Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help: Did I 'overexercise' my character?  (Read 1011 times)

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help: Did I 'overexercise' my character?
« on: July 13, 2016, 03:22:58 am »

Using LNP w/ DF 0.43.03, TWBT on (Phoebus+Curses).

For starters...

As a Peregrine Falcon Man, I started the world with a Maximum Flight Speed of 6.1 and a Faster Flight speed of 4.4 (as shown at the bottom of the game screen).

Character was created with:
Superior Strength, Agility, Endurance,
Above Average Willpower,
High Kinesthetic and Spatial Sense.

15th of Granite, 250 - 'Frenetic'

Training
Now, after some training in a single in-game morning (throwing bolts over and over, driving off Dwarven bandits from my human hamlet with a scimitar), I increased Strength, Agility and Endurance to 'Superperegrine Falcon Man' level.

The increased Strength means I'm able to carry two (three?) additional bolts without my 'Faster Flight' speed dropping from 4.4 to 2.6,
The increased endurance meant I could 4.4 Fast Fly without getting Tired.

In the same day, by order of my Lady, I:
- 4.4 Fast Flew to a lair in a northeastern neighbouring world tile, slew a Night Horror,
- 4.4 Fast Flew back to the mead hall to report my success,
- 4.4 Fast Flew to a mountain lair two world tiles away,
- found the lair deserted, Waited until the sun came low in the western sky hoping the Troll would come (it didn't). I ventured a little way, found some Troll tracks, followed them all the way to the Troll which had ventured to the northern neighbouring world tile (all the while 4.4 Fast Flying), slew it,
- 4.4 Fast Flew back to the mead hall, reported success, slept.

No fast travel (Shift+T) was performed at all. Though, I did peek at Shift+T to see the map, then pressed d without touching the movement keys at all.

16th of Granite, 250 - What happened?!

My next order was to slay a Moon Hag 3 world tiles to the southwest. So I 4.4 Fast Flew there... on the way, I happened to have my eyes on the speedometer when it dropped from 4.4 to 4.2. Whaaat?

And this also applies to all speeds above normal speed;

Maximum Flight Speed dropped from 6.1 to 5.9.
Sneaking Faster Flight dropped from 3.9 to 3.8.

Not even emptying my inventory would bring those numbers back up. What's going on?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Help: Did I 'overexercise' my character?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 03:32:04 am »

Could be you got tired somehow... try taking a rest. Alternatively, your adventurer might need to sleep.

There is a thing in DF where really strong people get slower, as their muscles get in their way while running or something. So with a lot of training, you might have done that.
One wheel short of a wagon

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 03:39:24 am »

Could be you got tired somehow... try taking a rest.

The 'Tired' message didn't show up, I'm absolutely sure of that.

Alternatively, your adventurer might need to sleep.

No 'Drowsy' message either. Ras was an early bird; slept as the sun was setting, Shift+Z was set to 'sleep until dawn'.

There is a thing in DF where really strong people get slower, as their muscles get in their way while running or something. So with a lot of training, you might have done that.

Hmm! This seems more likely.
Could diet have anything to do with this? I only ever ate and drank just enough to get rid of the 'Hung' and 'Thir' messages.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 03:42:42 am »

You got too bulky, need to raise your agility more.