Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Vinland  (Read 32599 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vinland
« Reply #420 on: September 10, 2016, 01:58:41 pm »

Called a coward, not actually being one (Foolish, perhaps). Valhalla would've normally awaited us regardless.

Mind you, if we get to meet the gods, and they turn out to be assholes we'll just go worship baldr/christ by himself :P
Dunno, we lost, gods might not see it that way...

People who died fighting could be considered to have 'lost' as well, but they go to Valhalla. So why don't we?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 10, 2016, 02:18:11 pm »

Called a coward, not actually being one (Foolish, perhaps). Valhalla would've normally awaited us regardless.

Mind you, if we get to meet the gods, and they turn out to be assholes we'll just go worship baldr/christ by himself :P

People who died fighting could be considered to have 'lost' as well, but they go to Valhalla. So why don't we?
As I said, we were wronged and should go demand satisfaction from the gods. We have a grievance to be redressed, and the nearest Goddess is Hel.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 10, 2016, 02:22:57 pm »

Wait, are we planning to go God of War on the Viking gods? That'd be so cool.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 10, 2016, 02:23:57 pm »

Eh, we have too little power right now. I would rather keep our fate in our own hands, compared to trusting the gods. If the queen of Hel is in a bad mood, who knows what she will do to us?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 10, 2016, 02:46:15 pm »

Wait, are we planning to go God of War on the Viking gods? That'd be so cool.
If it comes to that, why not?

But first of all, We're an Icelander, which means that while he neither have or accept lords or kings, there must be the respect for the law.
First we present the grievance, and, if there's no satisfaction, only then do we present an axe to the head of the offender... You know, the stuff of sagas?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:48:29 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 10, 2016, 04:15:06 pm »

A to provide a solid lead to confirm the next update.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 10, 2016, 09:57:47 pm »

You guys aren't getting what I'm saying.

We dueled to try to show we weren't a coward, that the gods were on our side, what-have you.
We lost that duel. Duels are often as anything else to determine who's right in a dispute, in this case the dispute being our honor. Which means we were wrong, and therefore cowardly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 10, 2016, 10:13:39 pm »

You guys aren't getting what I'm saying.

We dueled to try to show we weren't a coward, that the gods were on our side, what-have you.
We lost that duel. Duels are often as anything else to determine who's right in a dispute, in this case the dispute being our honor. Which means we were wrong, and therefore cowardly.
That was a challenge for a duel, not a trial by combat. In a duel, it's between the two parties; a trial by combat, on the other hand, is a demonstration of the accused's favour (or disfavour) by the gods.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 14, 2016, 10:47:23 am »

You can't quite remember where Gjöll was supposed to go but to be quite honest anywhere is better than Hel.

Every breath hurts like a thousand knives cutting through the chest

You can attest to that, although you don't quite remember where you heard that line...your chest hurts with every breath, the wind is cutting, the ground is uneven and hard to tread and you can't shed the feeling of being watched...

[30+13= 43] But you can't make anything out. The landscape is far too barren for anyone to hide in it. It is a vast hilly plain, preventing one to see too far but still difficult to hide in...at least you suspect so.

After hours of painful walking you simply drop to the ground, still next to the river, you feel horrible, everything hurts, you are still tired and still thirsty. When you finally fall asleep you awake immediately because you hear a horrible scream in the distance...after making sure that its nothing that can hurt you, you slowly doze off only to awake to a different sound.

At some point sheer exhaustion causes you to ignore these sounds...until a boot hits you in the side.

You jump up in a mix of anger and surprise only to see a single pretty normal looking man next to you.

[70-15] he looks strangely familiar...this man is certainly no normal man although you can't quite put your finger on it.

"Well, well, well, well...and...uh well! Yes that was it. Who sleepeth here on hallowed ground in the depths of Hel?"

What an odd way to speak...is he a Skald? His costume definetly looks the part. It is feathered and the large broad hat he is wearing is hiding much of his face except for a mischievous grin and a long grey beard.

[What now?]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:57:15 pm by Ghazkull »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2016, 11:15:26 am »

((Ohhh... Can it be Hel's dad, Loki? This is going to get messy, and we'll probably end up as the bucket he'll use to spill said mess about.))

Answer him:
"Now, stranger, good manners are that one should introduce themselves before asking the identity of others, is it not?
Anyway, I'm an Icelandic Einherjar, the gothi of a new settlement in Vinland, who suspects that the Gods grievously wronged him; my name is Jomar Thoraldsson."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 14, 2016, 11:30:16 am »

((Ohhh... Can it be Hel's dad, Loki? This is going to get messy, and we'll probably end up as the bucket he'll use to spill said mess about.))

Answer him:
"Now, stranger, good manners are that one should introduce themselves before asking the identity of others, is it not?
Anyway, I'm an Icelandic Einherjar, the gothi of a new settlement in Vinland, who suspects that the Gods grievously wronged him; my name is Jomar Thoraldsson."

+1

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 14, 2016, 04:57:19 pm »

Answer him:

+1

+1

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 18, 2016, 02:58:39 pm »

The stranger chuckles then bows deeply before you.

"I am known as Byleists Brother. And you my good man are not an Einherjar for you are not in Valhall, nor are you someone who belongs here. That begs the question what we are to do with you."

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 18, 2016, 03:33:31 pm »

"Byleist's Brother, I see... so Midgard courtesies do not apply in Hel, then?
I'll grant you that I'm not an Einherjar for I'm not in Valhall, and by all rights I do not belong here; and thus, you have the reason for my grievance against the Gods.
What to do with me? If I could choose, I'd like to be told whom Byleist would claim as his own brothers, and his father's name..." at this point, bow at him; "I'd also ask to be allowed to face Odin and Freyja, and before them demand satisfaction." Face Loki Byleist's Brother, not with hostility but with a haughty righteousness.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 03:55:46 pm by Maegil »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 18, 2016, 03:37:21 pm »

Hiah Loki!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36