Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Vinland  (Read 32658 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Vinland
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2016, 06:00:36 am »

Let's see if we can't forego paying either the tribe or demanding payment and suggesting that they ally with us in taking the enemy of theirs down. We will forget the attack if they let us fully raid the enemy and take them as thralls and in return they forget the deaths if we help them eradicate their enemies.

Fair?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 23, 2016, 06:04:30 am »

+1 to mutual back scratching diplomacy.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 23, 2016, 06:09:03 am »

Let's see if we can't forego paying either the tribe or demanding payment and suggesting that they ally with us in taking the enemy of theirs down. We will forget the attack if they let us fully raid the enemy and take them as thralls and in return they forget the deaths if we help them eradicate their enemies.

Fair?

+1 This. Sate our bloodlust!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 23, 2016, 06:19:49 am »

Also we should see about doing a translator trade, unless that's a Research project.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2016, 09:53:01 am »

Fair?

+1

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2016, 09:53:50 am »

Also we should see about doing a translator trade, unless that's a Research project.

Yes. Actually this should be tantamount. We can't very well strategize if we don't understand the language.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2016, 10:01:59 am »

Brave Brave Sir Robin...

[19-20 Abysmal +10 Promise of Retribution]

"You've got to be kidding me Jomar, these bastards attacked us, not some other Skraelings hiding Gods knows where. We can raid them just as well as these supposed original attackers."

That was the most moderate response you got out of your own people...and that came from your wife. Growls of assent come from the arrayed men and especially Corv seems opposed to the idea to just ally with the skraelings. Your men want blood and they want it now.

And then happens what you have feared might happen...one of your men challenges you.

"Are you a Coward Thoraldsson? You have avoided all fights so far! Are you so afraid of these Skraelings?"

Three Choices remain to you:

1. Call the Man (whoever he might be) out to a Holmgang, a duel to death or surrender.
2. Act upon his words and prove him wrong. Here and now.
3. Do not act upon his words, stay your course, alliance with the Skraelings here to raid the others is more important than your reputation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 23, 2016, 10:19:30 am »

Well this wasn't unexpected. And we've planned on sorting that anyway.

"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:50 am »

1 Worst case scenario we're up against Corv, but barring him we shouldn't have much of an issue facing down whoever was foolish enough to call us a coward.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 23, 2016, 10:30:20 am »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 23, 2016, 10:34:12 am »

1 Death to dissenters.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 23, 2016, 11:11:21 am »

Behind Door Number One...can i reconsider?

[???]

"Who called me a coward?"

The mass of your men parts or rather is shoved aside as Hrolf Half-Troll marches to the fore.

"I did."

The massive geat is your best navigator and if you believe the stories of Corv, is one of the dreaded berserkers...at least its not Corv?

Last chance to reconsider.

((Kekekek roll of 20. Anything lower and you would have faced Corv))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 23, 2016, 11:15:35 am »

1 Death to dissenters.

1 Blood to pay the taxes.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 23, 2016, 11:17:25 am »

Well we can't exactly back down now that we called them out. When ((if)) we kick his ass, at least people will be forced to acknowledge our badassness.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 23, 2016, 11:18:54 am »

It will be a shame to loose him though.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36