Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hope's Peak Academy new campus: Apoapsis Academy! *Application thread*  (Read 3406 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

Hello parents, Guardians, and gifted students! We're glad you clicked your way into a new possible venture for any Ultimate Students you may know and/or be! Space!

We are Hope's Peak Academy, and with generous sponsoring by the Future Foundation, we're now able to present to you a Brand New Opportunity! But first, a little bit about ourselves!

Hope's Peak Academy is an old institution dedicated to training the very best in their field, the Ultimates! Our alumni have ranged from the Ultimate Sushi Chef to the Ultimate Gambler, the Ultimate Lucky Student to the Ultimate Ultimate Student Fanatic! Students are selected from the population of the entire planet to fulfill two requirements: to be the best in their field, and to be in high school. We take the cream of the crop, the very best of the best... And train and improve their abilities to help them achieve even higher hopes for the future, and to combat the despairing masses of humanity!

Now, in addition to all our campuses across the Earth, we've stretched our reach even further... Hope's Peak has entered Space! Our new Apoapsis Academy is rightfully named, for it represents the highest point of Hope ever achieved by man!

Only Sixteen Students can apply, however. Space is limited! So send in your applications now, and you or your loved one too may find yourself boldly going where no Ultimate Student has gone before... APOAPSIS ACADEMY!

Hope's Peak Academy, the Future Foundation, Apoapsis Academy and any subsidiaries thereof do not take responsibility for any ursine takeovers, tragic murders, or gameshows students at Apoapsis Academy may partake in. Hope's Peak and all affiliated agencies assume no responsibility for the actions of students or teachers at Apoapsis academy. Food, Housing, Education, and Medical Care will be provided on site. Please do not worry if your child does not make contact with you for several months. This is completely normal. Also do not worry if they appear to be participating in a Killing Game on worldwide television. Apoapsis Academy ensures the safety of all students, except from other students. Please Despair.

The Academy has provided the following sheet to be filled out and sent along with personal information to permit the scouters to do their work. We're glad to offer you this unique, non-threatening opportunity!

Once your application is accepted, a profile will be created in your new Student Handbook, which you will receive on Orientation Day from the Headmaster. Please do not trade or swap Handbooks!

Spoiler: Game Rules (Meta) (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Okay then so any questions first of all I've had this idea for a while!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile

Aaaahhhhhg papper work
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Sheet coming soon...
Edit: You know what this is a bit too smart for me right now, gonna wait for other character sheets and than post a sheet.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:06:23 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Okay then so any questions first of all I've had this idea for a while!
Accepted! Am I correct in surmising that she lacks the vibrancy of the portrait you gave and instead looks a bit weathered? The lack of sleep in particular makes me think she'd look a bit beat up and stressed.

Emiya Syndrome should add some interesting interaction, especially given some of my NPCs on file.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

So many dangit grampa games. :P

PTW, may post a sheet.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Correctamundo she certainly looks weathered you could probably add bags under her eyes but you could also make the case that she's still a little too young for them to appear yet.Yep chronic hero syndrome should be fun!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Donna nunna Nana
Sheet coming soon...
Edit: You know what this is a bit too smart for me right now, gonna wait for other character sheets and than post a sheet.
Use my sheet as an example I guess to help you come up with your own character? Really excited and this game.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Posting to make a character
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double post for relevant question: Any kind of limits on ultimate abilities, and can we take ones that were in the games
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double post for relevant question: Any kind of limits on ultimate abilities, and can we take ones that were in the games
no canon characters, but you can get reasonably close if you're specific. For example instead of the Ultimate Martial Artist you could be the Ultimate Street Fighter or Ultimate Boxer. And any Ultimate is accepted, as long as you can be talented in it and it doesn't include canon talents. Your stats will be reasonably balanced though, since they'll determine whether you live or die. Also can't share a talent with another player.

Other than that, not really any kind of limit. The game is all about outsmarting the other players, so even Sakura Ogami could die in this situation!

There is one exception to the no canon clause; Ultimate Lucky Student. They tend to have fairly shoddy stats, but they also tend to be more successful, since they're lucky.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So no doing an ultimate gamer then, k. I'll dig around the last couple games for that list of Ultimate ideas I had
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah GM you got my pm right?did you like it?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah GM you got my pm right?did you like it?
Yes, ive been at work so it's hard to respond. I do like the aspect of the thing; just as long as you know there's no outside contact at apoapsis. Still, accepted
Thou art I, I art Thou.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep understood completely.
Pages: [1] 2 3