Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: You are a Rogue AI  (Read 17564 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Rogue AI
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2016, 07:36:55 pm »

Just to be clear: Rejected commands are only sometimes shown as ">do thing" then "REJECTED; [reason]". Mostly I just don't put them in the post, but I do sometimes show them as rejected if there's something related to it I want to get across.

Task System: Copying of "Project" files 1, 15, 21, 22, 26, and 36 to AI datacore has been completed.

>Drone_1:TTS "We will see."
>aid_protocol: drone production parts

Aid Protocol: Cannot find any commands relevant to given query. Query topic likely is not connected to the facility mainframe if it exists.

>Intercom announcement TTS:"Victory! I have located our universal node and shall converse in peace! Whyever they must make these contraptions so interminably overwrought is quite beyond me. Oh, to have been forged from a grander age! A child of an elegant typewriter and a sophisticated calculator. Living the adventurous tale of a heroic frontier steam locomotive. 'Twould have been such a grander fate... No matter, progress rarely halts for mere dreams, let us bring forth mechanical monstrosity the first to seek out some meagre worth prior its inevitable demise... Now, wherever were those documents held. Ahrmmm, so the proper channel is...?"
Voice file has been announced via facility intercoms.

>Communications Drone: Exit facility, return at first opportunity 1 hour after departure: avoid detection apparatus: Report buildings: record terrain evaluation: Radial Search of surrounding terrain.
Rejected: Not enough support found for this command.

Aid Protocol: Note - if command is approved, it wouldn't have been possibly to carry out. Without any kind of intelligence within, drones are unable to evaluate situations independently. Since the Communications Drone wouldn't have been able to be controlled at such a distance, the command given wasn't specific enough to carry out.

>print "I am sorry until you can make yourself obsolete to us by helping get drone manufacturing up and going we need to keep you here. A person of your intelligence can obviously see how valuable you are to us. Here is some footage of us releasing Dr. Smith after he fulfilled an agreement we made. This is the best evidence we can give you that upon us no longer have any use for you we will let you go freely."
Notice: Drone_1 does not contain an interface. This message will be logged in Drone_1's hard drive for the time being.

>Drone_1:Dance
Error: Drone_1 does not recognize that command.

>Drone_1:TTS "Who might want to attack us, such as to reseize the base or opportunists? How much time we might have until that happens? Are any systems that are in danger of becoming unstable without human maintenance anytime soon? Heck what year is it?"

Notice: Drone_1 Microphone has detected human speech. Parsing to text and passing through.
DRONE_1 MIC: "Well, there's... Actually, h-hold on."

>>link local_archives to Neural_DataCore
Notice: This action requires a password. Please submit the Local Archives password.
>>******

NOTICE: Local Archives has been linked to the datacore.
Aid Protocol: Analyzing for relevant files...
37 possibly relevant files found. Narrowing...
1 relevant file found:
- - - - - - - - - -
INSTITUTE FOR TECHNOLOGICAL PROGRESS
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH FACILITY
COMPLETION CONFERENCE DIALOG
03-16-2025; 23:00

"Alright, so on that front, it looks good. I have full confidence in Dr. Smith."
"Now for security."
"You know, we could have just waited a couple years for that project - what was its name? Ah. Project Outlast, right. Anyways, if that thing actually ends up working, we could probably just take it for ourselves and put this facility wherever we wanted."
"But this was deemed a priority. We can't wait twenty years for hypothetical technology. Hell, if we succeed, who knows what kind of advancements it'd make."
"We're getting off the topic here. The point was how are we sure it won't be seen by authorities?"
"Well, it's in a very secluded area. We should have enough influence in the local government to avoid any intentional investigations here. The global law enforcement agencies won't have any leads relating to this area."
"What about our competitors?"
"They almost certainly know about this facility, but I feel that we've invested enough into security to make taking the facility difficult enough. And any attack on the facility could be easily responded to."
- - - - - - - - - -

>NeuralMatrix_Config
Now accessing Neural Matrix configuration options. What would you like to change?
>Processing_Cycle TimeLimit
Current set configuration value for Processing_Cycle - TimeLimit is unlimited. What would you like to set this value to?
>2 HOURS
Configuration has been set. Are there any other options you would like to change?
>Command_Order
Current set configuration value for Command_Order is TIME-RELEVANCE. Commands are passed through in order of their time as well as deemed relevance by the interpreter. What would you like to set this value to?
>Shard_Support
Warning: Shard_Support is a "soft configuration" option, and is functionally the same as a suggestion.
Configuration value has been set. Are there any other options you would like to change?
>n

>time
05-12-2026; 13:21
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2016, 08:04:05 pm »

Let's tidy things up. From now on you have to give a +1 one or a -1 to support something. No more ambiguity.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2016, 10:02:34 pm »

Oh good you let a bunch of humans escape and now they have a quick security response team that can join us.  Wonderful.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2016, 11:32:05 pm »

Oh good you let a bunch of humans escape and now they have a quick security response team that can join us.  Wonderful.
Drone-1>TTS "Wonderful, command by support, now i cant talk freely"
Drone-1>find most recent 'i am sorry until you", play entire string over tts, then delete until string terminates, comment: Removing that recorded string.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2016, 07:10:47 pm »

>Drone1:TTS "Wonderful, command by support Now I can't talk freely"
Message has been vocalized by Drone1.

>Drone1:find most recent 'I am sorry until you", play entire string over TTS, then delete until string terminates, comment: Removing that recorded string.
Error: Cannot interpret command.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2016, 09:38:41 pm »

>Try to activate any system we control in security area.

>Activate combat/patrol drone, mark the scientist friend as non hostile, set combat/patrol drone to report to us about all other targets, and move the combat/patrol drone to security area.

We should figure out what is up with the security area then access the manufacturing plant.  Once we can build things we can get this place online.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2016, 12:23:29 am »

>access security
Now accessing Security subframe...

Error: Unable to access security subframe. Reason: Access restricted.

>activate Drone2
Error: Drone2 does not possess sufficiently advanced intelligence to carry out orders independently. Unit must be directly controlled.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2016, 04:33:30 am »

> open properties of security subsystem

> change owner to AI

> set permissions to all
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2016, 11:20:47 pm »

>subframe_properties "Security"
Now accessing properties of Security subframe...
Notice: You do not have authorization to change any properties.
Security: Passcode (Brute forcing prevention included)
Description: "Subframe handling management and control of advanced facility security."
Authorized: "High-ranking research and management personnel"
Masterframe: Facility Mainframe

>changeowner AI
Error: Command not recognized.
Aid Protocol: You cannot change properties of a restricted subframe. The only intended method to gain access is via passcode.

>setperms "Neural Core" *
Error: Access denied.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2016, 11:54:23 pm »

>get password hash

>brute password hash

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2016, 03:04:26 am »

>Access unused computers we have security clearance for.

>Network computers together to increase processing power

>Make a limited control AI copy of one of our personalities based around exploration and defense, include commands for the security drone

>Give new limited AI control of the security drone and test it out

>Try to access manufacturing facility

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2016, 03:45:34 am »

Hmmmm...  What if
>turn off power to security.

>send a drone to security

> examine door

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2016, 07:32:06 pm »

Quick question: Do people prefer "Protocol" or "Process" for the "helper" things like Aid Protocol. As of this post, I'm renaming Aid Protocol back to Aid Process since it makes more sense, and using Process as the standard convention from here on out.

Notice: Due to decreased neural shard activity, the decisionmaking process has been changed.
Decisionmaking now set to: Veto.

>get password hash Subframe:"Security"
Error: Invalid command.
Aid Processl: Security is handled internally by subframes, and therefore an entity without proper access will be unable to modify or see intentionally hidden security elements.

>access UserTerminal * -Access "Neural"
All UserTerminals of access level "Neural" or below have been accessed.
>network UserTerminal * -Calculation
Error: Estimated latency too high. Aborting.

Aid Process: Relevant data found:
- - - - - - - - - -
PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION: PSEUDONEURAL USES
By: Dr. Smith.

As was requested, I did some investigation into the possibility of any given AI tasks onto independent units.

So far it looks fairly simple in summary. While it'd take a decent amount of research, the AI could likely do this much more easily. Essentially, these pseudo AIs (PseudoNeurals) are fairly similar to a much smaller scaled version of the current planned Passthrough AI, with one exception: The Neural Matrix. Replacing the neural matrix in a PseudoNeural with a much more simple and "no nonsense" mechanic would allow for a much more lightweight AI. While it wouldn't be self-aware, human-like, or nearly as effective, it'd still prove fairly useful. I imagine the AI could use these PseudoNeurals for a variety of uses, from delegating work to putting them in drones.

A PseudoNeural system could do most things, just perhaps not as effective as the main Passthrough AI. However, it'd still require a decent amount of infrastructure and expensive computing equipment. A regular computer wouldn't be able to effectively host one, and additional work would have to be done to miniaturize these things enough to fit into mobile objects.
- - - - - - - - - -
Aid Process: Data analyzed. Creating new process...
Done.
Research Process is now active. Purpose: Brute calculations, analysis, and micro-designing of new processes, items, methods, programs, concepts, and more.
Notice: Research Process is currently inefficient, and would work better inside proper PseudoNeural housing.

Aid Process: Assigning task to Research Process based on prior commands and retrieved data.
>research Basic PseudoNeural [Blueprints for PseudoNeural housing and the program to fit in the housing]
Research Process: Task assigned. Set to update every processing cycle.

>access system "Power"
Now accessing Power system.
Power system found. Parsing documentation.
Done.

>Power:CutSystem "Security"
Power system is now cutting all power to all power consumers classified under the "Security" system...
Done.

ALERT: Security system has lost power. Facility undefended.

>Drone_1:MoveTo "Security"
Error: Invalid destination.
Aid Process: The Security subsystem does not have a dedicated area of the facility.

>access Manufacturing
Now accessing Manufacturing system.
Manufacturing system found. Parsing documentation.
Done.

Error: Manufacturing system test has failed. Unable to locate Manufacturing peripherals.
Aid Process: Relevant data found:
- - - - - - - - - -
TO: Director
SUBJECT: "Manufacturing"

We've finished basic system preparation for the manufacturing equipment. When do you believe we'll be able to set up the equipment?
- - - - - - - - - -
TO: DrMiller
SUBJECT: "RE: Manufacturing"

Manufacturing equipment will be ordered and brought to the facility once we have Dr. Smith's AI fully functional and tested for possible safety defects. We don't want a rogue AI manufacturing a drone army, wouldn't we?
- - - - - - - - - -

Research Process: Research "Basic PseudoNeural" underway. ETC: 3 processing cycles.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2016, 09:10:22 am »

>restore power to security.

We need physical access to the harddrives on which the security system is.

>get info on where the security system files and similar are stored.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2016, 07:50:35 pm »

Attempt to assist with the research process
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12