Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Vinland  (Read 32650 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vinland
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2016, 09:53:05 pm »

Better a coward than dead though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2016, 09:58:42 pm »

Tbh, I think we should have attacked in the first place, but now it has progressed this far, I think we should return to the base. They are too well-prepared for an assault, and if we regroup and reorganise at the base, we can perform a pincer attack. One force goes from land and the other goes by sea.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2016, 10:01:15 pm »

We already retreated, I meant go back later with a raiding force.  Not right now.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2016, 10:02:41 pm »

My bad, misunderstood you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2016, 11:28:31 pm »

Better a coward than dead though.
We ain't gonna die, though. We're a warrior. Moreover, we ain't cowards. Obviously we'll participate in the next raid; did somebody think we were gonna give up our share of the loot?

Yeah. Right. That's gonna happen.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2016, 12:17:40 am »

I think we ought to wait for the wound to heal before going on a raid though. Less chance of it being a hindrance that way.

Mind you, we should be kicking a few asses about the entire thing. Anyone who wants to charge from waist-deep water against archers with no archers of our own is gonna get lambasted for stupidity.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2016, 12:44:30 am »

+1 to proving our viking masculinity in the next raid.

If we start lambasting our warriors for wanting to fight, we'll probably get a "Tyrant" modifier, and everyone will hate us.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2016, 12:48:11 am »

Less wanting to fight, and more for trying to pick a fight they'd lose and thus dying without really getting to the enemy. We aren't going to let our warriors throw their lives away pointlessly when we know there's a better way.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2016, 12:48:55 am »

I think we ought to wait for the wound to heal before going on a raid though. Less chance of it being a hindrance that way.

Mind you, we should be kicking a few asses about the entire thing. Anyone who wants to charge from waist-deep water against archers with no archers of our own is gonna get lambasted for stupidity.
We've barely even noticed the wound by this point.

We have archers of our own, by the way. How do you think we killed some of them? We told the archers to kill them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2016, 12:55:43 am »

We need more than just two archers though. And while we have basically been able to ignore the wound, there is a risk of infection that we'd need to take into account. That's why we'd need to be cautious.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2016, 01:03:44 am »

We do have more!

We have three!

And they each took one out. We have shields, and we can also beach the ship. Once the battles done, you push it back out.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2016, 01:04:32 am »

Three. We had three archers.

As our shield wall proved especially effective, the Spitting Porcupine would have worked out quite well to my knowledge. It makes their numbers advantage less effective, allows us to save our strength while they waste their energy, slowly tears them apart until they have nothing left. And then we get out of the ship and kill them all.

Our best opportunity to recover socially from this is to get our wound covered, organize the men, get on our ships, briefly scout them, and raid. Then raid. And raid until there is nothing left to raid, as Rolepgeek suggested. The longer we wait, the worse off we'll be socially and the stronger our target will become.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2016, 01:12:37 am »

I say we give it a day, get some rest, head out tomorrow night. Bring more archers, if we have any. More men in general. We know our goal, this time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2016, 01:20:57 am »

Works for me. We'll want to make sure that the watch is prepped in case of them attempting to raid us.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2016, 01:22:42 am »

I say we give it a day, get some rest, head out tomorrow night. Bring more archers, if we have any. More men in general. We know our goal, this time.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36