Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: So my friend says there are no normal people playing df...  (Read 27566 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So my friend says there are no normal people playing df...
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2016, 09:41:51 pm »

And then there's the kind with the Ñ...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:43 pm »

And then there's the kind with the Ñ...
Like in Call of Duty?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:10:17 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2016, 09:57:47 am »

More Castle Wolfenstein...  undead Nazis and such.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2016, 11:46:42 pm »

!!FUN!!
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2016, 01:35:32 am »

More Castle Wolfenstein...  undead Nazis and such.
They were Nazis in the first CoD they appeared in. Not sure about any of the later ones.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:38:19 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2016, 03:27:20 am »

(Tempted to point out that it is probably various local regulations that caused most Nazis to be changed to zombies in internationally popular franchises, see also German edition of Return To Castle Wolfenstein that (IIRC) had to replace swastika iconography (and a patch was then composed to 'uncorrect' this), just like the less sensibility-annoying zombie/robot peds in Carmageddon could be returned to human targets collateral via the Splat Packs...

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2016, 02:07:02 am »

I think it should be here.
It's from MethTileset thread.
I registered just because I wanted to say thanks for making this graphics set.  It's awesome to play with my 7 year-old son and have big beautiful tiles.  He especially loves the butcher shop and wants to butcher everything.  Everything.

Also, since you asked for feedback, I noticed that beehives are missing.  They showed up as cut wood.

I also agree that the outside graphics are somewhat dark and would love to have them brightened up a bit.  If I turn my laptop's screen's brightness all the way up, it's slightly better, but would still love to have them brighter overall.

I didn't mind the old ramps, but I like the newer ones you posted very well.

The plants look great!

Thanks again for all your efforts!

IDontNeedAUsername

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2016, 04:27:43 pm »

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier.  I was busy with my normal life, normal family, normal job, and playing Dwarf Fortress.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2016, 04:08:06 am »

MEPH! Its not the Meth-Tileset. That one looks differently. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2016, 12:24:58 pm »

Sorry)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2016, 02:13:13 pm »

Well of course.  The Meth Tileset was cooked up in some cheap motel room, resulting in a dangerous product of questionable quality.  The Meph Tileset is an example of exceptional German engineering.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2016, 09:51:15 am »

I used to be a journalist, mostly covering an agricultural community, before I came to the conclusion that I absolutely hated the job. Since then, I've done various other jobs, none of them having anything to do with programming. In fact I don't think I'm capable of programming at this point.

I turned 52 years old yesterday, and am a mother of two nearly grown boys (18-20 year olds).

Do I consider myself normal? Perhaps on the surface. I know I'm not nerdybrilliant or anything, but I am tenacious. I heard about DF online and thought how I really, really wanted to play that. But it was so confusing for a while and it was only that stubbornness that kept me coming back to learn it, mostly through youtube videos.

I think that this is something many of us playing DF have in common, that tenacity. Has nothing to do with programming and everything to do with willingness to try because we saw the potential the game has.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2016, 04:21:31 pm »

I used to be a journalist, mostly covering an agricultural community, before I came to the conclusion that I absolutely hated the job. Since then, I've done various other jobs, none of them having anything to do with programming. In fact I don't think I'm capable of programming at this point.

I turned 52 years old yesterday, and am a mother of two nearly grown boys (18-20 year olds).

Do I consider myself normal? Perhaps on the surface. I know I'm not nerdybrilliant or anything, but I am tenacious. I heard about DF online and thought how I really, really wanted to play that. But it was so confusing for a while and it was only that stubbornness that kept me coming back to learn it, mostly through youtube videos.

I think that this is something many of us playing DF have in common, that tenacity. Has nothing to do with programming and everything to do with willingness to try because we saw the potential the game has.

Devstorm, thank you for sharing your story, and I do agree with the tenacity we tend to have.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2016, 12:17:50 pm »

I feel like sharing some personal info. 

Yes, I'm a programmer, currently developing in .net, C# and SQL.
I'm actually working with my best friend (best man in my wedding) in the same company now.
English is my second language. 
My family (father, mother, sister and I) immigrated here in the U. S. back in the 80s.
I graduated from a Southern California highschool; then immediately joined the U. S. Navy.
After my 4 years enlistment contract, I used the G. I. Bill to pay for my college which got me a B. S. Computer Science and Math.
Got a job, got married, have a kid, got a mortgage, have more kids, move to bigger mortgage.

Hobbies include PC gaming as well as building PCs. 
I'm sure I'm still socially functional as I attend various family's and friend's social events.

No, I don't code for a hobby although I've thought of coding my own Dungeon Master AI at one point, but it's more fun playing games.

I started playing DF around v0.34 and play sunk more hours playing DF than XCOM/XCOM2 combined.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2016, 12:54:56 pm »

I'd like this thread, really.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11