Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Beta Testers: The Game [IC]  (Read 8036 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Testers: The Game [IC]
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2016, 01:32:12 pm »

The GM stares intensely at Mai, who has seemingly frozen in time.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2016, 05:42:18 pm »

Jeremmy suggests leaving Mai to thaw
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2016, 09:43:59 pm »

The GM agrees. They will now continue the story.

Try using the electricity powers of the ring.  Attempt to shoot lightning at any stables or hay bales in the castle courtyard.  Try and remain undetected.

You attempt to use the electrical powers provided by the ring, but instead get a small spark that causes your hair to stand slightly, and nothing else. You also manage to stay unnoticed, although going too far into the castle might prove difficult.

Jeremmy walks in and examines the shiny object.

As you examine the shiny thing in the wall, you begin to notice the earth around it somehow....shifting. The ring has a fairly basic design of mountains and valleys on it, although some of them seem to shift if you look closely. It falls into your hand, seemingly of your own accord, and by merely touching it you feel a great power stored within the ring.

Have the Squire investigate the darkness, sword ready to assist him.

[6] The squire, upon being told to investigate the darkness, stumbles and alerts the bats. Although they appear mostly harmless, you swing your sword and do nothing but smack a few, causing them to squeak in alarm and fly off.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2016, 01:02:19 am »

Sneak into the king's chambers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2016, 09:04:35 pm »

If I smacked a few, they should be dead, no?

Leave the carcasses as bait to attract something bigger. I want to fight them in the light if at all possible.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2016, 01:23:26 pm »

(oh, sorry.)

Jeremmy gives a "hmm." of interest, puts the ring on, and evokes its power in a random direction.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2016, 09:21:44 pm »

<<Sorry for the delay, busy moving across town :/>>

Sneak into the king's chambers.

[14]You get past the guards to the stairs, and get to what appears to be the king's chambers, but are almost caught by some guards, and barely hide in a random room. There appears to be someone else in the room...

If I smacked a few, they should be dead, no?

Leave the carcasses as bait to attract something bigger. I want to fight them in the light if at all possible.

<<Yep, they're dead. Or at least very dazed.>>

You leave what you assume to be the carcasses of some bats on the ground, in the hopes that something more interesting might come and want to fight you.

(oh, sorry.)

Jeremmy gives a "hmm." of interest, puts the ring on, and evokes its power in a random direction.

You wave your hand about in a random direction, and before you know it everyone and everything in the vacinity feels a great surge of power as the very stone of the cave comes to life in what appears to be a large, sentient humanoid stone golem.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2016, 09:23:03 pm »

See who's in the room.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2016, 01:23:21 am »

Jeremmy is pleased.

Mount the golem and command it to charge into the darkness, attacking anything which is neither myself, part of the cave's walls/floors/ceiling/non-living-decorations, nor the squire.
(actually, the golem can go ahead and smash those decorations.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:28:58 am by ironsnake345 »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2016, 03:09:12 am »

"Damn it Squire, you should be more like this man here,"

Follow after Jeremmy with my sword and shield. Rules of engagement: pre-emptively strike anything non-humanoid with a thrust at the head/torso, hold fire if we encounter something like a kobold or goblin or what-have-you. Anything Quell would mistake for a person.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2016, 10:31:24 pm »

See who's in the room.

You look around the room, and see a sleeping figure who is very clearly the princess of the castle. Or at least someone of great importance; it's a bit hard to tell, she's sleeping.

Jeremmy is pleased.

Mount the golem and command it to charge into the darkness, attacking anything which is neither myself, part of the cave's walls/floors/ceiling/non-living-decorations, nor the squire.
(actually, the golem can go ahead and smash those decorations.)

"Damn it Squire, you should be more like this man here,"

Follow after Jeremmy with my sword and shield. Rules of engagement: pre-emptively strike anything non-humanoid with a thrust at the head/torso, hold fire if we encounter something like a kobold or goblin or what-have-you. Anything Quell would mistake for a person.

Jeremmy commands the golem to run face first into the darkness, while smashing anything possibly threatening. He soon forces it to stop however, as the path appears to fade into nothingness over a vast, seemingly endless ravine in front of him. There is, however, a large, torch-lit city lower in the ravine; if you could find a way down there, you might find something interesting...

Meanwhile, Quell almost ran into the Golem, and is now standing next to him and the Squire is looking rather confused and worried.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2016, 10:45:19 pm »

Go back to the town and buy a rope, then affix rope to Golem and climb down.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2016, 11:13:23 pm »

Tell Quell to get some torches as well. Never know when you might need a torch in a cave-city. Follow Quell down the rope after it's fastened.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2016, 12:16:23 am »

Sneakily search room for any valuables.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2016, 06:17:17 pm »

Go back to the town and buy a rope, then affix rope to Golem and climb down.
Tell Quell to get some torches as well. Never know when you might need a torch in a cave-city. Follow Quell down the rope after it's fastened.

After Quell makes a quick trip to the town for torches and rope, he affixes the rope to the Golem and begins climbing down, with Jeremmy not far behind. Once they are a quarter of the way down the rope, say, 50 feet, the Golem stops moving and returns to it's natural un-living stone state, although it holds it's shape. The two are at the bottom of the rope, and nearby there is a ledge. It's not the village, but there could be a cave or another way down. Or somewhere to anchor another rope.

Sneakily search room for any valuables.

[24] [15] You manage to search the entire room rather stealthily, and find various gold necklaces and rings, among other types of jewelry; all are presumably worth a small fortune. Noticing a painting on the wall, you peak behind it and find a lever. Pulling it may wake the occupant of the room.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:59:03 am by chaotic skies »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6