Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Zanzetkuken CKII Playthroughs (Current: Undetermined)  (Read 6197 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Zanzetkuken CKII Playthroughs (Current: Undetermined)
« on: July 31, 2016, 10:49:25 pm »

So, I decided to modify this in order to just have a central thread to contain all the playthroughs in one central location, as I have started and dropped so many on a fairly rapid rate.  For those who use the fifty topics per page on the boards, I have four topics created on the first page alone.  Might as well condense it into one central location.  I won't drag in the old, but I will include them in a list below.

Current Playthrough
House Turov of Kiev
High Chieftess Dobrava Turov: 1

Prior Playthroughs

Playthrough I
The Kingdom of the Stepstones (Game of Thrones mod)
Playthrough II
House Kostagar of Tolos (Game of Thrones mod)
Playthrough III
Make Mexico Great Again (After the End mod)
Playthrough IV
Restoration of the Celts (Crusader Kings II Plus)
1 2 3 4
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:10:39 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration of the Celts (CKII+)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:49:43 pm »

In the Crusader Kings II + mod, there is only one location I know of that begins with the Celtic religion.  A singular island county to the North of Britain.  It starts is a tribal county with no galleys, and only one empty barony.  At the earliest start date, it is ruled by a sixty-nine year old man with no heirs.  Furthermore, default succession is Agnatic Tainist, so females cannot inherit.  Let's do this.

The Concise Reign of Chief Allcallorred

My name is Chief Allcallorred Caliu and I don't have much longer to live.  I have been alive for over sixty-nine years and I have no heir. I've found a wife and have taken a few concubines

My spymaster managed to send over a package of information to build up our technological base.

Unfortunately, it is the completely wrong stuff.  We need military tech so we can get ships to raid and expand!

Holy crap, I am lucky.  Now I need to live long enough.

And I survive the seven months!

Crap, he's sickly.  Survive kid!

Because it looks like I won't!

Will Rubert survive long enough to get through the regency?  Will the Celtic religion bounce back?  Find out next time in the Lengthy Reign of Chief Rubert.

The Infamous Adventures of Chief Rubert

Soon after my father dies, some king upon the continent was named Roman Emperor.  It seems to cause some fuss.  I didn't care at the time because I was a young kid.

My focus was generally on this knife and what I had overheard down there.

My mentor managed to convince me to not act in the same cruelties as them.

Soon after, my regent died.  Can't really remember the original to be honest.

We managed to secure some military supplies, though.

I had a strange dream as a result, though.  Some rebellion by restless sidhe.

I soon asked Canuall about the existance of Rhiannon.  I do not understand how I was so insecure in belief.  While this does cause some international diplomacy issues, we were doing good at the time...

but that's when our fortunes changed.

I apparently became charitable at this time.  Looking back now, I must have been a bit mad at the time.

Though this seemed to change our fortunes, so maybe the sidhe like my reaction.

Don't know why I got a second lecture on kindness, though.

Did learn to be diligent, though.

Had this wierd dream afterwards, however.  Kept me off of hunting for awhile.

Considering how exceptionally low my prestige was at the time, this helped out a bit.

While I did get a good education, I think I should have paid a bit more attention to Canual's lessons.

Due to the high level of belief I have in the Celtic faith, there weren't any opportunities outside the island.  Fortunately, I found this individual only a couple years younger than me.  Unfortunately, I'd lose roughly 100 prestige. Fortunately, she's very quick, which will help my heir.

Oh by the way, here's my statistics at the time.

This kid controls roughly three quarters of Iceland.  Considering it's the only location I can invade, I need to kill him to have gavelkind wreck the balance of power.

This random chick joins in on my plot for some reason I cannot fathom.  Meh, who cares.  She supports the plot.

And then fortunes changed.  Canual was captured and executed.  He had 21 intrigue, and his replacement only had a mere 14.  Oh, and he was my mentor.

I'm going to make an offering to change our fortunes.

Hope this works.

Fuck.

At least I got married.  The prestige of showing off wasn't worth it.  I've got roughly negative three hundred fifty.

I decide to hold a hunt to try and build up my prestige back into the positives.  Only costs one gold.

Considering the cost, it did provide a fairly effective boost.

And this only signaled good things.

I'll make an offering for good fortune.  It should go over better this time.

And it does!

I name him after my father.  He lived long, so my son should as well.

I mean, just look at how good these....wait.

Oh that's not good.

Looks like fortune changes again.

This is starting to get to me.

Maybe a more grand ceremony to appease the Sidhe is in order...

It puts me into the negative coins as well, but since I can't raid since I lack , I don't have any prisoners.

O_o ...I was not expecting that much of a boost.

I'll need to wait five years, but that does not matter.  That was a massive bonus.

I'll host another hunt.  It won't put me back into the positives, but it'll be something.

It goes well.

Hopefully I've appeased the Sidhe enough to have a healthy son this time.

Seems fortune is not in my favor.

Or is it?  Seems we have a sacrifice for the next divination.

Plus, I reach 500 piety when I'm only in my early 20's.

My wife has an arguement with some random courtier.  I decide in favor of her.

This was a quite peaceful event.

Hey, I really needed the money and prestige.

I wind up getting a reptutation as an aspiring trader for some reason.  Strange, since we have no boats.  And I haven't traded anything.

I settle a dispute between my wife and a stablemaster.  It's in her favor again.

This is how I am now.  Changed a bit.  Picked up a couple concubines as well.

Well, that's a fortunate event...

And I picked up another person for my plot...

And I'm in the positives for the first time in roughly a decade and a half...  Alright, what's going to happen to me?

Will Ruberts fortunes remain in the graces of the Sidhe?  Or will things change for the worse as he is expecting?  Find out in the next installment of the Lengthy Adventures of King Rubert
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:48:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 11:38:36 pm »

PTW for the inevitable voyage to Tír na nÓg.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 01:19:57 am »

PTW
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 10:37:21 am »

Posting to Celt.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 05:01:36 am »

It's lucky that the kid had destiny on his side, eh?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 05:37:31 am »

Yasssss another Zanzetkuken CK run.  This kid'skid'skid'skid'skid'skid'skid'skid'skidmaybekid's gonna rule the world.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 05:18:43 pm »

You know what, I'm being too suspicious.  Maybe our fortunes really are turning for the better.

There's even a surge of religious fervor.  I'll probably need to dismiss them eventually, as I have no way off the island, but it's the thought that counts.

We've even got enough money to improve the market town my father made.  It's not much, but it is something.

...I think I'll as my soldiers to get some of our own ships built.  Probably want to get some drills done too, as I heard they can conquer any coastal location.  Including our island.

I got a second daughter!  It's going to be a pain to establish marriage alliances with how people view me, but still!

FUCK.  Something good better be coming my way, Sidhe!

Oh.  Thank you.  He better not die, though.

Short update this time, as the ending cutoff is where I hacked in some shipyards for myself, and I don't want to do that now.  I made a save right beforehand, so I can run the game from there.  The Celts will conquer the world legitimately!  And if someone delcares conquest?  Well, we'll see what our small force of 380 can do.  Considering they will be defending against an amphibious assault upon a mountain, I can admit to a bit of curiosity in seeing just how effective they will be.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:03:33 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 06:42:22 pm »

Pt
One wheel short of a wagon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 12:18:14 am »

I am sorry to report this fact about the next post.  We've got another 2 year old in charge.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 02:22:12 am »

I guess the Sidhe really don't like being worshiped, eh?
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 11:03:13 am »

I've had four kids and a fifth is on the way.  I should be getting some prestige soon.

Mael...how did you marry her?  I'm not complaining, I'm just confused.

My son is no longer ill!  Happy day!

And then fortunes changed...

They've managed to land upon the island and establish a presence!  Fight them off!

Yes!

Yes!

I will have my general try to get troops, and I'll command this battle myself.

Let's do this.  Chiiiiiiief Ruuuuubert!

Yeah, run like a coward!

We won again!

...suspicious...

I'll hire someone to find out about it.

Ohfuc-

Might as well try and get another kid, just in case.

Oooh, it's him again.  Charge!

He ran away again!

This could be bad.

A fight!  To battle!

Just give me the chance.

No, no, no.

Nonononononono.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We captured Mael too!  And this was a rivalry war, it will end inconclusively now!

Ironically to note, right around the time of his death in this game, I got an event in the run where I cheated where a banshee showed up.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 11:25:29 am »

PTW.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 10:54:09 pm »

Ironically to note, right around the time of his death in this game, I got an event in the run where I cheated where a banshee showed up.

Oh God, they're aware of the separate timelines. Get out while you still can.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 10:58:39 pm »

Yeah, a bit cheesy, but I just got back to access to an actual computer.  Let's celebrate with another turn post, shall we?

The Rise of Chief Rubert II

Right, my father's just died on the battleground, we're still stuck on this island with no way to get off, the Nords are bearing on our location as we speak while we have no allies at all, and I am a mere two years old.

Let's fix that, shall we?

First, let's destroy this guy who
dares to claim he should have control over our island!

While it does cost us, we turn them back to the sea with ease.

The result of the first of two pregnancies my father had engineered came back soon after the battle ends.  I have another bloody sister.  I think that's five so far?

The second is a bit more fortunate, though.  We finally, finally have someone who can start a secondary branch of the line!  Praise the friggin sidhe!

Unfortunately, we have literally no one to lead our armies.  So I'm forced to take out the bane of my father, a loan from bankers.  And you know what?  There isn't a general worth a damn on this whole island outside the current master of arms.

Old guy mans the fort this battle.

And the new guy ran this one.  Be fair, I think this one we had to provoke them to land before kicking their teeth in.  Maybe not.  I can't remember.

Still, he did a bit of good capturing the enemy general.

Helps me build up the money so I can pay the bloody bankers back.

We, of course, kick their ass again when they think we're soft because of it.  Win the war too.  Not bad for a bunch of people stuck on a small island.

Course, one of my sisters chooses our moment of glory to die.  Course, word came back from the mainland around this time...

How.  Did.  THAT.  Happen.  Bravo viking.  I'll make the sacrifice of you quick.

Counciller, could you not have waited?  I need the money to pay back the bankers right now.  May a banshee target you for your impatience.

How can use this power?

I will never forget the guy who showed me I have power to command my enemies to die.

Damnit why? Is this punishment for my arrogance, sidhe, or are just messing with me?  You know this is my only
good general, right?

...You gave me enough.  Hehehehehe...

Hahahahahahaha...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

We're gonna kill so many vikings.

Speaking of...
Pages: [1] 2 3