Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ragnarok: Eldritch God Game OOC (5/5)  (Read 4297 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Ragnarok: Eldritch God Game OOC (5/5)
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:22:01 am »

((IC Thread))

A island of existence, a tiny fragile bubble within the gnawing nothingness. Five refugees break through the shimmering film with a light pop. They feel eyes that are not eyes watch them through a thin film, horrible teeth gnawing, causing the film to indent. Though the five may not agree on everything, none of them wish to die.

At the centre of the bubble lies a tiny golden pearl, which seems to be what is creating this refuge. Slowly it begins to pulse in time with the heartbeats of the gods, their every breath causing a ripple along the surface of the bubble. Perhaps here the five can survive.

Feverishly they begin work, trying to stave off the endless hunger, the Devourer.

I will be taking five players to play five gods, who have been fleeing hungering entropy that steadily consumes all that is. Their best efforts to stop it have at best slowed it down, but this bubble seems like it could be what they had hoped for, a safe haven. It is now your job to strengthen the fragile wall and create worshippers to empower you so that you do not become as the devourer.

Gods will be chosen on merit. I'll start as soon as I have 5 players I'm satisfied with.

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b] What is the name your worshippers cried out as you were powerless to save them?
[b]Roles:[/b] Each god will take up two mantles, which will form the foundation of this new creation. Choose wisely. You are then responsible for affairs within your role, and if poorly managed this will weaken the reality bulwark. (Pick two spheres)
[b]Symbol:[/b] Your signifier, will appear on all things you make.
[b]Appearance:[/b] None have escaped Ragnarok unscathed, what scars do you bear?
[b]Everything Else:[/b] Feel free to write a biography, personality, goals, or anything else here.

No secret actions

Spoiler: Doing Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gaining Power (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Danger Lurks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:56:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok: Eldritch God Game OOC (0/5) Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:24:25 am »

Reserved

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:42:42 am »

Name: Sayyart
Roles: Oceans, Armaments
Symbol: A cannonball.
Appearance: An immense whale-like creature, Sayyart bears the fleeting remnants of the worlds and followers he has left behind. Ships of all kinds stick out from his hide with ghostly apparitions sometimes seen at their stations. Other parts of her body bear tentacles, fins, teeth, polyps and yet other features of long dead children and servants. Portions of her body are transparent, showing a bountiful sea within the whale's body.
Everything Else: Sayyart remembers much but must care not. She remembers the birth of her first world, her first children, but cannot recall their names. She remembers the terrors of the sailors that once crossed her domain and their ardent prayers once they reached port. She remembers the lovely maidens sacrificed in her name, but no longer felt the love she used to. It was all gone now, into the maw of the Devourer. To care for those departed would only trouble her, now Sayyart needed to be like the ocean storm; uncaring and strong so that one day, her children could survive in Eternity without fear of the True Death. Sayyart willed it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:10:07 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 09:43:54 am »

Put me on the player list, sheet coming when I wake up.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:43 am »

Name: Valosh
Roles: Darkness, Cruelty
Symbol: A spiral
Appearance: Valosh is an entity composed entirely of shadows. He bears a rough humanoid figure by nature, but can easily reform his shape into any other. However, he bears no eyes, or ocular organs of any kind. Valosh is entirely blind, inspiring him to create darkness everywhere so that all other creatures must endure his pain.
Everything Else: It is told that once Valosh did indeed bear eyes, but even he himself cannot imagine what sight might be. His eternity of blindness has made him bitter, and he constantly lashes out at others. He is practically emotionless, but does derive joy from the destruction of other's creations, and the protection of his own. His goal is to eventually turn the entire universe entirely black.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 11:36:13 am »

I hope you don't mind if i recycle an old God from another god game

Name: Wieland
Roles: Artifice, Outcasts
Symbol: A Smithing Hammer with an attached Chain
Appearance: A man in the clothing of a smith, once propably standing tall and proud, Wieland is bent by...something, one of his legs is crippled and several loose chains are attached to it, clearly the man had been a prisoner several times and managed to escape...it will be seen if he can repeat the feat more often.
Everything Else: Wieland has seen many a world, part of uncounted mythologies, religions and stories, the crippled smith has been ostracized, cast out and imprisoned more times than he can count. All because of his gift at creating weapons, armors and items of great power and beauty. The once naive and generous young god has been twisted, not only by other gods or the devourer, but also by the beliefs of his followers over the endless millenia that he has lived. These days he is grumpy, reclusive and slow to trust and few of his creations ever leave his hands or his stores.

((simply liked playing that character, i hope i am allowed to do so again although this time with a darker twist.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:31:20 pm by Ghazkull »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 11:38:47 am »

I don't mind.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 12:25:10 am »

Bump?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 12:32:16 am »

Name: Nixitar
Roles: Fire and Healing
Symbol: An untouched hand wreathed in flame
Appearance: Nixitar's original form was that of a suit of steel and silk armour, inside of which his true flame resided, forming his face and allowing for rivulets of heat and light to run through the patterns embedded in the metal.  But that was long ago.  Now only his head, right arm and a stump of a torso remain, the rest of his body gone, and the diagonal cut across his armour melted into molten slag, like metallic scar tissue.   
Everything Else: Nixitar hailed from a world where he had many brothers and sisters.  All the elements had a pantheon, each pantheon reflecting different aspects of the element.  Fire was fire.  It burned, it danced, it destroyed, but it also gave life.  That was Nixitar's domain.  The scorching fire that can kill a plague before it takes root also can save the near-stillborn child with its warmth. Nixitar was kind to all who needed his aid, preferring to leave the more well known aspects of the Flame to his more destructive and vivacious siblings. 

Everything changed when the Devourer came. It destroyed Nixitar's siblings, his worshippers and all the other pantheons.  Now the God of Fire, Healing and Life tended to his own wounds, hoping that whatever fire he has left is enough to build something new, and defend it from destruction.

((Also, absolutely loving the slew of god games going through Forum Games at the moment ))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:49:06 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 02:17:12 am »

Name: Kiln
Roles: Souls, Music
Symbol: A box
Appearance: A floating box, bobbing in the air. The top right part of it is covered by a velvet cloth, it seeming that some part was torn off. Some very faint glowing seeps through the cloth.
Everything Else: It was a box that held souls lost soon, and oh how they knew well how to croon.

It kept them safe from all known dear, at least that is what they would hear.

Little thieves would try to chip and nick, but they could go and bite yon far stick.

The box would learn to move and go, it would heed the well sung croon so.

It did once came to a good rest, which one hunger did well go nest.

The hunger did bite yon far width and box did lose one more parts fifth.

(Sorry for the couplets, this is about the best I got.)
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok: Eldritch God Game OOC (5/5)
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 06:57:49 am »

Changing into a PTW, unless there will be a waitlist.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 07:16:35 am »

Changing into a PTW, unless there will be a waitlist.
There will maybe be a waitlist.

IC Posted, all five who made sheets (Micelus, Coolrune, Ghazkull, NRDL, SMMI) were accepted.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 07:47:47 am »

Huh, I must have missed this. If there does end up being a waitlisted, let me know.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 10:01:38 am »

Was the intro okay? I know I took some liberties with some of the gods but my muse demanded it.  :-\

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 10:17:08 am »

Excellent!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: [1] 2 3 4