Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Vinland  (Read 32597 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Vinland
« Reply #435 on: September 18, 2016, 05:15:56 pm »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 20, 2016, 01:31:21 pm »

The Man looks at you with an amused grin; all that you can see of his face.

"Little man i think you are out of your element here. What makes you think i can get you to them? As for your other question Byleist has two brothers, one is Loki the other is Helblindi..."

As he answers your question and poses his own, you start to feel very odd,[58-15] you can't quite pinpoint why.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 20, 2016, 02:32:54 pm »

"Heh, Loki or Helblindi, eh?... So whichever you are, you also have good reasons to be angry at that lot. Probably Helblindi, or the story we're told isn't entirely true and you're in fact Loki, unbound and unpoisoned, and still the Ragnarök didn't happen - yet.
If right now you're too weak to help me go where I will, that doesn't mean that you'll be so forever; however, I intend to demand justice from the Raven and the Sow in Asgard before you get there, even if I have to climb the Yggdrasil with my bare hands and kick Heimdall off the Byfrost.
I died in honourable combat, and neither Valfreyja or the Valkyries were there to retrieve me, so I ended up here in Hel, broken and thirsty. You may laugh and call it an empty boast, but this is my righteous reckoning!"
Hold the axe in front of us and kiss the blade to seal the vow.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:51:00 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 20, 2016, 02:52:13 pm »

He stares at you silently, below his hood propably an eyebrow raised.

When he speaks his voice has become darker, more grave, it is not the voice of a jester no more.

"Foolish mortal. Foolish man.I ask thee once, You truly intend to take this vow in front of me? Thus i ask thee twice, do ye bring reckoning to the gods and vow to arrive on the bridge of Bifröst before myself and throw Heimdall himself off of it? Thus i ask thee thrice will thee climb the Yggdrassil and demand justice from raven and sow?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 20, 2016, 03:03:45 pm »

"For once: I just did; for twice: I shall get justice or reckoning from the Raven and the Sow, and woe the Gatekeeper if he would stop me; for trice: If I have to climb the Yggdrasil to get justice or reckoning from the Raven and the Sow, so I shall. WHAT IS YOUR NAME, you GOD who witnessed my vow?"
Bow deeply if he introduces himself properly.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:38:58 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 20, 2016, 03:34:51 pm »

"Thrice i asked, thrice you answered. Done, Done and Done. The vow has been witnessed. Mortal man should you not arrive in Asgard before me, throw Heimdall off his bridge and demand justice from raven and sow you shall spend an eternity in Nifelhel, in the realm of Kinslayers and Oathbreakers, tortured until Ragnarok.

I am Kin to Byleist, Helblindi is my name and foolish you are mortal."

Without another word he turns around and throws off his mantle revealing a cloak of feathers. With a whistle an eight-legged horse comes riding with impropable speed out of the distance and stops in front of him.

"There, there to Asgard Sleipnir, Sow and Raven await!" The Horse begins riding off at a speed beyond mortal ken before he suddenly starts lifting off the ground, before virtually flying away on the damned horse.

[63-15] you could swear you have heard of that Cloak somewhere at some point.

Trait gained: Oathbound to the Gods
Trait gained: Insulted the Gods
Trait gained: Challenged the Gods

((cackles madly))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:43:04 pm by Ghazkull »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 20, 2016, 03:43:51 pm »

((Did that guy steal Odin's horse and Freyja's cloak?))

"Trust in the gods is truly overrated..." Sigh and go look for the Yggdrasil.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:47:44 pm by Maegil »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 20, 2016, 03:53:52 pm »

((Did that guy steal Odin's horse and Freyja's cloak?))

"Trust in the gods is truly overrated..." Sigh and go look for the Yggdrasil.

+1

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 20, 2016, 03:55:10 pm »

If a guy rides on Odin's horse, has power over deals and knows pretty much everything, and his name is something that translates to "all-blind" who do you think he REALLY was?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 20, 2016, 03:59:02 pm »

Well then go!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 20, 2016, 04:11:59 pm »

If a guy rides on Odin's horse, has power over deals and knows pretty much everything, and his name is something that translates to "all-blind" who do you think he REALLY was?
Helblindi, the mysterious Byleist's brother?... Surely not freaking Odin; Odin isn't one of Byleist's brothers! ???

Anyway, if he was indeed Odin, he tainted the oath by lying about his identity: if the real Helblindi brother of Byleist is asked about it, he'd have to deny having witnessed the oath, effectively nullifying it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:16:53 pm by Maegil »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 20, 2016, 04:20:00 pm »

((Odin would be more straightforward.))

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 20, 2016, 04:33:54 pm »

Well, we've made our promise, so off we go. Hopefully Hiemdall doesn't have too great an objection to our throwing him off Ćsir's bridge.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 20, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »

Nice little tidbit to confuse matters further: Odin has many names, like Grimnir, Harbard, Valtyr and...Helblindi.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 20, 2016, 04:55:15 pm »

I knew about the names, and the wiki has a page on them (BTW, Freyja also has a smaller one). However, Helblindi is both the name of Loki's brother (whose father was possibly Fárbauti) and a completely unrelated name for Odin, brother of Vili and Vé and son of Borr; they're different gods.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 05:08:47 pm by Maegil »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36