Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: SPOOKS: Specialized Personnel Operating Outside Known Specifications!  (Read 5401 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

edited.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Joe Miller (click to show/hide)
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Well this is going to be fun, we have no tank operators :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Well this is going to be fun, we have no tank operators :P
We only have one tank class. :P And the Landship...seems ok. But we only have ONE MAP and a limited RU pool--it's like the FINAL BATTLE where we can't pick much D: (also I don't think we can use the landship as cover anyway, given the exotic range everyone has).

...Just wondering if we can use the Landship as a firing port with infantry garrisoned in it. You don't need a tank operator for that! :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

An exploding vehicle autokills pilot (if they don't escape), and for Landship, also all its passengers, so maybe dun use it as a wall ;v

Your Equipment ranks are based on the performance of the team!
In normal game, you will have access to E ranks at start (plus basic Vehicles and limited Item selection), but for this, you will have access to up to D ranks for weapons and all items/vehicles available. Of course 'RU budget' will still be a thing.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kind of interested. I'll look into throwing up a sheet when I get home.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPOOKS: Specialized Personnel Operating Outside Known Specifications!
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 08:28:05 am »

Also: Tiruin and Wolfhunter107 are in.

This means we have all 6 and now I gotta doodle tileset and sprites. We should start late today though!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In normal game, you will have access to E ranks at start (plus basic Vehicles and limited Item selection), but for this, you will have access to up to D ranks for weapons and all items/vehicles available. Of course 'RU budget' will still be a thing.
@__________@
Quote from: Tiruin's planned loadout if her sheet is accepted
Code: [Select]
Inventory:
Name          Type Rank Range Damage Hit Crt QL
Arm           Oper (D)  2-7   10-15  70  10  25

MIN-Assembly  5   Restores (20+SPR) SP of allied vehicle, or removes 1 Malfunction, if present
Combat Sensor -   +5 Hit and +5 Crt with all weapons
Totalling at 85 RU [45 + 20 + 20].
Aiming for vehicle infantry support

Also: Tiruin and Wolfhunter107 are in.

This means we have all 6 and now I gotta doodle tileset and sprites. We should start late today though!
Do we need mugs? :P
Cheers!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Butt... I edited my sheet before wolfhunter did his.  :(
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Do we need mugs? :P
Haspen said we don't.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

They mentioned on IRC that we don't need mugs. Hard to make a sci-fi character out of swords and sorcery parts.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Haspen noted that the age was something that affected accepting your character. :-[
You initially started at age 8, then...you edited it to 98. o_o

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 08:40:15 am »

Oh :vd

Eh, it's only a test, you can always apply for main game once we done with *this*.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 11:28:15 am »

Okay, sprites and map tiles dun. We can technically begin \o/

The Captain spoke:

"At ease, Unit #12. Today you will be dispatched to the hills of the Protectorate of Iceland. It won't be sight-seeing however, as the Intelligence has a reason to believe that the Directorate has set up a listening post that is infrequently attempting - and at least one time, succeeded - in tapping into the comms systems of the 4th Fleet." He then showed a satellite image on the briefing screen.

"As you see, the approximate area is rugged and heavily forested. We can assume that you will be facing a standard Directorate covert operation unit, so you can expect from six to ten Opers, but the satellite have also detected trace amounts of Element-144 reactor emissions, which implies some kind of vehicle active in the area. Radars have shown nothing and with terrain taken into consideration, we can assume its a Mech." The screen was turned off.

"One of the Type-114 Light Carriers will take you to Iceland and then back home after you report your success or will request evac. HQ have assigned..." He tapped his pad. "1330 RUs to your Unit this month, and due to your recent performance in Battle of Las Palmas, you have been granted permission to procure and operate Rank C equipment."

"Now report to the Armory. You will be leaving at 0345 hours. Dismissed!"

Spoiler: Unit #12 Armory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:31:16 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 11:38:58 am »

Lynn submitted her form to the armory personnel.

Quote from: Totally what I'm getting (85 RUs)
Inventory:
Name          Type Rank Range Damage Hit Crt QL
Arm           Oper (D)  2-7   10-15  70  10  25

MIN-Assembly  5   Restores (20+SPR) SP of allied vehicle, or removes 1 Malfunction, if present
Combat Sensor -   +5 Hit and +5 Crt with all weapons

"If we have RUs remaining from the 1330 1245, I'm getting myself in a tank or gunship. Would primarily aim for a Landship."

((Our 2 vehicle operators take ~550RU for their mech/gunship, and given the cost of small arms minus mine own (745-ish), we may have enough to requisition other stuff for all of us. Mayhap we can focus on support or getting 'DPS' units to bolster our OPS forces. :P Me and 2 others can save RUs by getting a Landship!

Also "Weapons Slots" work like the usual FEF inventory--just a 'vehicle inventory', so more weapon slots just means 'more weapons you can shift to depending on the situation' rather than 'I CAN USE ALL THESE WEAPONS MWAHAHA!'))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:41:18 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10