Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 38778 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2016, 05:33:27 pm »

((HEY PW. Is it possible to aim for specific body parts in this? If so, we should probably aim for the wings. They're presumably thinner than the rest of the body, and provide it enough mobility to rush up to us and attack in a single turn.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2016, 04:10:09 pm »

"Keep firing!"

Keep firing. Aim for the head or the abdomen, whichever is an easier target. Same as before, don't hit teammates, only move if it looks like it's coming at me. Otherwise, stay behind Asshole's shield.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)

((Took one round off for the failed round, and 4 for the several shots. Nevermind.))
(I made a typo. Asshole is guarding toby, not you.)
You peak back around the corner and put a round into the creature's lower back. The bullet pierces through the thick armor with a sound like a 2x4 cracking in half. The insect man staggers slightly but his attention remains firmly glued to Chaotic.

Another point (This is two rounds of damage; I'm ticking early. If I get stabilized, I'm off by one.). Bleedy fun time.
Gurgle blurgle Blood loss

Spoiler: chaotic "ow that hurt" (click to show/hide)

Attempt to stab him again, this time be prepared to duck out of the way in case of attacks, and try to hit his front.
((That "be prepared to duck" doesn't do anything mechanically))
You regain your footing and leap foward again, driving the sword straight into the beetle man's carapace lined chest. You aim for a space between two plates and sink the the blade a good few inches into the flesh, releasing a slow flow of bluish ichor. The beetle's vertical mandibles open and and screeches at you, a fleshy, tooth studded ring of muscle flexing behind the heavy pincer jaws.

Kneel, so that my legs are covered by the shield. Aim the SMG over the top of the shield, so that my whole body except my arm is covered. Hold down the trigger.

dunno: lol
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)

You drop to one knee and lift the smg over the top of the shield. It's not very easy to shoot in this position, with the weapon held at an angle above your head, but you manage, just barely. You spray several rounds into the creature, filling it full of small holes that leak neon blue fluid down onto to shiny red carapace. It doesn't stagger from the assault, but it does seem to be slowing down.

Toby takes a battle stim and keeps shooting.

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)
((I'm gonna say that Taking a stim is a complete action so no shooting this turn.))
(Failed the roll, lose those mind points. 2 of them.)

You dig a battle stim out of your bang and press the autoinjector up to your neck. The stuff comes into your veins with a burning sensation, like you injected Tabasco. It fills you with a warm, confident feeling. And then the burning reaches your head and your vision starts to go red. You feel angry. You feel amped up. Your body is twitching, you feel an almost frustrated need to punch and kick and fight.

The beetle man suddenly spreads his wings and takes off down the hall. He barrels into Chaotic and knocks him to the ground (2 damage) before vanishing up the stairwell at the end of the hall.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2016, 04:33:50 pm »

Toby uses Medkit on unconscous fellow. Toby was also taking that battle stim on the assumption that he'd get a shot off this turn, as per previously stated game mechanics.

"Well, two of the three of these things we have met have been brutal. and there's that really heavy guy upstairs. And now the bug has alerted it's fellows, if the explosion and gunfire hadn't already. I'm goingto go out on a limb here and say we are fucked.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2016, 04:51:41 pm »

Spoiler: chaotic (click to show/hide)

Try to avoid anything hostile.

"I'd have to agree with you. If nothing else, that big guy's going to be...difficult to take care of, if what we've seen so far is anything to go off of."
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2016, 06:05:39 pm »

((It's all good))

"I'm pretty sure bugman there was what was upstairs. He just took the express route through the ceiling to meet us earlier. And we're all fucked anyways, might as well make some more money for our debts. I'm gonna head up the stairs, hopefully not die immediately."

Reload the pistol. Move up the stairs cautiously, be ready to run back down them if something tries to kill me. If I can get a shot off on the bugman, put some more rounds into his abdomen/lower back. Pray to the various gods I don't die.

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2016, 06:42:27 pm »

"Hey! Wait up, bro! No going alone, ya dig broski?"

Run after Miller. Make sure I'm walking ahead of him and covering him with the shield. Shoot nasty things, obviously.

boolet: expend
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:49:46 pm by Egan_BW »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2016, 10:37:58 am »

I'm heading out to Super toy Con today, so I'm doing a quick post here first.

Toby uses Medkit on unconscous fellow. Toby was also taking that battle stim on the assumption that he'd get a shot off this turn, as per previously stated game mechanics.

"Well, two of the three of these things we have met have been brutal. and there's that really heavy guy upstairs. And now the bug has alerted it's fellows, if the explosion and gunfire hadn't already. I'm goingto go out on a limb here and say we are fucked.

Well, you can blame ol' drug spamming Sy for that rule change. If you want to undo taking it, both the boost and the malus, then you can.

You get mr crushed sternum back on is feet.
((It's all good))

"I'm pretty sure bugman there was what was upstairs. He just took the express route through the ceiling to meet us earlier. And we're all fucked anyways, might as well make some more money for our debts. I'm gonna head up the stairs, hopefully not die immediately."

Reload the pistol. Move up the stairs cautiously, be ready to run back down them if something tries to kill me. If I can get a shot off on the bugman, put some more rounds into his abdomen/lower back. Pray to the various gods I don't die.

"Hey! Wait up, bro! No going alone, ya dig broski?"

Run after Miller. Make sure I'm walking ahead of him and covering him with the shield. Shoot nasty things, obviously.

You both run over to the staircase. The bug man as done a number on it, smashing and bending the metal stairs and making them completely unusable. You can tell from this level that there are three floors in this building, and it looks like the beetle man came out of the second floor. Because the doors to the second floor are blown the hell out. The beetle man is no where to be seen though; he must have made a break for it.

Try to avoid anything hostile.

"I'd have to agree with you. If nothing else, that big guy's going to be...difficult to take care of, if what we've seen so far is anything to go off of."
You stand perfectly still and attract no attention.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2016, 11:08:52 am »

Well, you can blame ol' drug spamming Sy for that rule change. If you want to undo taking it, both the boost and the malus, then you can.

What's done is done. It wouldn't be right to take it back just because I got a malus and no shot. Metagaming and all. Just try not to change the rule mid turn like that, or give me a chance to respond first.

Action turn later. Tired Ozarck is tired.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2016, 11:25:51 am »

Try to find another way up stairs besides the elevator; I don't trust the elevator.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2016, 11:47:44 am »

((Have fun!))

"...huh. Well that's obviously not going to work. Oh! Hey guys? Do any of you think it might be a good idea to take any samples with us, of the two we've killed at least?"

Go back to the cubicle room. Be ready to run like hell if I hear anything that might go all alien death penii on my face. Slowly open the door on the south side of the room, being extremely cautious, before entering and searching the room. Shoot anything that needs shooting.

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2016, 05:12:41 pm »

"Give me one of those pills."

Steal a coagulant. I'm fucked up.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2016, 07:37:17 pm »

Giving one coagulant to Cai (deducted.) Cover Grant and chaotic as they explore theroom south of the cubicle room. Cover them from the door way into the hall until they move into the south room, then approach the doorway to that room, unless creaky McHeavyweight upstairs starts making a fuss.

I don't think they'll care much about the samples, but go ahead. We'll probably have more samples before we die anyway. And I am already a sample, so I damned well better be compensated for bringing back this little bit of 'evidence.'

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2016, 07:48:58 pm »

((Keep fucking modifying an earlier post rather than quoting it.))

"I thought we were going to explore this room? You know, hunt the thing down? Eh."

Eh. Just follow Miller.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2016, 09:33:58 pm »

((explore which room? hunt which thing? The flying beetle went into thestairway, fucked the stairway up, and skedaddled, probably upward. There's no other direction for it to have gone, unless pw failed to mention a downstairs or other exit.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2016, 09:50:20 pm »

((The description pretty clearly states that it's on the second floor. I think that renegade is just being a big old coward. :P))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20