Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36

Author Topic: Vinland  (Read 32579 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vinland
« Reply #495 on: October 09, 2016, 01:26:44 pm »

((Of course we could get Odin to throw us back to midgard as well, and we may get some extra bonuses out of it.

So you know what, lets go duel Odin or something :P ))

Why the hell not. :P +1
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 16, 2016, 12:37:59 pm »

After spending a refreshing night at the well, you are sent off by Mimir's Son whose name you still have not gotten. He gives you food and drink for the ardouus journey and you are left with a few choices:

a) follow the way back you came, through the Iron Forest and down the Helvegen following the Gjöll down to Hel itself.
b) follow the way to Jotunheim the home of Giants and from there find a different way to Hel or to Valhall
c) none of the above [insert suggestion]

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 16, 2016, 12:51:50 pm »

A

We already have a path, trying to find a different way to a different place is just begging to be lost.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 16, 2016, 12:53:15 pm »

A

We already have a path, trying to find a different way to a different place is just begging to be lost.

Makes sense, +1.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 17, 2016, 11:19:35 am »

The Iron Forest swallows you soon enough. And once more you walk for days. THis time however you sleep well and food and drink make things better.

However in the darkness you can feel them. They are watching you. Fenris Brood. You pretend to sleep restlessly but in truth you are counting them...at least twenty of them surround you, each bigger than a horse.

A. Engage them
B. Hell no, run!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 17, 2016, 11:32:47 am »

No man can run from wolves; either we climb a tree of we must fight.

A, but only if there isn't a climbable tree. Don't not allow our back to be unprotected, remain close to some sort of obstacle.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 17, 2016, 11:36:45 am »

A, but only if there isn't a climbable tree. Don't not allow our back to be unprotected, remain close to some sort of obstacle.

+1 Valhalla here we come.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 18, 2016, 06:10:10 am »

Wolves are pack animals. Maybe if we kill the alpha, we can force the rest to flee?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 06, 2016, 09:55:53 am »

You rise very slowly, axe at your side you stare at them and they stare back.

Howls fill the night and you meet their charge with a wordless war cry. [89+13]

Your axe bites into the snout of the first one ripping through it and embedding itself into its face, even as another grabs onto your right shoulder and a third tries to tackle you to the ground.

[39+13] You rip your axe from the head of the first wolf and burry it in the belly of the one who is even now ripping out a chunk of flesh from your shoulder, even as you quickly rip your axe from the bowels of the beast a fourth and fifth are upon you...

It isn't a fair fight, despite all your skill and all your will to fight, this is a losing proposition. [99+13] An inhuman cry escapes you as you behead the one eviscerating your stomach, with another sweep you cut off your own hanging entrails to allow you freer movement.

You prevent the other one from getting another bite in by a quick sweep with your axe which ends in the skull of hte one who is savaging your knee.

Bleeding you stand, you feel weak and woozy already, around you four dead wolves and theres yet more hiding in the trees around you. [3+13] Then finally the alpha steps forth a beast easily a head taller than you...blood stains your grinning teeth even as you spit at it.

"Come on then, i will take you with me."

The beast leaps at you and rips you from your weak stance to the ground. With an unnatural clarity and detachement you idly note that your face is being eaten. [77+13] Almost reflexively you ram your axe into the neck of the massive beast again and again...

[75+13] Until it suddenly stops. A crushing weight falls on your body, pressing the last breath from your lungs. Your last thoughts are centered around the odd laughter of a man with a horned helmet and how much better it would have been without the mockery in it.

You are Dead

Sorry i thought i should at least have ended the story properly.
Anyhow, this got me back into the mood for it again.

What is your name?
Who are you?
A) Captain of the Varangian Guard
B) High Chief of the Jomsvikings
C) A Huskarl of Erik Haakonsson the Earl of Lade
D) An unknown drowning Viking rescued by a Wendish Ship in September of the Year 1000
E) A Young Swede by the name of Yngvar Eymundrsson

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 06, 2016, 10:09:25 am »

D, Bjorn Karlsson
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 06, 2016, 10:32:18 am »

Also D, name as above.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 06, 2016, 11:43:40 am »

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 06, 2016, 02:46:13 pm »

Agreed. 1+ to Bjorn.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 06, 2016, 03:39:54 pm »

Light engulfs you, you have walked towards it after all and you hear the voice of god...at least you think it is.

JERUSALEM

with a start you are brought back into the mortal world.

"QUICK, get blankets, i think hes back among us!" The heavy Wendish accent...you are staring into a pock-scarred face of a man unknown to you.

"Is, is it him?"

"I don't know Wulfrid, just get the damn blankets before he dies and we never know."

the pock scarred man turns back to you.

"My Lord are you awake? Do you remember what happened?"

A. You remember clearly now...
B. You barely remember, you only know that you fought against heathens and jumped into the sea to escape their wretched clutches...
C. You remember nothing...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 06, 2016, 03:42:27 pm »

C
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36