Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Coolest discoveries yet!  (Read 11415 times)

omalley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coolest discoveries yet!
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2007, 09:31:00 am »

I was digging around and found some ice. Dug through it and it left some water. OK, I thought.

Went to build a building, noticed that "water" appeared as a building material. I figured that it really meant ice, as mining ice wouldn't necessarily melt it, I guess, were it still below freezing outside. Built a craftsdwarf's workshop out of ice, and when spring rolled around, it melted. I was amazed. (Don't know why... what else did I think was going to happen?)

Sheez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2007, 06:10:00 pm »

Dude. The elves just came to trade. Normally, I ignore them as the elves are prudish and suck. However, these elves? They brought TAME elephants and hippos! They've got two hippos, so I'm hoping it's a breeding pair. They also brought me sunshine in a barrel. WTF?
How much war could a warforged forge if a warforged could forge war?

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »

Elves also will sell you wood. Makes me wonder.
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »

Depending on what race you get(after modding in ability to use all races as playable races) you get diffrent plants, and DIFFRENT ALCHAHOL COSTS.
Note that you can't default to plump helmet, you must find the other races' equivalent.
Eh?
Eh!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2007, 10:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sheez:
<STRONG>Dude. The elves just came to trade. Normally, I ignore them as the elves are prudish and suck. However, these elves? They brought TAME elephants and hippos! They've got two hippos, so I'm hoping it's a breeding pair. They also brought me sunshine in a barrel. WTF?</STRONG>

Sunshine is like moonshine, only brighter. (It's alcohol.)

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2007, 11:09:00 pm »

On one map, I flooded a minotaur base with lava and water and entombed them alive!

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2007, 11:18:00 pm »

The various ocean life.
Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.

Bondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2007, 10:22:00 am »

A melancholic dwarf walked to the edge of the bottomless pit and threw himself in, falling two levels to a ledge below.

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2007, 11:31:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Rondol:
<STRONG>
Also aluminum is VALUABLE. A single normal aluminum goblet is worth 400 monies! I had an artifact aluminum crown worth around 92000 or so.</STRONG>

Pfft! My first artifact in the new version was an aluminum flute, worth 200'000 monies!   :eek:

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »

Indeed, aluminum is as valuable as platinum. I'm not complaining.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Elitay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2007, 07:32:00 pm »

This is because aluminum occurring naturally is VERY rare. The aluminum we use nowadays is manufactured from aluminum oxide.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2007, 08:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Elitay:
<STRONG>This is because aluminum occurring naturally is VERY rare. The aluminum we use nowadays is manufactured from aluminum oxide.</STRONG>

Aka. Bauxite. Which is in the game but is not used for aluminum since the smelting requires electricity.

Coolest discovery yet might be the HUGE number of new ores and minerals.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2007, 06:15:00 pm »

I was testing dwarves falling into water.. they can fall an extra level if they land in water.  This one carpenter decides to hang out in the pool, even though the other dwarves would swim away to the stairs out of the pool.  He was actually gaining a few levels of swimming, though he wasn't moving around which would have been cool.  But, while checking out other things, I got the message that he had been encased in ice!

I dug out the ice and all his possessions were there.  It would have been cool if there was different graphics for a dwarf encased in ice, but it was just the ice color.  Also, his corpse was under the pile of items, it would be neat if it was his "frozen corpse".  Anyways, it was neat  ;)

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »

coolest thing is the awesome mapgen.  :D
at least the bigger ones are.
I just wish one could start multiple holds at the same time, exploring for pretty locales
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

A worthy post to resurrect.  I love how big constructions basically require scaffolding.  And how big constructions come with the occasional construction mishaps that require tearing up scaffolding or walls you put in out of order.  And how mishaps lead to accidents.  And how accidents lead to wounded or dead dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12