Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomacy and Conquest  (Read 2357 times)

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Diplomacy and Conquest
« on: July 16, 2016, 10:18:42 am »

How do I, after becoming lord of a site, add other sites to my territory? Should I be lord multiple sites at once? Also, what do I need to have access to the "pay homage" demand and what do I need to make them actually agree to it?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy and Conquest
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 11:49:21 am »

I just shout loudly at my screen. If the sprites don't bow down, it's capital punishment for everyone.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 12:03:48 pm »

The demand tribute thing is available when you're a lord of a site, can't currently become the same lord/lady over multiple sites at once, but you can make multiple claims which can co-exist to some extent (you can offer the position to someone else for any of them and/or make/offer tribute for any of those groups) though the oldest active one is the "main" one I think, because if you retire at a newer site you claimed it puts you back at the oldest existing claim you have.

Getting them to pay homage was broken, it was supposed to be fixed but I haven't had any luck yet, previously I would tell them about my feats until they knew I was a legendary hero/hunter/protector/etc and demand tribute, some capitulate there, some I grab their weapon and disarm them, most yield at that point and capitulate, and a few required me to do stuff like catch their punches and break wrists or slay their hearthpeople trying to help before they would give in.

Hasn't worked for me in 43.05 yet.

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 02:50:39 pm »

Damn, that's a real pain. I was going to unite my entire island under my glorious empire, since most of it had gotten their shit stomped by the large number of forgotten beasts that spawned there instead of the mainland.

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 04:21:27 am »

I managed to get a bandit camp to pay homage to me by telling them about the five different legendary beasts I've slain.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 04:45:59 am »

the biggest problem I had is getting hearthpeople, like what do you do to convince someone to become a royal henchmen since I heard that's one way to get access of taking over other sites with out becoming a new lord or lady.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 08:01:21 am »

Generally, I am able to get nearly any warrior to join me by asking them to become a hearthsperson. I'm still trying to get a human town to pay me homage.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 09:24:14 am »

Generally, I am able to get nearly any warrior to join me by asking them to become a hearthsperson. I'm still trying to get a human town to pay me homage.
hmm probably my pacifist life style probably robbing me loyal members.
wonder if I write a bunch of good songs that would push folks to hearthing?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 02:50:37 pm »

I'd try getting them to join your troop as performers first.

Although pacifism sounds dangerously Elfish.

At seven megabeasts I got a hamlet to swear fealty. Don't seem to have the option to make dwarves settlements swear fealty.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 09:24:29 am »

Forcing them to "pay homage" is basically vasselizing them.

In the middle ages, a lord would vassalizie other lords, which puts them in a subordinate position, they still owned their village they just were called into wars by their lord (who vasselized their lord)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 06:18:38 pm »

The demand tribute thing is available when you're a lord of a site, can't currently become the same lord/lady over multiple sites at once, but you can make multiple claims which can co-exist to some extent (you can offer the position to someone else for any of them and/or make/offer tribute for any of those groups) though the oldest active one is the "main" one I think, because if you retire at a newer site you claimed it puts you back at the oldest existing claim you have.

Getting them to pay homage was broken, it was supposed to be fixed but I haven't had any luck yet, previously I would tell them about my feats until they knew I was a legendary hero/hunter/protector/etc and demand tribute, some capitulate there, some I grab their weapon and disarm them, most yield at that point and capitulate, and a few required me to do stuff like catch their punches and break wrists or slay their hearthpeople trying to help before they would give in.

Hasn't worked for me in 43.05 yet.

Its quite sad