Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 3: The Race is on!  (Read 28098 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 2: Y(e)g(od)gdrasil
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2016, 01:45:57 pm »

"Silly gods. Let your creations live. As long as you do not dig too deeply into the flesh and blood of another divine, you are harming nobody. Life wants to change and evolve constantly."

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 18, 2016, 02:31:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well you sure know how to make new friends he snickers. Don't worry, by the way. Your world seems way too boring for anyone to mess with

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 18, 2016, 02:33:16 pm »

"That's because it doesn't exist. 5 Essence is insufficient to create a planet."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 18, 2016, 02:42:02 pm »

"Such arrogance. Although it is amusing to watch them overestimate their own power isn't it?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 18, 2016, 02:43:17 pm »

"Such arrogance. Although it is amusing to watch them overestimate their own power isn't it?"
"Says the person trying to make a mountain sized dragon"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2016, 02:44:09 pm »

"Hmph."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2016, 02:44:43 pm »

Demiurges' Local 137 (bookmark: bde724953dc9ace1 )

How this works:
Looking for a job: Send an application to the responsible deity/deities/diet of deities according to the instructions
Looking for a worker: Send a listing with a title, payment scheme, and job description. As of now, we sincerely apologize for not supporting godslaying job offers.
Looking for a worker anonymously: PM a listing with a title, payment scheme, and job description (and a request to rephrase/obfuscate if necessary). Again, we sincerely apologize for not supporting godslaying job offers at this time.

Now hiring:
No one. Help the economy by creating jobs!

Occupied jobs
Greed - Bestiarian? Bestiarist? (Kargan: 1E every Tick divisible by 3): Catalog races/creatures/agents made by gods. Must update twice weekly to receive payment.
Greed - Geographer (Kargan: 1E every Tick divisible by 3): Catalog interesting sites. Must update twice weekly to receive payment.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:49:49 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2016, 02:46:07 pm »

Greed's Bestiary of Snacks
Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Animals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unique (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:32:13 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2016, 02:46:48 pm »

Imps scurry about frantically carrying scrolls.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2016, 02:47:48 pm »

Greed's List of Buried Treasures:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:33:36 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2016, 02:48:34 pm »

((Dude.  Stop.  No doubleposts.  Even more no tripleposts.))

((Say what you're doing before you do it...))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:02:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2016, 10:53:38 am »

The Magnifgicient Zuzake sits down at the bottom of the ocean and begins recitating poetry

Xylia rips her heart, and plants a seed
from her a part, buried under sand

A tree is born, even though the gods are divided
to few a scorn, most are excited

Zuzake paints the oceans, and the coral reef
While the dragon-princes come to life, by Greed

To guide the races coming, and gather the gold
While the other gods let another story unfold

A far from the tree, a being of desolation
creates a moon to our tree, and an entire nation

no one dare to step into desolations desert
for even divines, there will face hazard

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2016, 01:46:05 pm »

Spend 3E and 1C on creating Cinado in a grassland somewhere.
Spoiler: Cinado (click to show/hide)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2016, 02:12:54 pm »

The Parched One concludes his work, and is satisfied. He watches his creation, but is perplexed when Fenetch and the Fezethi vanish after an instant, and his Essence and Crux flow back into him. Confused, he attempts to repeat his Action, but is frustrated when he achieves the same result. Not easily dissuaded, he tries again, and again, and again, and again, and again many times before giving up in frustration. His eyes seem to peer into the cosmos, and what they see is unknowable. Fenez ceases his watching, and brings his palm to his face. In a somewhat embarrassed tone, he speaks with what seems to be genuine apology.

"It appears that I am unable to form Fenetch with my current reserves of Energy. Having only just arrived, I am unfamiliar with this Dimension's Laws of Essence Conservation and Creation. I apologize for wasting our valuable time with my repetitive attempts at creation. For the time being, I shall abstain from creating Fenetch, or the Fezethi. However, I assure You, I will not lay dormant."

Lacking sufficient Essence, Fezen Abstains from the creation of Fenetch and the Fezethi for now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (Something/⊕֍࿃) Tick 1: Act 1
« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2016, 02:46:36 pm »

[Ilganapash Rosas, Long May He Reign]

"Behold You Now The World, Alive And Full, Born Of All Those Gods Whom Forevermore Shall Leave Their Markers Upon It. For This Occasion Do I Find Myself Desirous Of Celebration. Alas! No, That Feast Of Gods And Creations Cannot Be, For Our Powers Remain Yet Endangered. We Who Would Create Majesty Have Need Still Of Beings To Recognize Our Greatness, And Present Offering, As We Recognize Their Prowess, And Offer Boons.

"I Find That I, Ilganapash Rosas, King of Beggars, Am The Last To Bring New Life Into The World, And Am Much Saddened By This. Yet Our Efforts May Be Combined, For I Shall Glean What I Might From All Those Who Have Come Before, And So My People Shall Be Wise In The Ways Of The World. As We Gods May All Be United, So Might They Be Friends To All Others Whom Desire Their Company, And In This Way Do I Bind Us Together With Ties Of Our Own Creations."

"So Let It Be That Though The Birds And The Beasts Struggle Alike With One Another, And The Plants And The Fish Too, Those We Deem Our Peoples Shall Survive Too, And Flourish. Let Wisdom Build Upon Survival, And So Are My People Born, Of My Hand And Yet Of The World. Kastyrians They Shall Be Known As, And Though Their Forms May Differ, Their Unity Remains, And Of Them Shall Be Three Things Foremost In Characteristic: The First, That They Shall Be A Hardy And Adaptable Peoples, Such That Nigh Any Challenge They May Meet With Fortitude, And Survive. The Second, That Their Race Shall Be One Of Wise And Thoughtful People, In Whom Many Scholars May Be Found. The Third, That The Forms Of The Kastyrians Be Not Locked Forever, Through Generations, To That Singular Shape In Which I Have Molded Them, But That They May Change In Shape And Stature And Size And Many Other Traits Of The Body, In Order To Survive Wherever Their Homes Might Be Found, Though All Recognizable As Being Of The Same Peoples. So Says Ilganapash Rosas, King Of Beggars."

Use 1 Essence to ensure that there is variety of wildlife via survival of the fittest, and to spread wildlife and plantlife, in it's various forms, across the Tree(s world(s?)), if I might.
Use 4 Essence and 4 Crux to create, via what amounts to rapid guided evolution, the Kastyrians. They look, at least at first, like basically sapient monkeys with opposable thumbs, prehensile feet which are as much like hands as we might think they are feet. If you want me to detail their other traits in more comprehensive detail than the above paragraph, ask me in OOC, but I'm not sure it would be very helpful. Though I can describe that the way their formshifting or whatever we want to call it is something that works over multiple generations, is rather subtle, and again is kinda like guided evolution. Not actually Lamarckian genetics, but you could sorta think of it like that, I suppose? Less about learned/practiced traits, though they would probably play a factor.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:15:44 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25