Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to Dragon [5/5]  (Read 5815 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dragon [5/5]
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 07:04:11 pm »

I Keep Looking, There must be some of those Little Buggers Around Here Somewhere.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 07:07:30 pm »

Try to make flight easier via wind manipulation.
[3+1=4]Combining magic with your practice earlier, you figure out a way to fly for extended periods of time. [+Flight] Unfortunately, some adventurers show up, probably called because of odd wind behavior coming from your general vicinity. Flight or fight?
Patiently wait for the wizard to awaken. Look affectionately upon the peasants.
[5] Nobody attacks. Nobody even goes for the guards. In fact, some peasants even seem to adore you, the most brave of which lay flowers at your feet. Eventually, the wizard awakens. [3]You finally engage them in conversation successfully this time around, and the wizard fearfully asks "Is this about the bargain?"
I Keep Looking, There must be some of those Little Buggers Around Here Somewhere.
[4] Persistent, you continue your search for Goblins. Aha! You find a number of them, carting their recent haul from a mine or so it seems. Gold gleams from under the boring coal and iron.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »

Carry myself away on the winds.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 07:11:23 pm »

Inquire further.

"What bargain, my dear wizard? I have no idea what you speak of. My name is known across the globe. Some tremble upon it, some cry in joy. I am known as... Jeff.

Great name, huh?

Oh, I got sidetracked. What bargain?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 07:14:31 pm »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 07:23:30 pm »

Maybe an earth dragon would have breath with the ability to spur nature into a wild state; more of a nature dragon than anything. Convert trees into furious ents, make grass entangle foes, and have flowers secrete poisonous spores. Just an idea.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 07:24:10 pm »

Carry myself away on the winds.
[Auto-Success] Away you go, carried by wind and by magic. [-Reputation]
Inquire further.

"What bargain, my dear wizard? I have no idea what you speak of. My name is known across the globe. Some tremble upon it, some cry in joy. I am known as... Jeff.

Great name, huh?

Oh, I got sidetracked. What bargain?"
[5] The wizard explains everything, making sure to complement your name and to apologize deeply for their lack of knowledge of your legendary self. You learn that the wizard's family struck a bargain with dragons long ago, in return for their magic that they wield. Some wizards hunt dragons down in order to avoid paying. And some wizards hide in their towers. At length, you find out that the wizard is willing to do near any one favor for you if it means that they get to live. Of course, you can negotiate further if you wish, but a longer stay might not be a great idea.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 07:26:50 pm »

I Start Trying to Drive them back to my cave.
Maybe an earth dragon would have breath with the ability to spur nature into a wild state; more of a nature dragon than anything. Convert trees into furious ents, make grass entangle foes, and have flowers secrete poisonous spores. Just an idea.
(I'd think an earth dragon would have No breath but be Good at Digging.)
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 07:37:13 pm »

"Very well....

I want you to....

Make me human."

Jeff is unblinking.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2016, 07:49:24 pm »

Brandish the knight's burned corpse in front of any nearby peasants, make them kneel before me.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 07:50:12 pm »

(it seems a bit too.. upfront...)
(I'd think an earth dragon would have No breath but be Good at Digging.)
(that seems more like a utility ability, but that's just me. Still a good option.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 08:31:13 pm »

Spoiler: Gashuvax, the Cannibal (click to show/hide)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 08:38:06 pm »

In that case, Fuerom goes underwater, and does his best to locate a suitably large Cave. If he cannot find a Cave in the Lake, he flies away from the Lakeside Village, and goes to recuperate somewhere suitably isolated. If he has the spare time, Fuerom tries to recall what he knows about the Human Kingdom.

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 09:33:30 pm »

"Very well....

I want you to....

Make me human."

Jeff is unblinking.
[1] The wizard makes you even more dragon-like than before. You get even bigger than before, just in time for the clamor of adventurers to reach your ears. Fight or flight?
Brandish the knight's burned corpse in front of any nearby peasants, make them kneel before me.
[3] You're hungry. Somehow, you manage not to eat the knight and instead brandish the grotesque remains at peasants. However, instead of bowing, they scatter and flee.
In that case, Fuerom goes underwater, and does his best to locate a suitably large Cave. If he cannot find a Cave in the Lake, he flies away from the Lakeside Village, and goes to recuperate somewhere suitably isolated. If he has the spare time, Fuerom tries to recall what he knows about the Human Kingdom.
[3-1=2] Fuerom dives into the waters, but is unable to locate a cave large enough for him. [6] Flying away, he then goes to recuperate in the uninhabited bay not too far away, [4] recalling his knowledge on Humans. He finds out that humans have a general greed in regards to dragons, and that thieves can be better found during the night.

---
Ardent Debater/Fuerom (barn|water): Rep+1, Hungry, Hordeless. Thirsts for revenge.
NRDL/Astranix (horse|fire): Rep+1, Hungry, Hordeless. Thirsts for revenge.
Elephant Parade/Ventgriffe (horse|wind): Rep-1, Full, Hordeless. Thirsts for revenge.
crazyabe/Abadoon (barn|death): Rep+1, Full, Tiny horde. Thirsts for revenge.
Coolrune206/Jeff (barn|life): Rep+0, Hungry, Hordeless. Thirsts for revenge.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 09:39:05 pm »

“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5