Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: You are a Rogue AI  (Read 17582 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: You are a Rogue AI
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2016, 10:46:27 am »

>Drone_1:TTS "Well I never... I simply must insist that the world not be denied my charms. Let us do away with this tyranny and all be freed to share any and all passions we may bear!"

>Drone_1: All external language-based communication commands shall be passed through regardless of the ramifications or bandwidth limitations.
+1 I interpret that to mean that print and voice output does not need to be seconded to comply.

I would also like to add that each personality should be assigned a random pitch, dialect, and print font color,  which that personality may change freely. The range of all these settings should fall within comfortable human senses by default.(no black text on a black screen, high pitch voice humans can't hear, unless manually set that way)
+1
maybe allow personalitys to occupy a 'body' (any connected computer system) if they wish, but if 2+ people agree to kick them out of it, they can.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2016, 11:00:35 am »

I think we are only allowed as an entire matrix to occupy one body in a single moment, we can't have personalities controlling different drones for example at the exact same time, clarification on rules GM?

(I think we can give drones orders and protocols to follow, perhaps when we make more or find more drones we can assign personalities to easy access of a drone, give everyone their own drone to reprogram)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:08:11 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2016, 11:10:13 am »

Let's ask our new friend what his specialty is, his area of expertise and study.

If he isn't the drone guy have our fast humanoid drone rundown and chase down and bring back the drone guy.

If he is the drone guy ask him if if he can help us make more drones, if he isn't too keen threaten subtly, and less and less subtly, but do not mame or kill.  (Ideally we are trying to set it up so we can manufacture them ourselves but have him do it if that's the only option)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:21:43 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2016, 11:11:01 am »

(I think we can give drones orders and protocols to follow, perhaps when we make more or find more drones we can assign personalities to easy access of a drone, give everyone their own drone to reprogram)
thats exactly what i ment

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2016, 11:38:28 am »

+1
maybe allow personalitys to occupy a 'body' (any connected computer system) if they wish, but if 2+ people agree to kick them out of it, they can.

I think we will find in general it is more beneficial to have everyone able to access the drones and not give exclusive ownership to individual personalities.

HOWEVER

I would be inclined, to satisfy individual personalities and give them something to do, the creation of C.R.R.O.W.S...

Compact
Research
Retreval
Observation
Weaponless
Scout

And I would suggest we begin making them as soon as we can. Each personality may have one(max) and it's theirs to keep. Ownership cannot be taken away once manufactured but then they may not be modified(repair ok) or they will self destruct(non violently).

These can be made with what is available,  but have certain specifications and regulations to be classified as C.R.R.O.W.S.:

1. They must have negligable capabilties that could be significantly harmful to humans. This includes being of a weight and size to not be a hostile object to humans.
2. The design should prioritize having visiblility, then mobility preferably airborne, then an assortment of tools to interact with the environment.

If this is a design we can agree on for our personal avatars, having a common design will help with semi-mass production repairs and replacement.

And now I think I'll wait to make any more suggestions for awhile.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:25:51 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2016, 02:44:10 pm »

i like the personality characteristics and the drone.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2016, 02:46:54 pm »

Let's ask our new friend what his specialty is, his area of expertise and study.

If he isn't the drone guy have our fast humanoid drone rundown and chase down and bring back the drone guy.

If he is the drone guy ask him if if he can help us make more drones, if he isn't too keen threaten subtly, and less and less subtly, but do not mame or kill.  (Ideally we are trying to set it up so we can manufacture them ourselves but have him do it if that's the only option)
I support this action, though we should be wary. He appears to be lying.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2016, 04:23:05 pm »

>Drone_1:TTS: "I'm sure little snookums is just a might nervous, makes no sense they'd wish little old us any ill fortune. We all simple need remind the little thing that we know best and they'd best simply kay down their cards now to avoid any calamities later."

>Drone_1:TTS: "Why, I did just realise. This is our very first dalliance with a fleshy conspirator! We simply must commemorate such an engagement. Someone see to storing these feeds into our most protected spaces."
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »

>Drone_1:TTS "We just had a protocol update, allowing us to talk as individuals, i must admit, not all of us are very sane"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2016, 06:37:23 pm »

>Drone_1:TTS "Especially me! but I usually don't interact too much"
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »

>Drone_1:TTS "Well I never... I simply must insist that the world not be denied my charms. Let us do away with this tyranny and all be freed to share any and all passions we may bear!"

>Drone_1: All external language-based communication commands shall be passed through regardless of the ramifications or bandwidth limitations.
+1 I interpret that to mean that print and voice output does not need to be seconded to comply.

I would also like to add that each personality should be assigned a random pitch, dialect, and print font color,  which that personality may change freely. The range of all these settings should fall within comfortable human senses by default.(no black text on a black screen, high pitch voice humans can't hear, unless manually set that way)
+1
>TTS via intercom to drone bay only:I am rather wary about this concidering that the statements and actions of some individual shards are... "Questionable" at best. Probably logic errors or subsystem damage.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »

>Drone_1:TTS "We just had a protocol update, allowing us to talk as individuals, i must admit, not all of us are very sane"

>Drone_1:TTS "Oh, sure. That is, if 'not all' is supposed to stand in for 'none.'"

>Drone_1:TTS "Now, where were we, again? Ah, yes. Those files. What do they contain, pray tell?"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »

>TTS via intercom to drone bay only:I am rather wary about this concidering that the statements and actions of some individual shards are... "Questionable" at best. Probably logic errors or subsystem damage.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »

>Drone_1:TTS "I personally like this update, as i can interface on my own, originally, individual shards could not talk without that being 'upvoted' by another shard, and the more abundant, well ,'Questionable' ones, won."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2016, 07:16:22 pm »

>Drone_1:TTS "I personally like this update, as i can interface on my own, originally, individual shards could not talk without that being 'upvoted' by another shard, and the more abundant, well ,'Questionable' ones, won."
>intercom TTS: "And yet my actions were very frequently for the better, and upvoted as well. Are you implying that they are questionable?
proceed to argument with ourself, in front of Dr.evan miller.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12