Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retiring an outsider adventurer?  (Read 1498 times)

Nibblewerfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Retiring an outsider adventurer?
« on: July 13, 2016, 02:06:51 am »

Can outsider adventurers be retired, I have tried to do so in a world that started in the age of emptiness and when attempting to claim a constructed site the character said "I have forgotten my bold pronouncement". I do have one of the most recent versions of wanderers friend installed and whether or not that would effect retiring or site claiming. I may also be dumb and just not have realized that you cannot in fact retire at sites made in adventure mode.
A second question is if a world is generated without civilizations will underground animal people still spawn and be available as companions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Retiring an outsider adventurer?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:24:12 am »

I think outsiders are incapable of claiming adventurer sites, yeah. Members of a civilization could claim a site they built though.

Also, if the raws for underground animal people entities are still there, they should then still appear. Also, you can usually recruit animal people you find in the woods after telling them about how awesome you are or proving to be a talented bard. They can sometimes be recruited, then. Just approach submissively and possibly while lying down and they probably won't run away or attack you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:20:46 am »

You can't claim sites till your famous enough (I think, its what seemed to happen to me.) but I'm pretty sure that you can retire at hamlets/civ stuff

Addict7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:43:23 am »

You can't claim sites till your famous enough (I think, its what seemed to happen to me.) but I'm pretty sure that you can retire at hamlets/civ stuff

Do you mean that an outsider can claim a site if he's famous enough?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 12:21:37 pm »

Gotta join a civ to be able to retire, fame helps you join civs.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 02:14:28 pm »

Gotta join a civ to be able to retire, fame helps you join civs.
that or dumping points into speaker skill and wow folks with your story telling.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

Then do outsiders just disappear when you retire them? Cause I retired a adventurer in a hamlet, though I haven't checked on him recently.
And I know it said retire.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 03:47:47 am »

Then do outsiders just disappear when you retire them? Cause I retired a adventurer in a hamlet, though I haven't checked on him recently.
And I know it said retire.

No characters in df just disappear, look at the legends entry, maybe he moved. (remember the world is alive now)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com