Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to Dragon [5/5]  (Read 5830 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dragon [5/5]
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »

Eat food. Practice flight.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 05:55:45 pm »

Find a stream, eat some fish.  Recuperate.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 05:56:58 pm »

Eat a Few villagers, Then Fly off in search of Those Thieves.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 06:01:42 pm »

Jeff finds a hamlet.
[6] Jeff finds two hamlets. One's got a wizard in it. You can tell because of the wizard tower. The other has knights in it. How to choose?
Eat food. Practice flight.
You eat your bounty and decide to take to the skies, [2] but no matter how much beat your wings... you can't seem to take off. At least your nice and full now.
Find a stream, eat some fish.  Recuperate.
[3] You find a stream. Roast up some delicious fish, although the small morsels are barely a drop in the bucket. At least you feel better now.
Eat a Few villagers, Then Fly off in search of Those Thieves.
You eat some villagers to sate your hunger. Then, taking off you [3-1=2] search for thieves unsuccessfully. They're probably long gone.

Notice: Soon adventurers will start catching wind of those of you that are making a ruckus. Better start preparing.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 06:04:08 pm »

Jeff sets down right outside the wizard tower, and tries to initiate a friendly conversation with the individual.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 06:04:29 pm »

Ask the winds to teach me flight.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 06:05:35 pm »

Find a barn and burn it.  Then hide a short distance away, so I can ambush any adventurer going to investigate it from behind.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 06:06:14 pm »

Since I can't Find those Thieves I might as Well go Looking for an Unoccupied Cave...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 06:18:13 pm »

Jeff sets down right outside the wizard tower, and tries to initiate a friendly conversation with the individual.
[4] You go right up to the wizard tower, ignoring the cries of alarm from the general populace. The wizard pauses in their work, looking out the nearby window to see a barn-sized dragon. [2] The wizard immediately faints.

Ask the winds to teach me flight.
You talk to the winds, asking them for the secret of flight. [3+1] After about an hour of practice, you manage to get the basics of flight, but endurance flying is still out of the question. [+Flight]

Find a barn and burn it.  Then hide a short distance away, so I can ambush any adventurer going to investigate it from behind.
Deciding to attempt another foray into the human world, you set out for a barn. [6] It goes up into an inferno whilst you hide like a great camouflaged lizard. [3-1=2] Unfortunately, it is no mere adventurer who shows up. A knight goes to investigate the fire, and as planned, you ambush them! [4] You kill them with yet another lick of flame, this time not taking a wound in the process. [+Reputation]

Since I can't Find those Thieves I might as Well go Looking for an Unoccupied Cave...
[5] You find one that's perfect for your size, is unoccupied, and even has a nice underwater lake that you can make use of.

Incoming: Adventurers head to the hamlets. [?] After some preparing, they decide to head towards the flooded town to look for clues.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 06:20:46 pm »

Practice wind magic.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 06:24:48 pm »

Fuerom scalds the Adventurers with a Jet-Stream of Boiling Water! After devouring the corpses, (leaving one rattled Adventurer to spread tales of his glory, of course) Fuerom flies to the nearest Lakeside Village to conquer it, this time, attempting to preserve the Treasure. If Fuerom believes himself to be outmatched by either the Adventurers or Villagers, he flees the would-be Dragon Slayers. Reputation can be regained, a Wing, not so much.

I have a question, since Fuerom is a Water-Type Dragon, can he breathe Water?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 06:34:56 pm »

((Question: How do you get a "Underwater" Lake?))

Now to find A Good Source of food That isn't likely to run off while I'm Away... The best way I can think of would be to find Goblins And Drive them back to my cave, So To find Goblins I go!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 06:42:10 pm »

Practice wind magic.
[3][1][6] You practice. And practice. You learn how to make gusts strong enough to topple structures. You also learn that wind can simply die. And last, but not least, you learn the raw magical power at your wingtips, the ability to see the swells of magical power. Now you understand just what being a magician is all about. [+Magic]
Fuerom scalds the Adventurers with a Jet-Stream of Boiling Water! After devouring the corpses, (leaving one rattled Adventurer to spread tales of his glory, of course) Fuerom flies to the nearest Lakeside Village to conquer it, this time, attempting to preserve the Treasure. If Fuerom believes himself to be outmatched by either the Adventurers or Villagers, he flees the would-be Dragon Slayers. Reputation can be regained, a Wing, not so much.

I have a question, since Fuerom is a Water-Type Dragon, can he breathe Water?
[3+1=4][5+1=6][1+1=2] You first gauge the adventurers and decide not to flee. Then, loosing a jet of boiling water, you kil one adventurer outright. The rest of the adventurers rally, sending a flurry of arrows, many of which strike your wings and pierce into tender unprotected hide. The battle is over as quickly as it begun, and you leave one rattled adventurer alive to spread tales of your might. Before taking to the skies, you feast on the corpses, recovering a little. [4-1=3] You manage to locate and fly to a nearby lakeside village, but feel the need to recover before attempting to conquer it and its treasure. [+Reputation]

Yes, Fuerom can breathe Water, but not indefinitely.
((Question: How do you get a "Underwater" Lake?))

Now to find A Good Source of food That isn't likely to run off while I'm Away... The best way I can think of would be to find Goblins And Drive them back to my cave, So To find Goblins I go!
[1] Goblins? Aren't those buggers underground or something? You find zero Goblins, and even worse, stumble upon an adventurer who immediately calls for help. [4+1=5] Lucikly, your reputation proceeds you, and they flee instead of trying to fight, even leaving behind some nice gold coins for you. [+Hoard]

Answer: I dunno, but I know they exist. Google it :P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:45:12 pm by maidiance »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 06:46:54 pm »

Try to make flight easier via wind manipulation.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 06:57:51 pm »

Patiently wait for the wizard to awaken. Look affectionately upon the peasants.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5