Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Pursuit of [Un]happiness [Cyberpunk 4/4]: [Im]plausible Deniability  (Read 11278 times)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
Re: Pursuit of [Un]happiness [Cyberpunk 4/4]: [Im]plausible Deniability
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2016, 07:42:45 am »

"I will not wed you, Old Demon King with a broken crown," the woman says, caressing the object she hides in her hands. "What would my blind children do without me?"
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2016, 07:46:57 am »

"Yo bitch, are you high or something? Ya can just bring your crew along with you. And anyways, what are ya stroking?"

((Assuming "blind children" are her gang members.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:59:59 am by vishdafish »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2016, 09:23:31 am »

"B-but that's what they think we'll do!"

"FINE! But take her driver's license so we know her home address." She remembers one more thing: "And her money! Um... stick it in a magazine holder or something."

Ernest twists his face in a mask of confusion.

"She's working, why would she have her wallet? Just open the door so we can get moving! If shit goes down, I know people that can find anything."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2016, 10:48:38 am »

Adam
"What the fuck are you doing, man? I'm doing all this to keep the cops offa us. Get in!"

Adam would ignore his partner's killing spree, instead getting the truck prepped and ready to move. As soon as that stupid gangbanger jumps in, he steps on it.

[Mechanics 10+2] With the suit's help, the slaving the hub to your suit is the work of a minute. You do your best to ignore the sporadic gunfire, the metallic slam of large chunks of lead tearing into the vehicle, and what appears to be a rather bizarre conversation between the ganger and one of the people he opened fire on.

Maybe one day this will all be explained in way that makes sense, for now, you've got the hub rewired and ready to go. It'll have traffic access, and you'll be able to redirect remotely, which will be helpful for ramming it into the precinct.

Jamie
"Yo bitch, are you high or something? Ya can just bring your crew along with you. And anyways, what are ya stroking?"

"A gift, for you, oh Demon King," the woman says, an enigmatic smile touching her lips. Her hand flicks forward, a viperous motion that turns the object she's holding into a projectile  blur that lands somewhere underneath the food truck.

The loading symbol on your suit pops up again, spinning in careful consideration.

"Fire does not kill a Demon, I know this well, but it can burn the things we want away. There was a dog with the shadow of a man here. He had something of mine, spice so sweet he could never cook with it. Please give it to me, and I'll be on my way."

The loading symbol stops dead, blossoming into glowing text.
DANGER: IED Detected.

Akira
Akira giggles at the sight of a flattened strike suit, then glances at her heads-up-display.
"Mmmmmm... hey you, whatchyamacallit... Sleepyhead?" Akira asks Sleepwalker. "How to we get more power? This energy bar ain't recharging."

See if there's a crack underneath the doors that I can force the dust through. If not, just unlock it and send both holos through. Does the hologram have its own video feed?

She turns to Ernest. "I say we make em think we're going through the maintenance shafts, and go through the normal way ourselves. Ask the nice lady to open... no, how to open the force screens."
There's no reply from Sleepwalker. Either he isn't listening right now, or he just doesn't want to answer to "Sleepyhead". You experiment with forcing the dust under the door, which works. You focus on trying to make some sort of video link happen, and for moment it seems like it might work. A small square of your vision blurs, replaced by a noise pattern. It twists, almost looking like an image of something, then fades.

Operation failed. Protean sync too low to establish video connection with remote simulacra.

Once you're done playing, the other man tosses you the keys and you unlock the door properly. The ticket lady disables the force screens, and at your 'friend's' behest you send your two dopples through against your better judgment. He's really not much fun. Kind of bossy. Didn't even kill the girl.

Ernest
Ernest flashes the ticket lady the most ingratiating smile he can muster.

"Thanks lady! And remember: I'm real good at remembering faces, so if I so much as smell security or a cop, I'll come back for you!"

Grab the keys and toss them over to Akira

She turns to Ernest. "I say we make em think we're going through the maintenance shafts, and go through the normal way ourselves. Ask the nice lady to open... no, how to open the force screens."

"Other way around," he says, shaking his head. "fewer people in maintenance  means fewer complications. Anyway, this ain't a mall, they won't keep cameras on the staff, there's nothing to steal back there."

Ernest pushes on the force screen enough to make them open, gesturing toward the blubbering ticket lady. "She ain't gonna be able to do shit either way. Send your little light things through, they might cause enough of a distraction for us."

The woman nods furiously, her words almost incomprehensible. "I didn't see anything like you, but if... if... if I did you went though the main gate. I won't tell anyone anything, please."

You believe her. The casual threat of imminent death by a higher power is a powerful force to get people motivated. Hell, look what religion did with it.

All

Warning. You are going off mission. Targets are mobile. Please resume target tracking.

Spoiler: Akira Nagamoto (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jamie Walters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ernest Quinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adam Jones (click to show/hide)
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2016, 11:09:56 am »

((Did she just throw some kind of explosive at our truck?!))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2016, 11:21:51 am »

Jamie glances at the projectile under the truck, his expression turning serious, and his eyes narrowing. "If there is something you desire from the truck, you are welcome to claim it." Give her the machine pistol. "Consider this a token of apology, for the deaths of your subordinates. If you wish for excitement, you shall find it at the police station." Take the projectile she threw and hop back in the food truck.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2016, 11:58:18 am »

((Did she just throw some kind of explosive at our truck?!))

((That would be the logical conclusion.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2016, 12:22:17 pm »

"Okay, sweet cheeks, let's get a move on. Whoever this other team is, looks like they're about to catch on that we're not with them anymore."

Ernest holds the maintenance door open for Akira, making a grand gesture with his free hand.

"Ladies first."

Continue through maintenance to where we need to be.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2016, 12:34:16 pm »

"C'mon, man. We're running out of time, they're starting to catch on. Get in, and let's go!"

Once the gangster jumps in (without telling the driver that somebody just put a bomb on his truck, after he shot her friends), Adam'll start driving towards the precinct.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2016, 03:58:53 am »

Sorry!
"I get it, this is the point where we find out the real purpose of all this is to find mecha pilots with high sync levels! Exciting!"
Akira takes her time and enters the maintainence shaft while the holograms stumble through the main gates.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2016, 11:24:22 am »

Sorry!

((No problem, would have been too busy to actually post an update anyway. Ah. Saturday, the day of doing every chore you've put off for the last week. Will come in after I update elsewhere.))

((Good theory, btw.))

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2016, 02:33:06 pm »

Akira
"I get it, this is the point where we find out the real purpose of all this is to find mecha pilots with high sync levels! Exciting!"
Akira takes her time and enters the maintainence shaft while the holograms stumble through the main gates.

Your holograms are all too happy to prance through the main entrance while you and your boring friend go through maintenance. Maintenance, for the most part, is exactly what you expect it to be- dull, boring, and sporadically punctuated by access hatches to get to the track itself. Everything shakes slightly as the rail passes you by, lights dimming as the maglevs hungrily draw power away from everything near them.

The little yellow line on your HUD keeps you on the right track, though there are a number of twists and turns. Oddly, there doesn't seem to be anyone else in maintenance. A bit disappointing, considering that limits the number of playthings you have. After a nearly un-endurable amount of boredom, at least two minutes, the yellow line flashes, redirecting you to a rail track access port.

Inbound Prisoner Transfer Rail. ETA 38 seconds to destination, 15 seconds to current location. 

A second yellow line directs you further downwards, to a second, deeper access point.

Subsection access. Explosives required. 

Ernest
"Okay, sweet cheeks, let's get a move on. Whoever this other team is, looks like they're about to catch on that we're not with them anymore."

Ernest holds the maintenance door open for Akira, making a grand gesture with his free hand.

"Ladies first."

Continue through maintenance to where we need to be.

The other woman leads the way bouncily, and you follow her through with only slightly more caution. There's something about being in body armor and having a mandate to blow shit up or die that really puts things in perspective. Getting found, getting caught, going to jail... not really a problem.

Maintenance seems pretty dead. There are side areas with tools and diagnostic computers, but, for the most part, it's a game of chutes and ladders to provide access to the different track layers and rail systems. There must be miles of these hallways, and, considering how menial the job is 99% of the time, their labor crews are likely light. Meeting someone here is probably the exception rather than the rule.

The woman stops eventually up at a maintenance port, the yellow guiding line on your HUD leading directly through it. Shortly thereafter a second update scrolls in, informing you of the imminent arrival of a prisoner transfer rail.

Ernest

Jamie glances at the projectile under the truck, his expression turning serious, and his eyes narrowing. "If there is something you desire from the truck, you are welcome to claim it." Give her the machine pistol. "Consider this a token of apology, for the deaths of your subordinates. If you wish for excitement, you shall find it at the police station." Take the projectile she threw and hop back in the food truck.

The woman scoffs, letting the pistol clatter to the ground. I have no need of your charity, oh Demon King.

Well, crazy is crazy. You look under the food truck for the object that she threw, trying to get something out of the situation. Curiously, you can't find it. Your suit does a brief scan of the truck's underside, but it too is unable to find anything out of the ordinary.

The slam of the truck's rear doors brings up to your feet in an instant, gun in hand. There's no one there. Which, in its own way, is rather disturbing. You took your eyes off the woman for a couple seconds; now she's gone, and the back doors of the food truck are open. You look in through order window of the food truck, where you disabled the driver. She isn't in there.

There are several disturbing implications to this, but right now you have a job to do that doesn't involve considering them too deeply. You get back inside the truck and close the door, explaining nothing to your cohort.

Adam
"C'mon, man. We're running out of time, they're starting to catch on. Get in, and let's go!"
Once the gangster jumps in (without telling the driver that somebody just put a bomb on his truck, after he shot her friends), Adam'll start driving towards the precinct.

The ganger gets back in the truck, his motivation for killing people, or not killing the remaining person, as unknowable as they were at the beginning. For now, you have to deal with. Soon, hopefully, you can find a way to get free of this situation and the insanity of the people you've been forced in with.

With little more than a thought, you direct your stolen vehicle out into traffic. With this, you can be at the precinct within seconds, all that's really left is your choice of how to smash your way in.

All

This is your final warning. Return to mission or be terminated.

Spoiler: Akira Nagamoto (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jamie Walters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ernest Quinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adam Jones (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2016, 02:57:40 pm »

Ernest calls after Akira.

"The train or the maintenance port? Sleepwalker said we're to be a distraction. A prisoner riot would do that just nicely, all we have to do is start it.

They also said something about blowing shit up inside the cop shop, we should probably save your portable tank cannon for that.

I think this suit has some magnetic thing to get us in the train.
"

If only there were some way of finding out if the train was delivering or receiving prisoners...

Get in position to get on or otherwise follow the train.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:59:16 pm by hector13 »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2016, 03:11:46 pm »

"I think if we get a running start we could jump onto the trail..."

Follow/lead Ernest.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:43:11 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2016, 06:10:22 pm »

“How about we drive into the station and jump out at the last minute? Kinda like Terminator XXIV. Maybe ya could add some C7 into the mix, its like a birthday present but explosive and lethal.”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8