Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 3: The Race is on!  (Read 28112 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 2: Y(e)g(od)gdrasil
« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2016, 05:11:07 pm »

[Daemon Xylia, God of Nature]

"I hope so too, I'm not sure what to do first. Lizardmen, Elves, or Lizard-elves.
I'm sure I will get some Essence from influence.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2016, 06:48:49 pm »

"personaly I'm thinking of something like this"

-vimber creates an image of a large centaur like creature-
Spoiler: embertarz (click to show/hide)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2016, 07:45:50 pm »

Azem scoffs at the dragon princes.

""Upstarts. Amatures. Where's the cunning? Where's the pride in making it their idea to give you all their shinies?""

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2016, 10:23:31 pm »

As the Gods and Goddesses speak to one another, a brief sense of Loss comes over them. The World Tree seems to shrivel, the Mortals feel a fleeting sense of tragedy, and the waters of the Oceans themselves seem to fade, for the faintest of moments. A massive rift in the Void opens, and from it spills out a vast cloud of sand, among it floats what appears to be a desiccated corpse, clothed in eons-old patchwork rags. The corpse, radiating with Divine Power, lifts his hands, and the rift seal shut. His eyes close in concentration, and the sand cloud spirals outward.

As the corpse gestures, the sands coalesce into one vast spherical cloud. His fists close in anger, his face grimaces with hatred, and the sand cloud forcefully slams together into a sphere. The corpse murmurs vulgar curses in an unimaginably ancient tongue, and with a faint scream of agony, the sands are bound together, forming a small, barren planet. The corpse observes his work, finds it to be lacking, and with the wave of his hand, the planet is given an atmosphere, a molten core, and some minuscule deposits of non-precious ore far beneath the crust.

He gazes upon the planet, and nods his head, as if confirming something to himself. He then sees the World Tree, his entire being ripples with disgust, yet he remains silent. The corpse gazes upon his planet, and utters a word. The planet shoots outward towards the World Tree at a rapid speed, but a moment before impact flies to the side, and enters an oblong orbit around the World Tree. His eyes gleam with twisted pride in his work.

The being speaks, and all Gods and Goddesses hear him. His voice, cracked and raspy from millennia of disuse, echoes into the very being of those listening. His speech menaces with hidden danger, not unlike a that of a scorpion, and a vile undercurrent mars the already curt, contemptuous words.

"Gods. Goddesses. Other Divines. I am Fenez, Lord of the Desert, Harbinger of Desolation, The Parched One. Know this. My Wrath shall come upon those among you who interfere with any Aspect of my Creation. This World is my creation, and mine alone. It's pristine sands shall not touch the Bark of your World Tree, nor any of It's Branches. It Is Independent of all Divines apart from Me. I shaped it of my own Essence, Independent of Your Efforts.

I will speak to those among You who wish to come to know me better in private. Any offers to join a Pantheon, or collaborate in a scheme, shall also be private. I do not wish to earn Your Ire just yet, Gods, Goddesses, and Other Divines. I hope that we can achieve a mutually beneficial relationship. I leave You now."

With that said, Fenez halts his tongue. Looking at the small Desert Planet, he finds it to be far too sparse for his liking. The surface of the Planet is near scorching, with heat from the Molten Core, and the Planet is bereft of all but the bare minimum of moisture. The Parched One spits on the surface of the Sands, and from the Spit comes the first life on the sphere. Adapted to withstand the heat and near lack of water, the ecosystem is very sparse, it's Animals are hardened, selfish, and opportunistic predators, and it's Plants are few, rare, thorny, often poisonous, and require almost no moisture to survive. Fenez looks at his works, and finds them to be suitable for the time being.

"I name this Planet Fenetch, after It's Creator."

Thinking to himself, he feels that the sphere needs something, more to be truly whole. Reaching into his very Being, he rips out a part of it, swirling, blackened with age and hate, it radiates with depression, and a sense of longing that could never be truly filled. The Harbinger of Desolation spreads his black fog across his sphere, and with a hundred simultaneous whispers, brings the fog to life. The beings shaped from the fog are Humanoid. They are extremely thin, adapted to the heat, grayed as charcoal, and are beautiful in a way beyond words. Their eyes are strange, the pupils and iris are as yellow as an egg yolk, and the whites are black.

Their teeth are sharped and startlingly white, and their canine teeth are elongated into fangs. They have solid white hair, and often shave it entirely, though some choose to grow it long. The creatures are extremely agile, and lithe, and they can wield almost any weapon with practiced ease. However, their thin frames render them weaker than others of comparable size. These beings need very little food or water to live, but that which they consume tastes like ashes to them. They live short, hard lives, and can only survive half a century at the most. They have two genders, and reproduce much like Humans do, but their young have a roughly one in three chance of being stillborn.

The Mortals have a feeling of emptiness deep within themselves, and their negative emotions are heightened, causing them to feel loss, hatred, and rage much keener than other beings. Due to their harsh environment, they live in small nomadic tribes and frequently do battle with other tribes over resources and petty disputes. The beings lack an immortal soul, and simply cease to exist upon their death, regardless of this, their ability to worship is the same as that of other mortals. Their culture is primitive and barbaric, to them personal belongings, mercy and honor are utterly alien concepts. Despite this, they adhere to a strict code of laws concerning the punishment of criminals, the punishment almost always exceeds the crimes committed, and many tribal shamans are also adept torturers. In war, they tend to expend most of their efforts toward the sabotage of their opponent and resort to ambush tactics and guerrilla warfare when faced with a foe. In individual combat, they are swift, efficient, and brutal. All of them have an instinctive knowledge of The Parched One's Existence and a deep understanding of his Philosophy.

Upon the creation of the mortals, Fenez appears before them all, and speaks to each of them individually.

"My Children. You were formed from my being, and when You perish, You shall return to me. I placed You onto Fenetch to struggle, and through Your struggle, become more than a mere part of me. Teach my words to Your Offspring. Always remember that true gain is had only through true loss. As You were formed from me, I name You of me. I name You, The Fezethi."

The Parched One uses 5 Essence to create Fenetch, a very small, (astronomically) near-scorching, extremely inhospitable, desert Sphere orbiting The World Tree. Fenez calls it a Planet, but it's more the size of a Moon for now.

The Parched One uses 5 Essence to give Fenetch a sparse ecosystem of Animals and Plants adapted to it's Climate.

Finally, Fenez reaches into himself, and uses 9 Crux to create The Fezethi, a species of Mortals living on Fenetch. They are extremely agile, naturally skilled at combat, very attractive, and require very little food or water to survive. They have a high infant mortality rate, are short-lived, are very weak, carnivorous, violent, and have a Mortal Soul that ceases to exist entirely after their death. The Fezethi have an instinctive knowledge of The Parched One's existence, and have a deep innate understanding of Fezen's Philosophy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:11:36 pm by Ardent Debater »

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2016, 10:46:12 pm »

"Be quiet! We have better things to do than listen to some mummy with delusions of grandeur. For example, this."
Spend 3 (or as much as necessary) power arranging for one of the dragon-princes to gain a fully (and competently) staffed laboratory, including knowledge that I granted it.
Edit: More specifically, use power to get mortals to build and staff the lab, without any power being directly involved in the lab's construction.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 11:03:07 pm by ShadowDragon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2016, 10:53:37 pm »

"Be quiet! We have better things to do than listen to some mummy with delusions of grandeur. For example, this."
Spend 3 (or as much as necessary) power arranging for one of the dragon-princes to gain a fully (and competently) staffed laboratory, including knowledge that I granted it.
((I'm hoping this action goes through, just so Azem can laugh as the lab disintegrates. But seriously, use essence. Or justify your use of the energy of destruction.))

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2016, 11:03:46 pm »

((I'm hoping this action goes through, just so Azem can laugh as the lab disintegrates. But seriously, use essence. Or justify your use of the energy of destruction.))
((Good point. Edited.))

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2016, 02:19:55 am »

Xylia is now cradling her Blink Lizard, holding it close to her, eyes darting around the place, and then does a low growl at Fenez.
"Zis is what I was talking about. A separate world of death and decay.
Fffenez, your existence is a profanity to life itself! I vill kill you, it is up to you when I will do so.
"
Then Xylia walks off, to check up on her World Tree, to see if anything is wrong.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2016, 02:27:43 am »

Kyuu smiles and slowly claps as she say's "What a great way to introduce yourself to the newcomer! I bet you two will become the best of friends if not more!" her words dripping with sarcasm.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2016, 02:39:08 am »

"Shut your mouth, youngling! Z-zis god is unvelcome to creation."
Xylia is trembling.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2016, 03:55:38 am »

Kyuu snickers "The fact that you are stuttering and shaking like a tree in strong wind only proves you like him, i guess opposites really do attract."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 18, 2016, 04:27:57 am »

Xylia's face turn into one of anger, then disgust.
Xylia storms off.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:52 am »

Ceartas raises an eyebrow

"One would hope that Fenez decides not to interact in any capacity with the World Tree or any of its creations if they want the rest of us to ignore..."

Jabs his staff toward Fenetch

"... that. Time will tell."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:13 am »

"I care not about his actions. So long as Deviation occurs. Stagnation begets Ruin after all."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2016, 12:04:20 pm »

"stagnation may beget ruin, but this cruel desolation IS ruin. but this early in the universe conflict is unwise, we must stay our hand and trust that hope will prevail"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25