Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Do You Prefer For Adventure?

Peaceful
Chaotic

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Peaceful or Chaotic World?  (Read 2772 times)

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Peaceful or Chaotic World?
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:36:49 pm »

I prefer chaotic

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Peaceful or Chaotic World?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:50:53 pm »

Chaotic. You'd have to be an Elf to say otherwise.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 05:33:37 pm »

Pe...chaotic >_>

vekar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 05:37:19 pm »

So chaotic the clowns are scared then make it "Terrifying." Ah, those are some fun, short lived fortresses and adventures.

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 05:51:45 pm »

Chaotic. You'd have to be an Elf to say otherwise.

If peaceful you can start the chaos though

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 07:56:33 pm »

I find it difficult to answer this... I always spend ages in world gen or perfectworld trying to maximize as much of both nice, rich, and peaceful areas and really chaotic evil areas in a nice sort of blend. So both really.

Always want a world where there is more chaos and stuff happening than the opposite though.

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 09:48:26 pm »

I got to advanced-generate a (pocket) world where humans and elves were at constant war against each other because the humans didn't like the elves eating sapient beings.

Every time one ends, another would start soon after, give or take a year, as seen in legends viewer. The list was worth three screen heights, spanning 2000 years!

First word that came to my mind: 'Strangereal', the world of the Ace Combat series where they've had more than 3 or 4 world wars as I understand it.

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 10:24:24 pm »

I generated a world where only 96 elves were left (used to be a few hundred) they all died due to wars :P

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 10:55:04 pm »

The mythical 'lost peoples'!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 11:50:24 pm »

I generated a world where only 96 elves were left (used to be a few hundred) they all died due to wars :P
I kind of like elves in adventure mode. They're the only place you can get those fabled stacks of 100+ fruit that weigh two units.

I got to advanced-generate a (pocket) world where humans and elves were at constant war against each other because the humans didn't like the elves eating sapient beings.

Every time one ends, another would start soon after, give or take a year, as seen in legends viewer. The list was worth three screen heights, spanning 2000 years!
Okay, here's what you do. Open up creature_standard and under humans, stick:

[PERSONALITY:CONFIDENCE:100:100:100]
   [PERSONALITY:AMBITION:100:100:100]
   [PERSONALITY:ANGER_PROPENSITY:100:100:100]
   [PERSONALITY:EXCITEMENT_SEEKING:100:100:100]
   [PERSONALITY:THOUGHTLESSNESS:100:100:100]

Maybe throw in some faster skill learn rates for organization, leadership, military tactics, and maybe weapon skills. Now open up entity_default and make humans like all sites. Then jack down their peace value to -50 and jack up their martial prowess value to 50. Now enjoy your humans who'll fight elves, goblins, dwarves, each other, and themselves!

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 02:01:10 am »

In my current world, a human civ that only founded 5 or 6 hamlets and no towns, yet still somehow survived 850 years, seem to have pulled off an Elf genocide with their population of about a hundred in total, they killed over 1200 in the single biggest war to 22 lost and drove the biggest elven civ out of their core lands. Another Elven civ moved in to parts of the lands, but their population seems to consist of a small elven nobility ruling over thousands of Fly-men, while the rest of the old elven heartlands are populated with small groups of men and beast-men, also a kobold-ruled dark fortress. Elves seem to have formed a cool little diaspora in and around another larger human civ.

That tiny human warrior civ is badass. Currently trying to make them more powerful with adventurers.

You don't get as many cool stories without a bit of chaos.

(also, is "peaceful vs chaotic" in this context meant as savagery levels in the standard world gens? I always use advanced parameters or perfectworld, so may have missed that meaning.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:05:15 am by LordKnows »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 09:28:40 am »

Armok desires chaos!

Quote from: ToadyOne
"Armok, the God of Blood, is just about the only constant in these chaotic random universes. A general sense of conflict keeps Armok appeased - when the universe becomes too boring it is set on the anvil of creation to be reforged."

"The destruction of the world by Armok will arise inevitably in most game worlds. As civilizations spread and the frontier closes, the world will start to look homogeneous. Armok, looking upon this decadence in disgust, will reform the world. Basically, when the universe has become too boring, it will be changed."

"But who or what is Armok? ARMOK is the God of Blood…The Supreme God, he gives name to the game, his powers are literally endless…He creates and destroys whole Universes just for pleasure and fun. He enjoys watching death, destruction and, of course, blood run on his Universe…In an Universe, he can have billions of worshippers, while in another his existence might be unknown...but HE EXISTS. This cannot be denied, and allows to play almost any type universe…from a standard fantasy-type world to a “primitive”, stone age world…and, why not a “future world” with star travel? In fact, when Armok creates an Universe, he likes putting more than one planet in it!

Remember…Armok can control and destroy all other creatures, including the other, ”lesser” gods, but he usually enjoys watching civilizations grew, because he hopes that one day these civilizations will fight each other, and thus generate conflict and slaughter!"

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 02:51:38 pm »

(also, is "peaceful vs chaotic" in this context meant as savagery levels in the standard world gens? I always use advanced parameters or perfectworld, so may have missed that meaning.)

I just meant chaos as wars and death and such

That tiny human civ is epic :D

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 03:03:30 pm »

I've got a world where a nation of 7000 elves reduced a human nation from 25000 citizens to 12000. In four years. Taking only 1500 casualties.

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 04:10:27 pm »

Okay, here's what you do. Open up creature_standard and under humans, stick:

[PERSONALITY:CONFIDENCE:100:100:100]
   [PERSONALITY:AMBITION:100:100:100]
   [PERSONALITY:ANGER_PROPENSITY:100:100:100]
   [PERSONALITY:EXCITEMENT_SEEKING:100:100:100]
   [PERSONALITY:THOUGHTLESSNESS:100:100:100]

Maybe throw in some faster skill learn rates for organization, leadership, military tactics, and maybe weapon skills. Now open up entity_default and make humans like all sites. Then jack down their peace value to -50 and jack up their martial prowess value to 50. Now enjoy your humans who'll fight elves, goblins, dwarves, each other, and themselves!

Definitely going to try this, thanks for posting :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:13:45 pm by DMT »
Pages: [1] 2