Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Twelfth Mech Squad IC  (Read 1612 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Twelfth Mech Squad IC
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 09:05:10 pm »

"Yes, I'd love a gutache and tooth rot for breakfast," Chiara finally chimes in with all of this talk of food as she stands in the corner, leaning slightly on one of the timbers. "Just gimme it black, plain and simple. Quick and gets you moving, 's all you need in the morning. Wouldn't mind hunting up some breakfast, though; the stuff they give you here keeps you alive, but that's about it. Need a different gun for that, though, this thing's gonna ruin anything I shoot with it." She pats the somewhat oversized revolver at her side.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:15:31 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 07:19:07 am »

"I wouldn't get too excited about hunting up our own breakfast. Everyone else probably got that idea too. And we aren't the first ones here. I applaud your natural industry but I don't think it'll amount to much. All of the game here will either have been shot dead or chased off by now. An army marches on its stomach, and we're got a lot of those around." Michela tosses the butt of her cigarette out of the window and starts lighting up another one before it even hits the ground. "You're right. Some coffee would be good right now. And some rice and eggs, like civilized people." The intended target of that last comment should be obvious to everyone. Rice and seafood were a staple diet across all of the islands. If you couldn't grow rice somewhere then it wasn't a piece of land worth settling. "So are we going to stand around and talk about food or actually get some?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 09:10:01 am »

"I wouldn't get too excited about hunting up our own breakfast. Everyone else probably got that idea too. And we aren't the first ones here. I applaud your natural industry but I don't think it'll amount to much. All of the game here will either have been shot dead or chased off by now. An army marches on its stomach, and we're got a lot of those around."

"Such a pessimist. We're early!" Osiro tsked, not without humor. "Are we not the tip of the spear? The first into the breach? We brave and happy few?" He says, giving a crisp Terralban military salute.

"You wan' a Karliovan drin'? Then you wan' honey in yer coffee, plen' of it, an' yer cannamon, an' make sure it's hot enough to scald a crow. Then yer add a drick o' rum, or jus' mead if you're feelin' gentle, an' you chop up a bit o' gulk and boil it 'til it's red. Tha's a drin', to dye the teeth."

"In proper society, Rum before noon, is far too soon." He chided, doubting his lessons in proper manners would be taken with much enthusiasm.

"And on that, I shall depart, though it is enjoyable chatting with all you...unique people. If there is coffee, it will be turning into road mud in a half hour...I am not sure if it is an improvement..." he said, affixing his belt and holster, checking his pistols safety. Then he strode out the door.

Action: Breakfast!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 12:10:26 pm »

"And some rice and eggs, like civilized people." The intended target of that last comment should be obvious to everyone.

Tam bristled.
"Mebbe yer shoul' take yer rice 'n eggs an' shove it up yer-"

Osiro interjected, perhaps fortunately, with his comment about rum, and the prickly tribeswoman cut off.
"Keh." she bit off, and stalked out the tent towards breakfast.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 12:12:27 pm »

Chiara simply rolls her eyes and also heads out for breakfast.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 12:26:53 pm »

Joachim just loads a Langenese revolver and some tools into his bag, before following everyone else to breakfast.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2016, 12:40:47 pm »

Annette follows shortly after, taking her own standard issue pistol. Unless it's against protocol or something. To breakfast!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 05:23:22 am »

"Our mechs are arriving tomorrow and we weren't the first ones here. You are a pilot, right? Then you should know how much equipment and infrastructure it takes to service one of those machines. Everyone else here has definitely been here a couple of weeks before us." Michela casually slings her SMG over her shoulder and heads to get breakfast along with everyone else.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2016, 08:02:35 am »

You head over to the mess hall.
The moment you walk inside, the room seems to explode into action as an argument reaches critical mass. People are nervously eyeing the central table, where eight soldiers are having a heated debate, four to a side. One of the men on the side closest to your group stands up and yells, "Fine then, you prick. Don't expect me or any of my men to save your ass out there!"
"That's fine," a man on the opposing side stands up too, "Don't expect any favours from the Tenth, asswipe."
"If that's the way you want to play it," a man who has clearly had too much alcohol stands up on the side closer to you and throws a haymaker at the guy who spoke. The eight men quickly became a rolling mess as they brawled around the floor, punching and kicking.

Annette follows shortly after, taking her own standard issue pistol. Unless it's against protocol or something. To breakfast!
When the scene unfolds before you, the hair on the back of your neck rises. On instinct, you look around and scan the canteen. A tall Edonese man with the insignia of a Private is staring straight at you with one eyebrow cocked. As he notices you looking, he jerks his head at the empty seat opposite him, where a coffee steams with no owner.

"Our mechs are arriving tomorrow and we weren't the first ones here. You are a pilot, right? Then you should know how much equipment and infrastructure it takes to service one of those machines. Everyone else here has definitely been here a couple of weeks before us." Michela casually slings her SMG over her shoulder and heads to get breakfast along with everyone else.
You notice the exchange between Annette and the Edonese guy. You recall that the Edonese were on the opposite side of the war. What was this guy doing here then?

The rest of you do not catch the exchange because of the scene unfolding before you. A group of three privates jump into the fray to try and break it up.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 08:09:48 am »

Tam, cheered up at the prospect of watching a fight, silently fetched herself a bowlful of breakfast and leaned against a pillar to watch the scrap.
What fun!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 08:19:38 am »

Chiara makes a sound somewhere between irritable grunt and irritable sigh and stalks forward into the brawl, attempting to physically haul the closest fighter away from his opponent. "Cut it out you goddamn idiots, this isn't a fucking school playground." She barks this loud enough to be heard over the din.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 08:21:54 am »

Annette thinks about it for a minute before walking over. Free coffee is free coffee.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 08:25:00 am »

Joachim makes his way over past the fight towards Annette. He has no interest in splitting up the fight; indeed, he just wants his food.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 09:19:18 am »

"Rum before noon..." One man grumbled, surveying the scene.

Osiro then waded in nobly, trying to break up the 'party', hopefully before the MP's came and arrested everyone.

Action: Help to break up the fight!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 [2]