Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Scum Win!  (Read 43963 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - (7/7 players, 2/2 ICs) - Day 1
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2016, 02:40:48 pm »

TheBiggerFish, would you say there are cases where flavor can make or break a case for someone being scum?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2016, 02:44:03 pm »

@tbf no it isn't the whole point of the day phase is to catch scum. I'm just gonna ignore you since you're not productive in any meaningful way.
Or not it's cool.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2016, 02:46:47 pm »

roo: Why do you lash out at people so much?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2016, 03:44:22 pm »

lashing out? hmmmmmmm if you think that's what I'm doing then I don't have any faith in your ability to play this game. It means one you don't understand my posts and two aren't bothering to read them. am I abrasive sure. But lashing out? I guess if someone just does the awe shucks fake politeness when posting that automeans they're right? how about you get off your highhorse and read the thread. I hold people accountable for what they say and if what they say isn't meaningful I tell them so.  Point out one instance where I am wrong or that you perceive that I lash out at people. If you can do so I will tone down my posts. the onus is on you to prove that I lash out at people.
Or not it's cool.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2016, 05:59:56 pm »

Personally, I have no problem with abrasiveness, just that your reaction to questions is kinda excessive, which is slightly suspicious.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Day 1
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2016, 07:16:29 pm »

Day 1

It's getting dark outside now. The denizens of the inn need to make a choice, and they need to make it soon.

Votes

vishdafish -
Kilojoule Proton -
juicebox - Kilojoule Proton (1)
TheBiggerFish - Teneb, Tiruin, vishdafish (3)
snow dwarf -
kilakan -
roo - kilakan, TheBiggerFish (2)
Tiruin -
Teneb -

Extensions - 0/3

Shortens - 0/5

Day will end at 10am US Central, on Friday, in 14 hours, 45 minutes
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2016, 08:35:48 pm »

Ugh I'm so sorry guys but work's become hell.  In the last week i went from doing nothing all day to finishing my work 3 hours after I normally get off...
Out-replacement please... dear god I had to debate with myself about this all day but since it's 10:35pm, I haven't had dinner yet, and I need to get to work at 7am... yeah...
Nom nom nom

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2016, 09:05:13 pm »

Up to you, the day is ending soon, and unlikely to start again over the weekend - assuming no extensions, anyway - but if your work is unlikely to improve over the next few days, I can give your spot to OSG or Hazard.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2016, 11:49:51 pm »

Extend because I've a lot to say as an IC in the next 4 hours. Unvote until then.

kilakan: For formal dropping out--a player also withdraws their vote because the assumption of dropping out means that it goes through; if in the case of uncertainty of dropping out but 'it SEEMS THAT IT'LL HAPPEN', you can always put back your vote later on and continue your thing on the person.
But always keep communication up.

Also you can extend, because communication is vital to dayplay--scum or town, but especially for the latter. Don't be afraid to EXTEND.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2016, 03:02:05 am »

@KJP I think that it's preferable to lynch D1. I just tend to withhold my vote until I'm ready to lynch. And is there a particular reason your vote is back on me?

@roo you've just been defensive all around

Roo-I remember why it was bothering me, the last game we played together you were scum and I'm pretty sure you took the same tactic of accusing people of bandwagoning/saying people were buddying.  That said, it was a long time ago so your tactics probably changed but it does still scratch at my scum detector.

ehhh? how about instead of being pretty sure you tell me what game that was and show me the same tactic I used.

You realize I'm doing that right now.

Explain what playing mafia means to you?
To me it means contributing to what is being said or has been said. comment on players posts and interact in a meaningful way that incites discussion.

I don't know what the fuck you are doing. but "playing mafia" you are not. If anything I would equate what you are doing as just standing around like a lvl 1 piggy in the grass. instead of just popping in to make a quip. and your post adds nothing to the game. try this before you post. ask yourself: Is it necessary? you're welcome.

Kilojoule is putting far greater effort than you. why? because he says what is on his mind. Like he wasn't sure whether to say the sleep/rp thing because he doesn't want to be lynched. Understandable every player doesn't want to be lynched. his response wasn't very good to me it seemed like he wanted to remove focus so from him so he answered the questions in a short brief and curt manner. It makes me think what is he hiding. I unvoted to make kilo feel safe to get him to come out and speak more so I could get a better read.

What I'm doing, roo, is attempting to clarify your position on me, because you said something ambiguous.  And now that's somehow not playing the game?

@vishdafish:No.  It removes your own vote.  It's not a negative vote.

Why are you obsessed with me?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2016, 05:54:41 am »

well uh, unvote and extend.
I work over the weekend but if people are willing to extend then that would give me a chance to see if things improve.  I'll see if I can get my thoughts out this morning before the day ends.  Gotta finish breakfast and get to work first...
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2016, 07:49:54 am »

~snipped wall of text cause jesus H. Christ that was a lot of quotes~

You're right I should look at others posts more carefully, but my confusion was a legitimate one. and I was focused on the interaction between myself and kilojoule. initially you didn't even mention the rp thing because you couldn't possibly mention it. as the rp was a later occurrence in the game. You only asked about his question to tiruin. so do you think you're me now kilakan? you don't even remember what you asked kilakan how do you expect me to? your question did not seem serious at all. in fact it only looked like you were joshing around with kilojoule with the filthy murderer thing.
If you had read carefully, I had said 'sleeping' questions, I was also referring to the questions he had asked snowdwarf about sleeping with the fishes and earlier the books getting cleaned thing.  Also yes, I was mostly joking around because if I was being serious I would have voted him.  This is a beginners forum game right?  We're allowed to joke and not panic and flail wildly like you seem to be doing.
   Which brings me to the next part, I don't even understand you're whole 'so you think your're me' thing.  It seems absolutely fucking ridiculous that you'd even attempt to say something to that effect, though I suppose in a way this game is designed around getting into peoples heads.  As for me remembering what I've asked or not, I do expect you to go back and double check who you are making claims about.  It's not even remembering at that point it is literally just reading things and then immediately talking about them.

Roo-I remember why it was bothering me, the last game we played together you were scum and I'm pretty sure you took the same tactic of accusing people of bandwagoning/saying people were buddying.  That said, it was a long time ago so your tactics probably changed but it does still scratch at my scum detector.

ehhh? how about instead of being pretty sure you tell me what game that was and show me the same tactic I used.
Considering I nearly dropped out, I'm safe in saying I don't have time to go back through thousands of posts of mine to find a rather short beginners mafia game.  That said, this post seeing as how it's directly after the massive wall-o-quotes from you feels like a scummy afterthought.

So for summary, you have accused me so far of:
Buddying- you which I disproved since we had separate lines of questioning on the same target and mine had started first.
Attempting to be you somehow-Not only do I not see what you are trying to say this, but I feel like I need a shower after that insult.
Laziness I guess?-Cause I don't want to go through 5000ish posts to find a single game to explain a subconscious feeling I had about you.

Meanwhile you've been extremely defensive and somewhat flailing at this point.
@tbf no it isn't the whole point of the day phase is to catch scum. I'm just gonna ignore you since you're not productive in any meaningful way.
Man great attitude, hope it doesn't turn out TBF is scum while you are busy ignoring him.

lashing out? hmmmmmmm if you think that's what I'm doing then I don't have any faith in your ability to play this game. It means one you don't understand my posts and two aren't bothering to read them. am I abrasive sure. But lashing out? I guess if someone just does the awe shucks fake politeness when posting that automeans they're right? how about you get off your highhorse and read the thread. I hold people accountable for what they say and if what they say isn't meaningful I tell them so.  Point out one instance where I am wrong or that you perceive that I lash out at people. If you can do so I will tone down my posts. the onus is on you to prove that I lash out at people.
Feels like lashing out while flailing defensively about an accusation of lashing out.  Tasty pond scum.

Kilakan
Long time no see! :D
What is your opinion of seeing emoticons during a game in people's posts?
And what is your initial impression about following your wincon in a game where no knowledge is known beforehand?
Hihihi Tiruin, nice to be back.
I feel emoticons are somewhat similar to the use of slow motion in court cases.  They have a weird effect of skewing what people are saying and possibly cause it to be taken in a different meaning that what was possibly intended.  For example I can say 'Just die you scum!' but if it's followed up with a :P it's now got a different meaning.  Possibly it's closer to what I meant but for a game that was all just straight typing last time I played it feels quite different.
As for following the wincon without prior knowledge it just feels like the initial day is for people to get accustomed to what their role is.  It also gives people a bit more of a shock when they are scum, hopefully letting the town pick up on misconduct easier.  It's also better than mafia games I've played before that start with a night... since that also means a townie or two dies immediately.  (Usually me in those games, I seem to be a murder magnet! hah) But that does at least give investigation roles a bit of a chance to get in the know right away.

*posting this before I lose it at work, gonna scan the thread again cause I think there was other things addressed to me and so far I've only had chances to pick on Roo.  It's not fair, everyone else deserves the hammer as well!
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2016, 07:54:01 am »

Ah here's the other @kilakan I saw
Kilakan, As cop, how would you decide who to inspect?

Hum, this is a good question.  At the moment I'd almost be tempted to role-call if I was cop and declare I am going to inspect Roo due to the aforementioned reasons.  Though normally in a game like this I'd probably take the meta approach and inspect the IC's just so I can know who I can trust.  That and if one of them is scum (Sorry IC's you guys are great buuuuttt...) knocking out one of the most experienced players who are in fact scum gives the town a significantly better chance of winning imo.  By the same merit if they aren't scum, you can trust their line of reasoning on who they are voting a great deal more.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2016, 07:56:12 am »

Oh god triple post but I am paranoid that I'll get a huge stack of papers and not have time before the day ends:

I would greatly appreciate it if we could get an extend cause I want to go over the day 1 talks more thoroughly over the weekend, by my count there's two extend votes already.

Nom nom nom

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2016, 09:04:36 am »

Day ends in 55 minutes.

2/3 votes to extend. Proper count in a bit. Maybe...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26