Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Scum Win!  (Read 43899 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3
« Reply #240 on: September 10, 2016, 02:51:36 pm »

Bussing your mafia buddy does not give you immunity.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2016, 03:34:11 pm »

It dosent, but why kill my "scum buddy" so early on in the game?

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2016, 03:52:49 pm »

Actually, I'm going to agree with Origamiscienceguy on this one vishdafish.  Your vote of thebiggerfish here is hardly a point in your favour as you have no context or arguments. 
vote TheBiggerFish. He seems kinda fishy. (Pardon the pun)
What was your reasoning? Puns are great too though.

It dosent, but why kill my "scum buddy" so early on in the game?
As for this question, you may have seen the tide turning against him and therefore jumped on him to avoid looking suspicious.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2016, 04:18:49 pm »

Tide turning against him? The tide of what exactly? The tide of one vote? I voted TBF because I thought that either roo or him was scum, due to their argument. It was also a bit of luck, as you would expect D1 lynches to be.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 10, 2016, 04:37:22 pm »

Also, sorry to double post, but it is precisely because I have no context or made any valid arguments against TBF that it makes me more likely to be town. A real scum would have lynched his scum buddy on day 2 at the minimum. They would have an opportunity to justify themselves and appear town. D1 lynch scum buddy is an extremely stupid idea for mafia. Instead of pushing me about this point, I think OSG's argument that any potential power roles would have investigated him is more suspicious. No real proof, and it is a wild assumption, considering about ~4 players were active in D2.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - (7/7 players, 2/2 ICs) - Day 1
« Reply #245 on: September 10, 2016, 05:48:25 pm »

Two votes
TBF

TBF

vote TheBiggerFish. He seems kinda fishy. (Pardon the pun)

Fair enough, the second one was pretty close to yours, but there was a vote update between your vote and Tiruin's.
Also, sorry to double post, but it is precisely because I have no context or made any valid arguments against TBF that it makes me more likely to be town.
What in the hemorrhaging sphincter are you on about?  The reason you are town is that you do not think about where your vote goes?  I would like this statement retracted. Even the rest of the quote doesn't provide any justification for this.

A real scum would have lynched his scum buddy on day 2 at the minimum. They would have an opportunity to justify themselves and appear town. D1 lynch scum buddy is an extremely stupid idea for mafia. Instead of pushing me about this point, I think OSG's argument that any potential power roles would have investigated him is more suspicious. No real proof, and it is a wild assumption, considering about ~4 players were active in D2.
You didn't lynch him. Tiruin and Teneb did. My accusation of bandwagoning still stands.  We can assume that any of OSG's logic has to be taken with salt because he advocated for nolynching. This isn't something a mafia would do, just a shortsighted townie.  Besides, predicting scum behaviour is so pointless because while we are trying to predict them, they are trying to be like us.  You're looking more and more mafiaesque every post. 

And OSG on power roles is just something we'll have to humour at this point.  His focus on the power roles makes me think him more town, but not a useful thing in finding scum.

I trust Tiruin because I doubt she would, as an IC, kill her scumbuddy right off the bat.  Just a thought.

Please don't mistake my bizarre expletives for anger. I'm having fun. 
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 10, 2016, 05:58:04 pm »

No, dont worry, I wont take offence. Tiruin changed his vote- he was never part of the lynching. If I was really scum, dont you think I would at least try to save TBF by arguing against roo, or voting him? Another point is at the end of day 1, the other scum had a chance of saving TBF by voting for someone else. This means the scum was either inactive at that, or really stupid. I fit in neither of those categories.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2016, 06:39:00 pm »

Tiruin removing her vote doesn't make any difference to the bandwagoning accusation because, having jumped on, you couldn't jump off after Tiruin without looking suspicious.
Defending a scumbuddy is something nobody does because it is as dumb as it sounds. To sway the public vote like that is incredibly fishy. 

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2016, 06:45:48 pm »

Tiruin is female? I think I had the chance to switch the vote quite easily (if I was scum) with roo acting scummy and all.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2016, 07:30:54 pm »

Yes, I believe Tiruin is a "she".  I also would like some evidence as to how roo was acting scummy. 

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 10, 2016, 09:13:08 pm »

Tiruin is a she. You can check her profile instead of automatically assuming someone's gender.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2016, 05:28:09 am »

Just stay out of it, just stay out of it...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2016, 07:36:34 am »

Soz its just 90% of b12 people are male. @LARD Roo was acting very defensive, and he was already voted by kilakan at that time. Really, I could have switched my vote to snow dwarf or juicebox because of lurking. What makes you so confident that OSG is town? How is he less suspicious than me?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2016, 09:09:17 am »

Not much. For all you know, I could be scum. Don't get any ideas, though.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2016, 09:18:33 am »

Roo was arguing pretty heavily with TheBiggerFish before they lynched him.  So that made me less suspicious.  Don't push this back on the OrigamiScienceGuy. It's quite apparent to me that he's not scum and I already explained why.  He's attempting to think like a townie and doing things his own way. You on the other hand appear to be trying to think like a mafia a lot yet never doing anything original.  And lurking is not a valid reason for voting someone.  Active lurking is more so.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26