Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [6/6 players]  (Read 5560 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Damned : A Daemon's Offer [6/6 players]
« on: July 13, 2016, 03:32:56 pm »

Damned : An RTD

You find yourself in Tartaros, the realm of the damned. The realm of those who lost their immortal soul. Considered an inmutable part of every being, the soul can only be ripped from it's body by Vile magic, destroyed by commiting despicable acts, or be given up willingly by signing an ill considered deal with a daemon, demon or other underworld denizen. As no being without soul can exist outside Tartaros, you're damned to reside here for eternity.

The room is lighted by strange non-shadows, the darkness flowing underneath your benches and into a gutter. You can not remember ever entering the room, though you can already remember leaving it. In the center, a daemon is speaking, his shape constantly changing form before your eyes. He has been speaking for what appears to have been eons, but may as well have been minutes - Time has little meaning in a place like this.

The daemon tells you a tale about how the enemy, appeared from the primal chaos, and bound it, restraining the uncontrolled magic and binding it to their laws. The natural residents of this primal world, the daemons, tried to intervene. But they found that this strange world rejected their very existence. Desperate, they tried to preserve the primal realm. Piece by piece, the shards of the primal realm dissapeared untill just one remained. In this new world the gods had created, the last remnant of the primordial chaos became known as Tartaros, the underworld.

"Now", the daemon says, "it's making you an offer. You get your souls back. Your original souls, not the soul of some other being. In exchange, you need to do them just one small favor. The destruction of one of the 7 wonders of the world".

Spoiler: Sign-up sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dealing with demons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Health and combat (click to show/hide)

Players

Spoiler: Tartaros(Waitlist) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: They who failed (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:32:17 am by 10ebbor10 »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [0/6 players]
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 03:42:12 pm »

PTW for now, I'll probably put up a sheet later.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:52:43 pm »

May I reserve? Working on the sheet.

EDIT: Any limitations or guidelines of what kind of creature one can be?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:56:14 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 02:24:15 pm »

It's a high-fantasy world, so stay within that sphere. Beyond that no real restrictions, though do consider the effects of your choices. Picking a mermaid will be troubling if you have to infiltrate the dwarven fortresses holding the Eternal Flame, for example.

Then again, a demon will probably offer to resolve that issue, for a price.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 03:18:08 pm »

IN!

Making sheet...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 03:20:41 pm »

One problem that I can see with the injury system: Apparently, if someone receives a paper cut and doesn't treat it, they'll die in 50 turns.

EDIT: Another problem(?): No one with under 100 HP can survive a Very Heavy Bleeding wound without special abilities, even if they receive medical attention immediately and roll 6's on all of their healing tests.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:23:45 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 03:33:14 pm »

Name : ATHATH
Character concept : A monk-mage who (secretly) murdered his teacher so that he could become the leader of his monastery. This concept was totally not stolen from a character from The Cave.
Description : http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eyeball
Skills &Abilities: Eye rays, Able to cast Manipulative Magic, Flight, Ki Channeling, Versed in priestly knowledge
Virtues : Knowledgable, Charming, Calm (is less affected by fear)
Curses : You can choose them
Inventory : Empty

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 03:42:22 pm »

Minor wounds heal automatically, they do not require medical attention.

The bleeding stops once the wound is treated. The healing is just the time before the wound dissappears, and no longer inflicts any roll penalties, or suffers risk of re-opening. That said, you'll want to avoid suffering wounds like this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 03:49:02 pm »

It's a high-fantasy world, so stay within that sphere. Beyond that no real restrictions, though do consider the effects of your choices. Picking a mermaid will be troubling if you have to infiltrate the dwarven fortresses holding the Eternal Flame, for example.

Then again, a demon will probably offer to resolve that issue, for a price.
Got it.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 05:38:08 pm »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:45:40 pm by Whisperling »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 05:43:37 pm »

Damn it I thought this was going to be a real world terrorism sim.

Anyways... Good luck on the game.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 06:11:50 pm »

Ptsheet
Black lives matter.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 06:50:45 pm »

in, writing sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ehh. The traits, virtues, and curses are all a bit meh. I'm not very good at that kind of thing, to be honest.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:09:51 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 03:35:19 pm »

Name : ATHATH
Character concept : A monk-mage who (secretly) murdered his teacher so that he could become the leader of his monastery. This concept was totally not stolen from a character from The Cave.
Description : http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eyeball
Skills &Abilities: Eye rays, Able to cast Manipulative Magic, Flight, Ki Channeling, Versed in priestly knowledge
Virtues : Knowledgable, Charming, Calm (is less affected by fear)
Curses : You can choose them
Inventory : Empty

Spoiler: Choose 3 (click to show/hide)

Curse : Demonic Taint : Detailed observation will reveal the Demonic Influence that affected you

Spoiler: Choose 3 (click to show/hide)

in, writing sheet.

ehh. The traits, virtues, and curses are all a bit meh. I'm not very good at that kind of thing, to be honest.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:45:21 pm by 10ebbor10 »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 04:15:25 pm »

I think I'll take Manipulative Magic, Flight, and Ki Channeling.

Is there a limit to the number of points that I can channel? Could I give myself a -100 to everything and give an ally +100 to everything?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4