Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Scum Win!  (Read 43948 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - (7/7 players, 2/2 ICs) - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2016, 09:19:22 am »

vote TheBiggerFish. He seems kinda fishy. (Pardon the pun)
Now Tell me fish, why are you voting for fish vishdafish? (If you see fish, always say fish :P)
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - (7/7 players, 2/2 ICs) - Day 1
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2016, 10:04:19 am »

Day 1 End

Teneb and vishdafish take the initiative. Teneb grabs TheBiggerFish from behind. vishdafish grabs some rope, tying it into a noose. TheBiggerFish struggles as vishdafish loops the noose over his neck, throwing the rest of it over a rafter, and is joined by Teneb in pulling TheBiggerFish into the air...

Once he stops twitching, his room is searched. You find a list of place names, all scratched out but one - this inn!

Votes

vishdafish - snow dwarf (1)
Kilojoule Proton -
juicebox - Kilojoule Proton (1)
TheBiggerFish - Teneb, vishdafish (2)
snow dwarf -
kilakan -
roo - TheBiggerFish (1)
Tiruin -
Teneb -

Extensions - 2/3 - Tiruin, kilakan

Shortens - 0/5

TheBiggerFish has been struck down lynched. He was Mafia!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Night 1 has begun. If you have a night action, PM it to me by Monday, 10am Central Time.

Mondays are a busy-ish time for me, so I may not start the day again 'til Tuesday.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:27:21 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Stinkin' Seven - Day 2
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2016, 10:23:24 am »

Day 2

You sleep surprisingly well for the situation. You managed to find one of the two assassins, meaning half your job is done.

You quickly notice, however, not everyone is present. Teneb did not deign to show himself. You all decide to look for him.

It doesn't take long. You find him in his room, as dead as a doorknob, oddly peaceful despite the horrific look on his face.

You realise that the remaining assassin wasn't chastened by yesterday's events, and won't stop until you're all dead.

The blizzard outside continues, unabated, ignorant of the goings on within the inn...

Teneb was killed in the night. He was Town!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Votes

vishdafish -
Kilojoule Proton -
juicebox -
snow dwarf -
kilakan -
roo -
Tiruin -

Extensions - 0/3

Shortens - 0/4

Day 2 end at Friday, 10.30am Central US Time, you have 72 hours remaining
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2016, 03:08:51 pm »

Picking on the experienced players, eh?

Ok, heres how I see it:
Me: Definitely not scum- could voted another player, TBF would be alive.
KJP- Dosent give off a scum vibe, asked weird questions that drew attention. Probably not scum
Juicebox- Lurker++. Seems a bit scummy, could be scum.
Snow dwarf- Not much of an impression. Could be scum, my second most suspicious target for some reason (maybe bcos he voted for me?  :P)
Kilakan- Ah, here is my main suspect. Voted roo at the start, TBF could have been not lynched, and the period of kilakan's busyness coincided with the voting thing. (Sorry to pick out on this point, but I really want to win.   ::))
Roo- Dosent seem likely to be scum. Attracted needless attention arguing with TBF. Unless its an elaborate scheme, which is unlikely.
Tiruin- Maybe, but unlikely. Voted TBF at the start, and juicebox afterwards.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2016, 05:08:08 pm »

{Ok, since I am dead I cannot post as player anymore. However, I can post as an IC, which you should expect as the game moves forward. Scum got lynched in day one through mostly pure luck. While this is not optimal, it is still way better than how most games go. For one, it means that the scum can only do one action per night, instead of two. Analyze who interacted with me and TBF to see if you can find any clues.}
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2016, 07:22:15 pm »

@Vishdafish-If you go back you'll see that I unvoted roo, so your point of me trying to tie up the TBF lynch is groundless.  As for me being busy I did seriously consider asking for a replacement, and sort of got talked out of it.  Do you have any other feet to stand on at all?  (Also don't apologize for voting people that makes you seem really weak)
Nom nom nom

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2016, 09:08:40 pm »

Going to get a post in later on. Going to poke many people's posts because their attitude needs sprucing up :P

@vish: You need more details in your posts rather than the flip-floppy attitude you've been displaying lately. While I understand it's difficult for one to be able to get rooted in a game they're totally new in and depend more on what they only knew beforehand--you've a goal here: Your wincon. How do you further your wincon in this condition?

@Everyone: The instance of a single Mafia being lynched is a cause for personal, silent, celebration--in public, it shouldn't be the focus of discussion unless there are mechanics to the game tied to abilities and roles that present a discussion (ie Any non-vanilla game; 'vanilla' is the term for 'basic' as far as I understand it. It's something I picked up from others XD)

{Ok, since I am dead I cannot post as player anymore. However, I can post as an IC, which you should expect as the game moves forward. Scum got lynched in day one through mostly pure luck. While this is not optimal, it is still way better than how most games go. For one, it means that the scum can only do one action per night, instead of two. Analyze who interacted with me and TBF to see if you can find any clues.}
^When this dude says things from now on, y'all got to believe it direct as it is, and read it in the most constructive way you can. If he pokes your pride, accept it. If he pokes you to be humble, reflect on it. One doesn't learn if they avoid what others say just because it didn't seem right--when all that was needed was a bit more thought to it and applied to how you do your thing.

Roo- Dosent seem likely to be scum. Attracted needless attention arguing with TBF. Unless its an elaborate scheme, which is unlikely.
Player-me's opinion: TBF was dealing with meta knowledge onto Roo; he didn't have an actual argument with him.

PFP

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2016, 03:02:01 pm »

Kilojoule Proton, roo, snow dwarf and juicebox have been prodded.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2016, 07:19:05 pm »

origamiscienceguy has replaced kilakan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2016, 08:54:04 pm »

(Also don't apologize for voting people that makes you seem really weak)
{This, this so much. Doesn't matter who you are. Mind you, admitting you were wrong is fine. Apologize for nothing. Also, POST.}
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2016, 09:47:11 pm »

hmm. One scum offed already, 6 town left. That means we have 3 more chances left to get the last one.

I'm thinking about possible no lynching, after all, that would give us 4 chances for the cop/jailer to find the scum for sure, followed by a lynch if even that fails. Of course, if the scum get lucky and find our information role, we would switch back to lynching.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:03 pm »

juicebox: Carp, didn't see the response! My vote was back on you on account of inactivity (which I admit is a bit hypocritical at this point).

origamiscienceguy: I'm trying to work out the probabilities for random guessing, but isn't it the case that it only takes one good lynch to win since there's only one scum left?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 10:17:59 pm »

Yes, but one cop claim narrows it down to two people, and a successful jail would be a 50% chance of finding scum (just jail the same person)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 10:22:02 pm »

Bah.  Did I do that already?  Uhhh.  Bah.
Curse you, etc., etc., even though you strike me down you shall not survive, [evil villain blather intensifies].

*shrug*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 10:30:14 pm »

no lynching
{General thoughts about no lynching, since it's late and I am tired: usually it's not that good of an idea. The vote is the town's strongest weapon. The main situation where you want to consider it in BM games is MYLO (MislYnch or LOse), where the odds favour letting the scum get a kill and thin the number of suspects by one (Though that will lead to LYLO (LYnch or LOse), but it's still better). A tactic scum can perform to foil this is to not kill during MYLO. Doing so will force the town to have to lynch and allow you to see who is closer to the mark or not and pick them off as you feel is best. You can also fakeclaim a protection/jailing/roleblock/whatever if you are feeling bold at this point.}
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26