Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You're a Wizard!  (Read 5263 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You're a Wizard!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 08:10:25 pm »

Turn this into a full and proper RTD with fleshed out (though not necessarily complex) mechanics and lore.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 08:59:05 pm »

Let's just try learning alchemy instead, then.

[2] Judging advanced magic to be beyond Your current skill set, You resolve to learn the next best thing: Alchemy! While You were out in the Forests picking hallucinogens mushrooms and toads for recipes, You got lost! What now?

Initiate thrusters and fly the hot air balloon that I have parked on top of my tower to the moon. Or attempt to, at least. Don't forget to take the chain attached to the tower roof.

[3] You decide to go where no man has gone before, the Moon. You inflate Your balloon and initiate it's thrusters, and lo and behold, You became the 47th to reach the World's Third Tallest Mountain, but You're definitely the first to do it with a Balloon!

Crank the speaker(s) to 666 and scatter the mob with a blast of sonic destruction!

[1] Cranking the Speakers to the Unholiest Volume possible, You unleash a truly unspeakable Guitar Solo, and play so hard that You open a tear in Reality! The Mob is scattered and panicking, but Uncountable Hordes of Demons are pouring out of the Tear, and they aren't happy about it! Most seem to be headed for Your Tower!

Troubleshoot casting, then try again!

[4] With the aid of Troubleshoot, (and some extra-planar customer service) You manage to get a Desktop to Crash! It's owner seems rather peeved, as he spent a lot of coin on it.

Open up an orphanage and teach children this new language. We will start a revolution.

[3] You go to a large metropolis and open up an Orphanage with the goal of teaching them the new language, and later, starting a Revolution. Several dozen children attend, but only a few are literate enough to learn from Your Apprentice's Textbooks, a handful of the children are now reasonably Fluent in the new language!

Sacrifice the bunnies and squirrels to use their souls as fuel

[6] You draw Arcane Symbols on the ground and preform a Soul destroying Sacrificial Ritual with the Animals! At first, nothing happens and You begin to prepare another Summoning Spell, but the Arcane Symbols Glow! A Voice speaks into Your Mind.

"I AM CHUCK, ARCH-DEMON OF THE ABYSS. MORTAL CASTER, YOUR SACRIFICE WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. TO REPAY YOU, I OFFER YOU ONE WISH, WHATEVER YOU DESIRE SHALL BE YOURS, SO LONG AS IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO GRANT."

Start researching secret to immortality.

[1] You start researching the secret to immortality, and decide that injecting Yourself with the Blood of an Elf would be a good start. Unfortunately, this ages You by half a century...

Turn this into a full and proper RTD with fleshed out (though not necessarily complex) mechanics and lore.

[5] With a wave of Your hand, You uncover the true meaning of Reality. It's all a Game, created to entertain the Fans of another Game until it has been completed. You have no idea what to make of this revelation.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 09:23:51 pm »

"I declare this lunar peak the new site of Castle Inaluct!" Attempt to teleport my tower onto the mountain peak without accidentally teleporting a wall around myself and suffocating.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 09:26:09 pm »

Thank you Chuck, I wish for a Train!
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 09:43:52 pm »

Introduce stats and stat modifiers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 11:06:06 pm »

Teach the children to defend themselves from strangers, then have them brave the depths of the city and find more orphans to educate in The Language.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 01:39:17 am »

Keep researching immortality, or eternal youth.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 08:39:10 am »

Warp my sense of direction so that it can be used to teleport.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 10:34:44 am »

"I declare this lunar peak the new site of Castle Inaluct!" Attempt to teleport my tower onto the mountain peak without accidentally teleporting a wall around myself and suffocating.

[6] Despite it's terrestrial location, You claim the peak to be lunar, and loudly declare it to be the new site of Castle Inaluct. Several mountaineers and hikers look at You strangely, You cast a magical spell, and Your Tower instantaneously materializes at the top of the Mountain in a flash of brilliant light! News about the new Castle on top of the World's Third Tallest Mountain spreads rapidly, and several villages and towns near the Mountain swear fealty to You!

Thank you Chuck, I wish for a Train!

[3] The voice speaks in Your head again. "HEH, IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE GOTTEN THAT REQUEST. VERY WELL, YOUR WISH IS GRANTED, MORTAL." You hear a loud poofing noise, and a red fog appears over the Arcane Symbols. When it fades, a brand new Train sits on the ground! Unfortunately, it doesn't have any Coal to power it, and there's no Rails for it to actually move on.

Introduce stats and stat modifiers.

[6] You decide, that since Reality is a Game, You might as well twist it towards being more Fun. With a supreme mental effort, You manage to create Stats and Stat Modifiers! Nothing seems to change immediately, but something feels much more detailed and profound.

Teach the children to defend themselves from strangers, then have them brave the depths of the city and find more orphans to educate in The Language.

[6] You teach all of the Children the basics of throwing Fireballs and Lightning Bolts from their fingertips, and You tell them to search the streets for fellow Orphans to educate in The Language. After a few weeks at the Orphanage with no news, You begin to fear that something went wrong, when You hear someone knocking on the front door. When You open it, You find Yourself staring down several thousand Orphaned Children! What's more, Your Orphanage doesn't have the room for them!

Keep researching immortality, or eternal youth.

[3] You try to research Eternal Youth, and discover the benefits of strict dieting and rigorous exercise! You're remarkably healthy and fit for Your age, but You aren't any Younger.

Warp my sense of direction so that it can be used to teleport.

[5] Using Your mind, You twist, bend, and break Your sense of direction with the aim of Teleportation! After a few days of trial and error, You master the art of Teleportation! You still haven't quite harnessed the ability to actually choose where You Teleport, but it's a start!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 11:17:15 am »

Reach the Root in a reference the GM may or may not get

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:38 pm »

Teach them Earth magic, and hollow out an underground chasm to house them all!
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 12:50:52 pm »

Modify the train engine with water and fire spells to make it a Steampunk train
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 02:19:52 pm »

Attempt to summon a manifestation of death to attack dividebyzero.. Oh, and have tea and sausages afterward.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 03:01:16 pm »

((Teleportation, Zoro style.))

Try to teleport to Castle Inaluct. Maybe I'll actually go there... maybe not.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 04:26:41 pm »

Attempt to transfer my soul into a Soul Jar, leave behind this feeble ( yet surprisingly fit ) body.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4