Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Vinland  (Read 32600 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Vinland
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 10:27:29 am »

Martial:
Defences (10 Thralls)
Scout out the Surroundings
Rekkr Training

Diplomacy:
Yeah i'm not cut out for this (AKA get a chancellor or something.)

Stewardship:
Houses!
Clear some fields

Research
Iron
Foreign Beasts

Piety
Talk to Thorleif

Personal
Marriage
A Trade

We do need to note that we are the only blacksmith. It'll be best for us to stay at the settlement for the time being until we get another blacksmith or two. Hunting isn't going to be too valuable on a large scale unless we know what beasts make for good hunting (Without needlessly killing off our hunters.) And getting a source of iron is a priority since we'll need it for tools and weapons. We should also get around to training the leidangr when we've got the resources for it.

+1

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 11:49:27 am »

PTW
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 12:04:12 pm »

Martial:
Defences (10 Thralls)
Scout out the Surroundings
Rekkr Training

Diplomacy:
Yeah i'm not cut out for this (AKA get a chancellor or something.)

Stewardship:
Houses!
Clear some fields

Research
Iron
Foreign Beasts

Piety
Talk to Thorleif

Personal
Marriage
A Trade

We do need to note that we are the only blacksmith. It'll be best for us to stay at the settlement for the time being until we get another blacksmith or two. Hunting isn't going to be too valuable on a large scale unless we know what beasts make for good hunting (Without needlessly killing off our hunters.) And getting a source of iron is a priority since we'll need it for tools and weapons. We should also get around to training the leidangr when we've got the resources for it.

+1
+1
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2016, 05:43:05 pm »

sorry for the delay, was three quarters done, then accidentally deleted the entire update...then decided "fuck it, im getting drunk." Uhm yeah maybe update now...maybe not, depends how much longer i can stay coherent.

EDIT: great also the profiles for your potential wives including their stats vanished...update tomorrow, sorry folks.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:29:58 pm by Ghazkull »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 06:44:58 pm »

it's k
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 07:10:51 pm »

Take care and also look into Notepad +++ for saving options.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2016, 07:13:52 am »

Year 1: 1000 AD - Results

Spoiler:  Martial (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Diplomacy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stewardship (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piety (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Intrigue (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal (click to show/hide)

Choosing time folks: A Wife and a Diplomatic Advisor.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2016, 07:19:05 am »

Wife: Odd, a beautiful diplomatic wife who can use magic and bear children?  Hell yeah.

Diplomacy: Thorfinn, Asa Anhar seems far too domineering to be someone we can use to play nice with other people.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2016, 07:34:48 am »

Diplomacy: Asa Ànhár. While Thorfinn might be more lenient in negotiations, we do have to remember he's also our steward. We start doubling up the workload on him and we can expect efficiency to suffer since he has to manage both. Therefore giving the job to Asa is the best we're going to get. And hey, if she can make a huskarl back down we know she can handle whatever the job may throw at her.

Wife: Either Mjøll or Odd. I can't really decide between the two since both take care of our shortfalls whilst adding extra benefits for us. Consider my vote to be for whichever one of those two is the most popular choice.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2016, 08:10:00 am »

Oh, forgot he was also our steward.  +1 to Asa Anhar then, let's just hope we can keep her from getting too mouthy from potential trade partners and the like.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2016, 08:14:51 am »

I doubt we'd have to worry about that unless they're trying to rip us off.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2016, 08:21:14 am »

Wife: Odd
Diplomacy: Asa Anhar

(( First, as already pointed out, Thorfinn is already our steward and we dont want him getting too much power and he will work worse if he has both positions. I think that Odd is slightly better as she makes up more for our shortcomings than Mjoll.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:42:59 am by vishdafish »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2016, 08:30:10 am »

The problem is that, While she is fertile, her age is a concern. Not much of a window of opportunity to get a heir from her. Sure she has a +30% bonus for it, assuming that the other two are in their early twenties an extra 15 tries with the other two can pretty much overcome that.

Loyalty isn't that much of a concern, since we're vaguely democratic and don't need to worry about someone stabbing us in the back. Stat-wise I'd doubt it works like CKII; Her stats are her own. (Not that she isn't good with those, of course.)

I also wouldn't put it past Asa to start making her own dynasty, considering that she already has a budding one, and trying to grow ours alongside that might prove a little... problematic.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2016, 08:35:03 am »

Unlanded, unconnected wife is best wife. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2016, 08:38:20 am »

Hmm... Fair points. Edited vote.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36