferred to be scum'. This kind of bias is something to personally note by the player.
But to you here--where is your backing?
Can you expound on your impression about Imic's 'resolution to death'? This sounds like a cut-off from reasoning their actions into a conclusion instead. I myself can try to infer Imic's reaction--and yeah, it's scummy, but considering the context of the person (which is a VERY important tool any Mafia player should integrate in their playstyle/mindset), I find him wanting.
In which I mean, the repeated occurrences of Imic's actions and posts organize my insight into him to find him flailing in a town-like way rather than in the overt/overly way scum may try too hard to hide their tracks.

Also seriously guys. JAILER != DOCTOR. :P

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2016, 09:21:31 am »

I am just a very insane person. And changeable. And somewhat depressed.

I am tense. I often am. I am also anxious a lot.
Movin away from this.

Tiruin... I'm not sure.
Origami, town
Vishdafish I am not sure
Hang on.
What time is it in america?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3
« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2016, 09:58:02 am »

Day 4

Votes

vishdafish - LARD (1)
TheWetSheep -
LARD - vishdafish (1)
origamisciencyguy - Tiruin (1)
Imic - origamisciencyguy (1)
Tiruin - TheWetSheep (1)

No Lynch -

Extensions (0 remaining) - 2/2 - Imic, Tiruin

Shortens - 0/3 -

The day has been extended.

There are no extensions remaining for day 4.

Day 4 will end at 2pm on Friday, US Central Time, or 52 hours.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2016, 08:02:26 pm »

OSG:
I'm gonna vote for IMIC again.

[...]And your resolution to death makes you seem like a gambiting scum to me. I don't think a doctor would go down so easily, especially since the "scum" CAN'T kill you tonight if you role block the scum again. Seems fishy.
Really? Looking over his posts, you really think he's scum? If a doctor wouldn't go down easily, would the last scum, knowing their death means a loss? Also if he knew with certainty who the scum was, the game would kinda be over.

To me it looks like you're going for an easy lynch off Tiruin's vote here.

Imic:
LARD and wet sheep know each other, so I can't read anything from their interactions, which there aren't any.
???

Almost half my interactions with anybody have been with LARD.

Hey vishdafish. You've been pretty quiet lately.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2016, 10:01:21 pm »

Why are we voting for an unchallenged roleblocker? We know there probably is one, so what the heck? 

Also, that vote track is quite a silly thing.

How about a list of reads?
OSG: Pushing for no-lynches at the beginning seems like something only a town would do, and even then it's dumb.
TheWetSheep:  I think he actually could be scum, mostly from evidence of Kilojoule Proton, but also the way he's only vaguely poking around.
Vishdafish: Probably scum for previously stated reasons. Oh, could you remind me why you think I am scum?
Tiruin: She has made a bit of a case against OSG, but I don't think it merits a vote.
Imic: Unchallenged claim (assuming jailkeep exists) => not scum.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2016, 02:56:29 am »

@LARD:. Dont you think that you are the most suspicious person here? You believe Imic is the roleblocker, but when he imprisoned you, nobody died. Yes, the scum may have tried to kill you, but the is a very high likelihood that you were the scum, and couldnt act that night.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2016, 05:13:24 am »

@LARD:. Dont you think that you are the most suspicious person here? You believe Imic is the roleblocker, but when he imprisoned you, nobody died. Yes, the scum may have tried to kill you, but the is a very high likelihood that you were the scum, and couldnt act that night.
I am very torn as to whether lard is scum or not. I am very changeable on the subject.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2016, 06:14:33 am »

noticed a typo: "but there" not "but the"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2016, 07:36:12 am »

I am just a very insane person. And changeable. And somewhat depressed.

I am tense. I often am. I am also anxious a lot.
Movin away from this.

Tiruin... I'm not sure.
Origami, town
Vishdafish I am not sure
Hang on.
What time is it in america?
First of all--never use terms like insane out of any context :I I take things literally--and doubly so when I see psychological terms being used as a shorthand to give off an 'impression' rather than better synonyms being used; these exercise vocabulary and comprehension, with emphasis on expression. Nextly, I feel like you're setting some of your words as to 'hidden/implicit' standards. No. Don't.
You are not 'a very insane person' >_>
Everyone is able to change and modify their own behavior.
Depression--sans biological origins--can be handled; if it's originating from overly focusing on faults, that follows one's 'focus'. The usage of labels, words, or ideas, to create or connect meaning to 'why' we think how we think. If someone criticizes you, and you see they aren't blunt or abrasive, either ask for constructive criticism, or ask yourself how that criticism can be taken constructively: Usually, the "you" there is more "your behavior/how you acted/what you're expressing" rather than your very being.

And there's always a reason towards tension and anxiety.

Also, hector13 is Scottish as far as I know :P The forum time however, runs on American timezones. (eg It is 8:27pm here, GMT +8. Forum time says "September 29, 2016, 07:26:26 am", so that's around 13 hours difference, or GMT -5)

Why are we voting for an unchallenged roleblocker? We know there probably is one, so what the heck? 
I voted primarily as pressure to clear out my own suspicions as my vote rested more on attitude and his behavior. Imic clears out after thorough consideration--if he is the last scum, I waive my newbie card on this.
Spoiler: IC note (click to show/hide)

OSG: Pushing for no-lynches at the beginning seems like something only a town would do, and even then it's dumb.
Really? Only town?
Why that kind of reasoning?

I'm of the mindset of efficiency; considering the tools at hand, a lynch is generally in the favor of TOWN, as in the basic design (ie No power roles), it is only town's weapon to achieve their wincondition without relying on added auxiliary benefits (ie Power roles).

Considering his context, what's your insight on all that?
Because that's partly of why I'm voting him. Reconsideration towards his stance.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:35 am »

I do actually have a syndrome which means that technically I am somewhat insane. It is, in fairnessm quite mild though.

On the other hand...
I am very sure that lard is town
As is origami
Vishdafish... Not sure.
Wet sheep seems to be town, since he seems like he is working...
Tiruin? I have no clue.
Hector13? He seems like a prime example of a GM.

I think that I have dug myself into a deep hole, and I am not sure that I can make it out withought being lynched or murdered in my sleep.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2016, 11:12:25 am »

Vishdafish: I understand the implications of Imic jailing me. I don't really have anything to add on the subject except that it makes sense that (if you are mafia) you would attack me, the one who is suspecting you.  I get jailed and saved.

I have two theories: you tried to kill me, or Kilojoule proton was absent and didn't nightkill. Both of you acted suspicious, and I'm trying to get a read on TheWetSheep.

@Tiruin: OSG wasn't under suspicion at all.  He could have just poked around a bit, let someone else get lynched and one step closer to victory.  I don't think nolynching is something a town should do, but it really is more obviously disadvantageous to the mafia.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2016, 12:40:23 pm »

LARD:
TheWetSheep:  I think he actually could be scum, mostly from evidence of Kilojoule Proton, but also the way he's only vaguely poking around.
That's completely ridiculous. How am I 'vaguely poking around'?  I don't mean to sound self-righteous, but since I've joined the game I've done more scumhunting than you, Imic, OSG, and vishdafish put together. I was willing to ignore some of your bad reasoning beforehand, but now you're just pulling things out of nowhere, and when you do that you're scum.

Vishdafish:I have two theories: you tried to kill me, or Kilojoule proton was absent and didn't nightkill. Both of you acted suspicious, and I'm trying to get a read on TheWetSheep.
Are you now? I really don't see it.

Tiruin: Interesting how you switched only when I called you out on it. Answer my questions please?

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2016, 06:12:38 pm »

How am I 'vaguely poking around'?  I don't mean to sound self-righteous, but since I've joined the game I've done more scumhunting than you, Imic, OSG, and vishdafish put together. I was willing to ignore some of your bad reasoning beforehand, but now you're just pulling things out of nowhere, and when you do that you're scum.

Bogus. The only scumhunting you've done is to bother myself and Tiruin. You've prodded the others a bit to get them moving, but you had no reason to vote for Tiruin other than tunneling and question dodging, neither of which is characteristic of an experienced mafia. That's what I call vaguely poking around.  And now you've voted for me which is fine because of circumstantial evidence, but not for the reasons you laid out.  Those reasons seem like an excuse to avoid a bandwagoning accusation on the ideas of Vishdafish.  Just vote for me for some reasonable reason, and there are several, instead of those you have already put foreward.

[joke] Also, this "self-riotousness" is just you being indignant at an imagined slight, trumped up in your mind by guilt and stress of a conscience of hiding something [/joke]

Vishdafish:I have two theories: you tried to kill me, or Kilojoule proton was absent and didn't nightkill. Both of you acted suspicious, and I'm trying to get a read on TheWetSheep.
Are you now? I really don't see it.
This is relevant, I believe.
Almost half my interactions with anybody have been with LARD.
This is what I have been reading. I don't need to poke you if you poke yourself.

All this said, I am quite comfortable believing that TheWetSheep is accurate in his assesment of Vishdafish's turn of speech as making him not a scum. 
Spoiler: If you don't remember (click to show/hide)
Due to this, my suspicions fall on TheWetSheep

And before everybody cries, OMGUS, remember that I had been threatening to do this earlier.

Remember TWS, I am starting out with a baseline of people who I don't think are mafia and moving from there.

Summary of accusations on TheWetSheep (some from Kilojoule proton)
Kilojoule proton bouncing his vote around, but never to TheBiggerFish
No useful interactions between Kilojoule Proton and Thebiggerfish
KJP went inactive, we had a murderless night during which I was jailed,
I have two theories: [Vishdafish] tried to kill me, or Kilojoule proton was absent and didn't nightkill.
Vishdafish has been "cleared" by his slipup mentioned above.
TheWetSheep goes after Tiruin for no good reason.
TheWetSheep claims to have hunted a lot despite having come up with no good leads before the one that I was scum. This one doesn't count because he claims to have hunted a lot before I was voted by him. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2016, 07:29:07 pm »

Tiruin: Interesting how you switched only when I called you out on it. Answer my questions please?
PFP
I think I answered all of it o_O Although looking back I missed this 'two votes' post and admit that I had thought it was two votes because of the times you quoted me (I am forgetful ._.).

But your 'calling me out' was not a prerogative towards any change of my stance--I am still following my own notes and perceptions towards people :P Although I do give you a point in proactivity towards that; tunneling was never any pressure onto me here though, or is any accusation of it as I personally cannot see any of it applying (and you didn't follow it up that much, like connecting my activity to TBF, towards any reasoning on your part--expressing this can help a lot with impact/pressure in time, per post).

I do actually have a syndrome which means that technically I am somewhat insane. It is, in fairnessm quite mild though.
While I'm aware of the general disorders or otherwise that may be parallel to that synonym, still, don't call yourself insane. -_- I'm a Psych student :P So...cautioning you towards labels and stuff. Be very aware of the literal meaning of the words you use--these have an affect towards others' reading comprehension of you and your behavior.
But don't worry too much. Really. You aren't being personally persecuted--in Mafia, people do follow their own motives, and sometimes this means investigating or day-game pressuring other people to be sure about their roles and alignments as a player. Out-of-game, we're all cool friends with each other, as Toaster says c: (And as far as I know, he's one of the elders in this board)

On the other hand...
I am very sure that lard is town
As is origami
Vishdafish... Not sure.
Wet sheep seems to be town, since he seems like he is working...
Tiruin? I have no clue.
Hector13? He seems like a prime example of a GM.

I think that I have dug myself into a deep hole, and I am not sure that I can make it out withought being lynched or murdered in my sleep.
Alright, I see you're in the mindset for people asking you your reads and then keeping on doing it due to worry about the pressure.
1. Do not consider yourself a lost cause just because you gained some 'heat' (tell me if you don't know this term please). Town wins even if DEAD if at the end, the living Townies win. Same goes for any alignment unless mentioned otherwise (ie Third-party Survivor/Serial Killer, etc)
2. All those bits about self-concern may act as a suspicion magnet for other Mafia players, even if they do know the context of your behavior is OK via metaknowledge or assessment of your attitude. Like me, I'm still under the partial suspicion that you're scum given the worry as there is a possibility that scum do worry (if alone and the last); but this is balanced out by other notes: Like, this kind of behavior of yours does make sense of reliance on a power role rather than scum being over-overt.
3. You can follow up those reads by pursuing your own line of inquiry towards others :O It can just be like talking casually to other people. One possibility is being detailed with both your target, and a list of what you did or will do in the following/previous days.

So I take it, you jailed...someone in N3? Refresh my memory please :P

Roo/anyone else: If you find you own activity lacking or waning, you can always send an advanced PM to the GM about your action 'later in the night' or later on when your actions can be done despite it not being able to be done now. :P If in doubt, respectfully ask for a replacement too (but if possible, still participate until then)

OSG Yoooo, you ok dude?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26