Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Vinland  (Read 32655 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Vinland
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2016, 02:34:05 pm »

I'm with vishdafish.  Plan for lethal strikes.  If an opportunity arises to strike a nonlethal blow, or to throw him out of the holmgang, then we can take it, but this man is at least our equal in martial skill, we can't pull any punches.

I agree with this, but we don't even need lethal strikes. Debilitating ones will work. Cut the fuckers hand off.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2016, 02:46:47 pm »

Well, we'll try to avoid the whole hand, we still need his abilities as a navigator.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2016, 03:15:09 pm »

Having decided to kill Hrolf, you bang your axe twice against your shield indicating your readiness. Hrolf answers and the two of you begin circling each other. The sun is slowly sinking and is exactly between you as the duel begins.

[Initial Clash: 85+13 vs. 39+20] Using your superior speed you tackle into the large man taking him off balance before giving him several quick cuts with your axe.

Hrolf barely regains his balance and brings his defense back up giving you a single cut to the cheek. Evena s he starts bleeding, his eyes began to round and widen, suddenly the man begins to Howl...the draught has set in.

[Berserker Charge: 27+13 vs. 99+20+20 Berserkers Draught] The howling madman cleaves your shield apart with a single strike, your entire body shuddering with the impact as you tumble to the ground and barely evade two more strikes. In a panic you retreat to your corner of the ring quickly grabbing another shield to bring it back up in time even as he bashes it into pieces howling and screaming, hot spittle hitting your face. Another strike breaks your arm.

[86+13 vs. 62+20+20] You roll out of the way your useless arm hanging at your side as you come back to your feet. The howling man charges and you dodge several of his blows causing a few more cuts but nothing as substantial as the injuries he causes you. Your axe is abrely enough to defelct his heavy blows, every strike you do not dodge revebrating through your body as your axe barely keeps them from splitting you apart.

[27+13 vs. 14+20+20] Another strike rips the axe from your hand even as you manage to fish up your last shield from the ground. With an exhausted motion you ram it into the mans face causing him to cough up blood even as his axe takes you in the side.

Hot blood runs down your side, your body becomes numb, dazedly you watch as Hrolf raises his axe and shield in unison...

[Execution?: 85+13 vs. 3+20+10 Weakening Draught] and you catch the strike on your shield ripping the axe from his hand. With an exhausted motion you throw the shield aside and shakily rise to your feet.

Breathing is hard. Your body hurts. On the edge of you awareness you hear screams or shouts...or are they cheers? You don't care.

Rain starts pattering down in thick drops, the earth being churned up by your circling steps.

[23+13 vs. 47+20+10] Then all awareness is blocked out as Hrolf's shield takes you straight in the head, the massive geat wielding it two handed like a bat. You weakly stare at the man towering above you as he raises the shield with both hands readying it for the final blow.

[13+13 vs. 38+20 = Fate Point Burnt] As the shield comes down everything goes blindingly white. The excruciating pain is beating you into senselessness even as you somehow see the shield rising from your jaw, covered in blood and teeth and hrolf brings it down for another strike.

[93+13 vs. 34+20-10 Hangover]

The Pain. You bind it into a blinding point at the corner of your consciousness you forge it into anger as you see the shield descending for your eyes and with a last effort you ram your knee into Hrolfs groin. The roar of the mighty geat is cut off in a high-pitched shriek as he topples to the side.

Everything hurts...you have cuts all over your body, some of your entrails are hanging haphazardly out of your left side. Your right arm is broken and your jaw is a mess...somehow you come up to your knees and take the shield away from the Geat.

[55+13 vs. 93+20-10 Hangover] It is not enough. Your strength is rapidly flowing out of you and even as you weakly drag the shield to yourself the foaming berserker rips it away from you. Kneeling across from each other you stare directly into your opponents eyes as they recover from the wild madness of the draught and an understanding passes between you two.

[79+13 vs. 69+20-10 Hangover] You ram your protuding arm bone directly into his right eye socket. Howling he topples backwards and you grin hapzardly as the enraged man comes back to his feet now towering above you.

[85+13 vs. 89+20-10] He stumbles towards you,the treacherous churned up ground making his steps slow and deliberate. He raises his shield one more time and smashes it right into your broken jaw. The strike is enough to see you tumbling a few feet towards the edge of the ring.

Weakly you turn around.

Your vision begins to blur and grey out.

As you raise your head in a titanic effort you see the sun. It is a beautiful evening indeed. Seems like the rain has stopped.

You think you can hear the croak of a raven but that might just be your imgination as the sun is blotted out by a giant with a sphere of shadow.

The sound of laughter and the clinking of horns comes nearer and you think you smell a boar...

[22+13 vs. 87+20-20]

Your last thought is whether Odd will join you in Valhalla.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2016, 03:20:06 pm »

Are we dead?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2016, 03:34:46 pm »

Yes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2016, 03:37:10 pm »

Looks like. Ahwell.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2016, 03:43:10 pm »

:'( :'( :'(  damn. Nice writing for the combat scene, I nearly cried at the end. Will you run another game similar to this anytime soon?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »

Yup. I have some ideas i wanted to try, ill post it in here if i have a new thread up.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2016, 04:32:52 pm »

May we find our place in Valhalla.

We almost made heaven on earth. Almost.

Dumb ways to die~ so many dumb ways to die~
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:34:33 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2016, 04:47:08 pm »

I leave for a couple hours and we end up dead. Well it could have been worse. Next time we circle duel against a berserker, we should try to use their momentum to knock them out of the ring. That extra +20 really wrecked us. I wonder what Odd adventures we'll have next.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2016, 05:33:25 pm »

Next time we have a low diplomacy character, I'm going to suggest away from the diplomatic route.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2016, 05:51:43 pm »

That which sleeps as requested the new...quest like thing?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 01, 2016, 02:24:33 pm »

GASP

It is dark. You can't see. The Air smells stale and you taste earth in your mouth. Panic fills you. Were you buried alive?

A. It is just a dream... [No Fantasy Elements/No Gods or Divine Intervention]

B. Oh gods, why are you buried? [Fantasy Option/Divine Interventions/Mythical Beasts Exist]

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2016, 02:28:32 pm »

Spoiler: YES! YESSS! (click to show/hide)

B
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2016, 02:37:11 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36