Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 38787 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2016, 10:40:54 pm »

((...shh. You weren't supposed to notice that ;D I also would like to investigate the ground floor before we go to any other floors, just to be safe. Don't want any alien death penii to come out of the unexplored shadows.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:33 am »

You both run over to the staircase. The bug man as done a number on it, smashing and bending the metal stairs and making them completely unusable. You can tell from this level that there are three floors in this building, and it looks like the beetle man came out of the second floor. Because the doors to the second floor are blown the hell out. The beetle man is no where to be seen though; he must have made a break for it.

((I'm not seeing the "it's clearly on the second floor" bit. only "it clearly came from the second floor." either way, the stairs are useless, which is why I was asking where you were trying to search.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2016, 12:44:03 pm »

Spoiler: chaotic (click to show/hide)

Try to find another way up stairs besides the elevator; I don't trust the elevator.
There are two rooms in the hall here that you haven't explored, and one back in the Cubicle farm that's still unopened. The two in the hall have signs outside them; the one closest to the stairs reads "Copy Room" and the one further back, nearer to the elevators, reads "Storage".  The one back in the offices simply reads "Offices 113,114,115". None of these are particularly encouraging as far as having a way upstairs goes. You tap the flat of your sword against your leg and stare at the ground, thinking. [15, mind roll failed] You don't see any possible way up other than the elevators. And now that you've decided, you're not really keen on hearing anyone else's ideas.

((Have fun!))

"...huh. Well that's obviously not going to work. Oh! Hey guys? Do any of you think it might be a good idea to take any samples with us, of the two we've killed at least?"

Go back to the cubicle room. Be ready to run like hell if I hear anything that might go all alien death penii on my face. Slowly open the door on the south side of the room, being extremely cautious, before entering and searching the room. Shoot anything that needs shooting.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
((Keep fucking modifying an earlier post rather than quoting it.))

"I thought we were going to explore this room? You know, hunt the thing down? Eh."

Eh. Just follow Miller.

boolet: expend
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)
You creep back into the cubicle farm and over to the door on the west wall. You try the handle and find that its unlocked. After cracking it open and taking a cautious peak into the darkness, you open the door and turn on the lights. The room beyond the door is a hallway which goes first to the right and then turns left. There's a door directly across from the entrance to the hall, with the label "Office 113". The hall is an uninteresting white drywall, the doors are fauxwood with bronze numbering, almost like something you'd expect to see in a hotel. You follow the hall around till it turns left and peek down it. Two more doors, 114 and 115, identical to the first. No clue as to what any of these offices hold, but everything is quiet. It sounds as though the place is deserted and there are no signs of violence. You try the handle to 113 but its locked.

Asshole tags along the entire time, making various kung fu noises and charlie's angels poses with his SMG and Shield. He seems extremely happy with how the last encounter went.

"Give me one of those pills."

Steal a coagulant. I'm fucked up.
You snatch the pill out of Toby's hand and swallow it. (1. You recover 1 strength now and that's it.)  You feel a bit better but considering the major problem was your ribs being snapped, stopping blood loss might not be the most advantageous avenue of medical aid. Still, you're on your feet and you feel good enough to fight, but not at your prime.

Giving one coagulant to Cai (deducted.) Cover Grant and chaotic as they explore theroom south of the cubicle room. Cover them from the door way into the hall until they move into the south room, then approach the doorway to that room, unless creaky McHeavyweight upstairs starts making a fuss.

I don't think they'll care much about the samples, but go ahead. We'll probably have more samples before we die anyway. And I am already a sample, so I damned well better be compensated for bringing back this little bit of 'evidence.'

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)
You hand the pill to Cai and then follow Grant, Asshole and Cai. Cai stands around in the cubicle room while Asshole and Grant head into the other offices; you stand at the doorway, trying to keep an eye on both rooms. Things are quiet for now. You run your hand across the aching spot on your chest. It feels strange so you look down at it. The flesh around the injury has mostly healed over with a scaly scab like formation. It really does feel like scales, a mass of hard, overlapping cartilaginous pieces.  You expore the inside of your mouth with your tongue, probing the sockets where your teeth fell out, and you find new teeth are regrowing in their place. Much sharper teeth, with a distinct backward curve to them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2016, 01:12:44 pm »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2016, 02:17:01 pm »

Load standard ammo into the pistol. Listen to the door. If I don't hear anything that sounds hostile, shoot out the lock and kick the door in. Let Asshole dive in front of me if there's baddies. Search for anything useful/interesting. Repeat with rooms 114 and 115.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:00:07 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2016, 02:52:03 pm »

"Aw yeah. Preparing to provide tacticool support, dude."

If there's hostiles in 113, dive in front of Miller and give him some motherfucking fire support, ya dig?

Blank
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:46:35 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2016, 06:54:36 pm »

Advance enough to provide firing support for the frontline guys. Clear thse three rooms then maybe get everyone back together in the main hall to prep for the other side of the hall.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2016, 07:48:32 pm »

Help people clear rooms. Cut through doors like I did to the door in the Lobby if needed.

Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2016, 08:39:44 pm »

"Thanks. Maybe now I won't bleed out internally."

Keep pistol in hand. Stay well in the back, prepared to shoot.

((HAHA still >50% hit chance. Melee would be best but FUCK if I'm gonna frontline.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2016, 12:08:23 pm »

"Aw yeah. Preparing to provide tacticool support, dude."

If there's hostiles in 113, dive in front of Miller and give him some motherfucking fire support, ya dig?

Blank
Load standard ammo into the pistol. Listen to the door. If I don't hear anything that sounds hostile, shoot out the lock and kick the door in. Let Asshole dive in front of me if there's baddies. Search for anything useful/interesting. Repeat with rooms 114 and 115.

Advance enough to provide firing support for the frontline guys. Clear thse three rooms then maybe get everyone back together in the main hall to prep for the other side of the hall.
Help people clear rooms. Cut through doors like I did to the door in the Lobby if needed.

"Thanks. Maybe now I won't bleed out internally."

Keep pistol in hand. Stay well in the back, prepared to shoot.

((HAHA still >50% hit chance. Melee would be best but FUCK if I'm gonna frontline.))

One room after another the group cuts their way in. Rooms 114 and 115 are offices. Bookshelves filled with folders and technical manuals or books about complex and specific subjects, lacquered dark wood desks, executive ball clickers, fancy name plates and quite advanced looking computers built into the previously mentioned desks. The computers in both rooms are on, and both of them display a lovely green field and blue sky motif along with dialog box asking for a password to log in. The other room, 113 isn't an office at all; its a server room, three racks of black metal with thin black servers all connected together with carefully bundled blue wires. Cooling fans hum inside the cases and the entire room is chilly, something like 60 degrees. These rooms, all of them, appear to be untouched. Nothing is out of place, there is no sign of violence or so much as a single pen out of place. It smells of nothing but slightly stale air and the only sound is the hum of electronics.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2016, 01:20:01 pm »

"Well, that works. On to the other two then?"

Go to the unopened west east rooms. Open the south one. Listen first, then try the handle. If locked, shoot it out, or wait for a teammate to cut it open. Hit the lights, kill what needs to be killed, search the room. Repeat for the north one.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:42:48 pm by renegadelobster »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2016, 02:34:09 pm »

[Mind: 9 (Failure)]
"Damn boring offices."

Take point!

Blakn

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2016, 06:43:39 pm »

"Guys..." Ciaphas takes a shallow, pained breath, "Hold up. Check for passwords."

Search desks for a password to a compy, maybe. Load hollow-point ammo into gun.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2016, 06:57:28 pm »

"It shouldn't take all of us to check. Grab someone to help you, while we finish clearing the other rooms. Scream in pain if you need help. Heh."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2016, 09:14:19 pm »

Move with the group to the east rooms (east, renegade, east). Provide cover, first from the doorway out of the cubicle room while they kick in the southeast door, and then from the southeast doorway, should they advance into that room. Same thing to the north, should we make it that far this round. Evaluate my state of mind - am i losing control to the mutation, or do I remain in control, except in regard to the fucking strength stim?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20