Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Interest check: Princess: the Hopeful  (Read 1932 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check: Princess: the Hopeful
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 11:47:47 am »

I don't often laptop.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 11:39:49 pm »

Bump. I'm serious about this, I'd really like to run a campaign like this. If voice chat is too scary, I guess it could be reduced to text chat, but I'd still prefer real-time.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 11:43:28 pm »

When would the real time stuff usually be done?
because y'know timezones
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 11:47:09 pm »

That's best decided after I know who's playing, not before. Probably on the weekend, though.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 11:47:42 pm »

fair 'nuff
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 11:56:42 pm »

I like the setting, especially since hopeful bits are my favorite bits in the World of Darkness line, just not keen on the real time bit.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »

A would-be player has got so enthusiastic about this that they have already started creating a character. This will definitely be a thing, even if there will only be a couple players.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 02:23:20 pm »

that's me
hello
this game is hype
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:10 pm »

I could possibly do text chat....

I'm not sure I could do, like, Roll20, however, because it hates mobile users.  Maybe, though, depends on some stuff I don't know yet and when the game actually starts.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:20 pm »

A would-be player has got so enthusiastic about this that they have already started creating a character. This will definitely be a thing, even if there will only be a couple players.

What sort of campaign are you looking for in this case? We going into the Cambodian jungle to kill Princess Kurtz, exploring the seedy underbelly of downtown Cleveland as intrepid hookers with hearts of gold, trying to get by in Marisu Raven Way's School for the Disgustingly Gifted, riding into space battle in shining armor to avert the dark prophecy of Anstruther, reclaiming the fabled Sword of Bipartisanship to become the champions that America needs, but not the ones it deserves, Blossoming during a journalistic trip to Las Vegas to cover a motorcycle race or what?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:31:10 pm by Harry Baldman »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 03:30:23 pm »

I haven't started writing the campaign yet, which makes the whole already-creating-characters part slightly baffling. I have some basic ideas, like having the characters be in the early-twenties age fork and being set in a small town near a big city in England. I also have a few shadows of villains lurking around and a few sparks of intrigue for plots, but that's about it. This thread was meant to be an interest check to keep me from writing a campaign nobody would ever play.

If you want a headstart, read the Pre-GMC edition of the rulebook, as I don't have God-Machine Chronicles. I'll gladly walk y'all through the Core parts of character creation, once I get my things in order.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:41:17 am by IcyTea31 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 03:32:51 pm »

I could probably do text chat. Definitely not voice chat, but text chat isn't impossible.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 03:42:07 pm »

Aw, pre-GMC? I read the first two chapters of the newest one, and while it doesn't really have the sheer style of Genius and it's quite uniquely horrible in its chapter divisions, it seems kind of all right thus far.

Well, that and I kind of like the beats and getting mad XP for inviting horrible disaster part of the rules change. Besides, isn't there a free pamphlet floating around describing the differences of GMC vs. regular NWoD?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 03:54:23 pm »

Besides, isn't there a free pamphlet floating around describing the differences of GMC vs. regular NWoD?
If there is, I'd appreciate a link.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »

If there is, I'd appreciate a link.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/114078/World-of-Darkness-GodMachine-Rules-Update

I haven't really read it, but that's the one I was thinking of. Maybe now that I've actually played a WoD game I might be able to make heads and/or tails of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3