Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stopping the bleeding?  (Read 3233 times)

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
Stopping the bleeding?
« on: July 14, 2016, 10:18:38 pm »

Is there any way my adventurer can bandage wounds, pinch off arteries, etc, any way to stop severe bleeding? Or does a good stab/slash basically spell the end of an adventure?

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping the bleeding?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 10:24:14 pm »

From what I know bleeding isn't too big of a issue, even severe bleeding, there was times I recovered from mortal wounds, If possible, try sleeping.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:27:59 pm »

From what I know bleeding isn't too big of a issue, even severe bleeding, there was times I recovered from mortal wounds, If possible, try sleeping.

I've actually never tried that before, so thank you for the advice, but from what I've seen, I'm not allowed to fast travel (and thus unrealistically heal from all my wounds) if I'm heavy bleeding

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:28:31 pm »

As a human adventurer I had a great fall and broke several bones, and my entire spine iirc.
Looking through the Shift+Z -> health screen, bones were stated as 'needs setting'.
Slept for 2 hours and the wounds are gone, the bones are whole again, all that's left are scars (Shift+Z -> desc)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 11:01:20 pm »

Does performing help? People mention it all the time for some reason.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 03:49:51 am »

Does performing help? People mention it all the time for some reason.
It used to help, but was secretly nerfed. Now if you're dying too hard to Fast Travel you're also dying too hard to compose poetry.

-- edit Oh, sorry, performing. Might help. Give it a go I guess.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:51:26 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Jako98145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 03:37:10 pm »

Basically the only way you'll die from blood loss is if you're stuck in a goblin pit/dark fortress.  Or, of course, if you fail to end a fight

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 08:58:26 pm »

Some of the actions that off-load into fast travel (performing as Bumber/Shonai_Dweller mention), could work as an exploit. Haven't tested the idea of felling trees, as this also off-loads to fast travel screen (so as to stop bleeding). Isn't that the reason why fast travel heals? Because of the off-loading, then the re-constituting?

From a prep/precautionary standpoint: depending on the wound, starting with high/superior Recuperation shortens bleed time. The best a peasant can have is high since you really can't spare the points. With a demigod, you could go with superior. You do see a slight difference in status effect duration with high recup. Is it necessarily worth it? YMMV, I like what it does (re:winded effect) as I've started all of my peasants in the last few months with high recup.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:22:17 pm by peasant cretin »