Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 3: The Race is on!  (Read 28107 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (Something/⊕֍࿃) Tick 1: Act 1
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2016, 01:27:45 am »

"I thought we where gods making a world, not gardeners making a tree grow and watching little bugs and rodents crawl around on it."
Oppose firefly's
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2016, 01:58:54 am »

"Dem's de breaks, sunshine."

Chuckles to himself

"No pun intended. If you wanted something different, should've come up with a more appealing idea."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2016, 06:16:39 am »

Cornealis observes the progress of his euro ants
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2016, 09:46:41 am »

"I would rather not have firefly Suns, but I'm not going to delay this much longer by opposing it. I mean it's a cool idea, but I'm thinking lanterns hanging from the branches would be cooler."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2016, 01:18:54 pm »

"I'd rather have will,o,wisps."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »

The Library uses 2 Power to glow enough to serve as a sun until the issue of light is resolved.

He then uses 8 Crux to increase the amount of essence produced and intelligence of all creatures that are and will be on the world that we are creating.

Finally, he uses 1 more point of Crux and a few more points of Essence to create a shrine to himself near the middle of the world tree.

Spoiler: Shrine Description (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:32:15 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2016, 03:09:42 pm »

"Quite the unfair transaction there. You get all the knowledge the creature discovers over the entirety of its lifetime, while the mortal gets a subjective answer to their quite possibly trivial question."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »

"Quite the unfair transaction there. You get all the knowledge the creature discovers over the entirety of its lifetime, while the mortal gets a subjective answer to their quite possibly trivial question."
OOC:
"Upon looking at it, sapient creatures immediately know its function, who created it, and how to activate it."

They know what they're getting into, and having their knowledge be recorded by the Library doesn't harm most mortals.Ideally, you'd ask the shrine a question like "What can I do to prevent this war?" or "Who is my soul mate?", not something trivial. You only get one question, after all.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2016, 03:42:33 pm »

"And since all the answers are Subjective and based on your knowledge base, odds are is very few will actually provide usable answers. If you yourself have an imperfect knowledge base, any answer the shrine provides is equally imperfect. You and yourself do not know how to stop x war for wars are started by many many many things and cannot be realistically halted by the actions of one single person, and you and yourself do not know x's soulmate in this theoretical scenario, nor would you in a real one. Therefore the answers provided are functionally useless for such trivial questions. However if the questions were more specific along the lines of 'How would one go about preforming x arcane feat?' provided you and yourself were aware of said arcane feat. It would prove more useful to that kind of intelligent answer."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2016, 03:54:55 pm »

Support Firefly-suns and Lantern-stars
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2016, 05:06:00 pm »

Direct some of the previously committed Essence to creating a silk-covered chamber deep in the roots of the tree (if possible).

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2016, 06:57:34 pm »

((ignore this.))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:35:43 pm by endlessblaze »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2016, 07:01:08 pm »

Tick 2: Y(e)g(od)gdrasil

The Gods introduce themselves to one another before starting the debate of how to fill this space. Finally, a majority came to an agreement. The creation would be a World Tree, with portions of it dedicated to unusual and bizarre physics, 33-50% dedicated to ocean life, Earth-like mineral abundance, numerous biomes, lit by massive fireflies acting as the world's sun and lanturn-stars. The name of the world has yet to be discussed, it is currently simply called the World Tree (WT).

No Me shouts "THE LITANY OF THE VOID!", and begins playing a God Game by themselves in the corner. There is (apparently) no effect from this action.

The Library attempts to remove another God's painful memories, stopping this action when his fellow deities opposed. He then creates The Faithful, a race clearly meant for Essence farming. As he orders them to multiply, The Faithful are immediately filled with angry thoughts directed at The Library, disobeying him as their first action. (The Library -10E, 100 Faithful created). The Library immediately feels that he would get little to no essence from these beings, even if they had not been behaving oddly.

Daemon Xylia spends power to start a fire, destroying her own armaments. She then creates a Lindworm, a massive serpent that proceeds to act as her throne. (Daemon Xylia -3E,-2P)

To make up for his earlier Grand Theft Memory, The Library sends out several orbs of happy memories to his fellow Gods. For his part, the near-victim snatches the orbs for her own use, receiving several clear memories that vanish as the planet forms. What they where is unclear, but trying to remember them again brings out a form of nostalgia.  (The Library -2P)

Kargan grows two more arms, much like those he already has. He is now armed and dangerous, or at least better armed then before.

Daemon Xylia, on a creation spree, creates a large chunk of land in the void. Several species of animal and plants begin to frolic freely as the planet takes its final shape. Sunlight from no clear source warms the area constantly, fading as the planet finishes its creation. (Daemon Xylia -7E, -2P)

Kargan follows Daemon's example, donating 1E to the creation of the World Tree (Kargan-2E).Oszust joined in, causing Kargan to match his donation (Oszust-2E).

Vimbr donates three essence to the "Planet Making" fund, not voting in either way. Not to be outdone, Kargan again matched the donation (Kargan -1C)

Soon after creation, Nica's changes her sphere to Oceans.

Kyuu votes 5E to the cube world, voting against his opponents. Kargan again adds a donation against this. Ilganapash Rosas again raises the World Tree's count with their own donation. As a compromise, Kargan donates again, this time making the WT very slightly more cubic. (Kyuu-5E, Kargan-2C, Ilganapash Rosas -3E).

The Library decides to auto-make The Faithful every turn, despite their high cost and limited practicality. Presumably, all his essence will go into this, if he somehow gains any.

Zuzake donates 5E to the WT, specifically towards its branches. Kyuu attempts to defeat the enemy donations, matching this with his own 5E. (Zuzake -5E, Kyuu -5E).

Xylia's donation took a different form, in the shape of her own heart, to be used as the seed for the world. She then uses power to cause it to grow to a massive size, as the currently donated essence flows into it. The World Tree sprouts from this seed, at a later date, shooting out to an impossible size almost instantly. (Xylia -6C, -6P).

Kargan, seeing Xylia put a little of herself into the world, decides to do the same, putting a blanket of his own cloth over the seed. He then donates Crux to Xylia, perhaps attempting to heal her wounds. (Kargan -6C, Xylia +2C).

Nilva influences the growth of the current plants and animals, causing the latter to be more wolf-like while causing both to have odd properties in odd locations. Additional plants and animals are also created by this action. (Nilva -4E)

In response to the new Wolflife, Nica creates a verity of ocean-life that soon sprouts into a vibrant ecosystem after the planet has been created (Nica-4E)

Zuzake again donates essence to the WT, focusing on a specific branch filled with sweet (presumably, tasting/smelling) Ocean Water, which spills onto branches below. He then creates a colorful coral reef that swiftly becomes home to the Ocean Life recently created by Nica.  Four more oceans-this time of nectar-are created in the Legendary Flowers. (Zuzake -4E,-4C).

o<nameless god>? attempts to change the tree into a bonsai shape. The tree briefly looks more bonsaiish as it shoots from the seed, but this fades as the world comes into creation. He then "blesses" the only currently created race with Strange Moods, resulting in several Faithful going insane due to their inability to act upon them. (o<nameless god>? -4P, -5E)

Amber the Undying donates 4E to the WT, rotting out a portion of the inside into a massive cave. (Amber the Undying -4E)

Daemon Xylia continues to create life, making the Blink Lizards and letting them loose on her previously created island. (Daemon Xylia -1E)

Cornealis Carnegie creates the second sentient race, the Euro Ants, placing 1000 and the top and bottom of the tree. They begin to develop separately, seeing as they are literally a world a part, with neither team knowing of the others' existence. (Cornealis Carnegie -4E)

o<nameless god> blesses the Ants with strange moods, leading to several unremarkable weapons of strange materials (o<nameless god>: -2E)

Nyxus creates the Dark larvae, who in turn create a series of galleries in the roots of the tree, exploding on death. They have an odd lifeless feel to them, moving more like a corpse then a creature, and are reported to have a glow about them. Unfortunate, the goo they explode into vanished when the planet finished its creation. The tunnels, fortunately, remained. (Nyxus -5P)

Ilganapash Rosas, as if to counteract the "concept of ending" added earlier, adds the concept of surviving at all costs. The caves hollowed out earlier, including those dug by the larvae and rotted away, are covered with a thin layer of sap in an apparent attempt to heal the wounds. (Ilganapash Rosas -1E 4C)

Oszust creates the Piscar, spy squirrels, which proceed to spread around the WT. Some of the local wildlife finds them delicious, especially those with wolf-like features, giving Oszust a first-person view of several of these beasts. (Oszust -5E)

Cornealis observes the Ants. Having just been created, not a lot has happened with them.

The Library attempts to become the Sun, at least temporarily. His attempts only cover a comparatively small area, and ineffectively at that. He then attempts to use 8 Crux to improve the intelligence and Worship Quality of The Faithful and the Ants. This seems to do little, though the angry messages the Faithful are "shouting" at him seem slightly more coherent. He attempts to make a shrine, but quickly realizes he has already spent all of his Essence and most of his Crux, making this action impossible. (The Library -8C, -2P)

Several of the cavern's sap turns to silk, creating a silk-coated cavern deep within the roots of the tree.

Several of the Leaves in the highest branches turn color and fall downward, inexplicably.

The Gods feel a brief pulse of some presence, but it passes in an instant.

Essence calcs:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:16:17 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (Something/⊕֍࿃) Tick 2: Y(e)g(od)gdrasil
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2016, 07:31:10 pm »

A black Tree-Like Shape Grows into Creation, And Sighs, before saying...
So I Exist...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (Something/⊕֍࿃) Tick 2: Y(e)g(od)gdrasil
« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2016, 07:36:50 pm »

((s I'm at 7/10/10 I think.))

"cool. but now its my turn."

the red mark on vimbr's hand changes to a bright shimmering gold color, and he conjures a great number of flowers, placing them in various locations around the world.
the fireblossoms take root and begin to grow.

Spoiler: fireblossom (free) (click to show/hide)

"and then"

vimber glows with radiant golden power, essence flowing around him, he cups his hands and a cut appears on his cheek, he catches the golden blood and adds its power to the swirling mass of energy around him. the power streaks down to a point on the world, a place lush and green, forming and from this mass of glowing essence takes shape many humanoid forms. the embrear are born.

"owww that kinda stings. a lot"

-finally vimber uses whatever amount of power necessary to appear to the newly created race and tell them the history of creation-
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:29:17 pm by endlessblaze »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25