Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Next Release, lets start planning :D  (Read 1782 times)

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
Re: Next Release, lets start planning :D
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 03:44:00 am »

I'll probably throw myself in the way of a few challenges just to get learning fast. I'll pick a frigid map because I never have before and I don't want to get comfy with my usual leafy/calm maps that I play on.

Tower design:
Next, I'm going to pick a 8x8 area and dig a moat around. I'll use the dirt to build a wall right around it so I have a sealed off 6x6 area. Then I'll floor it (give it a ceiling) and do it again. I'm dig down into the tower for more dirt and slowly expand in both directions.

Doing this, I'll find out how computer-resource demanding it is to build over several levels, and I'll find out some of the other challenges such a siphoning water where I need it, and just how unlucky I can be not starting near to magma. I'll also be testing the workshop>storage>bedrooms plan all in the one neat building, as well as building a trap bridge across the empty moat. When the bridge disappears, the creatures fall down and my dwarves can use the door on the lowest level to collect their booty (probably a door on every level due to the mining down of the moat, all of them except the lowest opening onto air) .

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 04:22:00 am »

Desert Map. I plan to dig straight down. All wood must come from humans.
I figure that if I start on more difficult maps like that, it's going to make friendlier maps much easier. Unless they have elephants.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »

My challenge on the first play of the new version:
- as unfriendly to life glacier map as possible
- begin with 1 novice miner, 1 novice grower and 2 novice warriors, nothing more.
Pages: 1 [2]