Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should life continue but without healing when HP reaches zero?

Yes
- 2 (40%)
No
- 1 (20%)
Yes, but not this game
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Roll to Ebay (6/6)  (Read 20958 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ebay (6/6)
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2016, 11:52:05 am »

Felicia, amongst the chaos, orders her beast to attack Gloompaw, by forcing Gloompaw into the area that the giant robot is affecting. She herself remains out of range and attempts to somehow affect the battle with wind attacks from her weapon.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2016, 01:14:44 pm »

Gloompaw activates his weapon's bright light, then hops off the train, using the momentum to swat Felicia's swarm with his weapon's flat like a giant flyswatter.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2016, 12:04:19 am »

Nikolas makes his way back down the mountain, but gives the train tracks a wide berth this time.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2016, 11:47:02 am »

Felicia, amongst the chaos, orders her beast to attack Gloompaw, by forcing Gloompaw into the area that the giant robot is affecting. She herself remains out of range and attempts to somehow affect the battle with wind attacks from her weapon.
Gloompaw activates his weapon's bright light, then hops off the train, using the momentum to swat Felicia's swarm with his weapon's flat like a giant flyswatter.
6, 4 -1 vs 1 vs 3

Gloompaw activates his weapon's light function, spikes of glass receding, and the sky is filled with a glorious incandescence. He swishes it through the air, once, twice, three times, before getting the blade stuck between two train carriages. He manages to work it free just in time for a mass of blades to consolidate from a cloud of tiny rolling metal bits. The cyclone of sharp edges and gale force winds that follows carries him straight and bloodily into the loving embrace of the giant robot, which rams him into an engine so hard he comes out the other side in an explosion of steam and protesting metal.

(-50 HP)

The healing light forms a protective cocoon about him, and he gets wearily to his feet. Felicia nearly pees herself laughing.

Nikolas makes his way back down the mountain, but gives the train tracks a wide berth this time.
You just catch the end of Gloompaw's inglorious beating.

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2016, 01:14:54 pm »

Push the paralyzed robot so that it falls on top of Felicia and her beast. Gloompaw swats the beast, for real this time. Gloompaw runs further toward the scrapyard on the tracks, swatting at Felicia's beast if it manages to pursue.

I would like to complain that Felicia and her beast had no apparent downsides in their overshot and partial success.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:11:24 am by IcyTea31 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2016, 01:20:55 pm »

I haven't been doing overshots or partial successes. Probably should next time. Try not to roll ones against three opponents.

Also, you're shoving over a train carriage here. Just saying.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2016, 01:26:42 pm »

Felicia orders her bot to finish off the injured Gloompaw, and turns to face Nikolas. She raises her weapon.

At her opponent's flight, she shrugs indifferently, then turns and harasses Gloompaw with wind blasts.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:25:42 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2016, 03:38:15 pm »

Nikolas waves and shouts, "Good luck!"
He then continues on to the modern villiage at full speed.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2016, 02:31:04 pm »

Nikolas waves and shouts, "Good luck!"
He then continues on to the modern villiage at full speed.
RTD: 6

You get there unmolested. Lucky you. Then of course a gigantic syringe flies through the air and straight past your face, burying itself quivering in the concrete of a house mere yards away. This may not be the safest place to be right now.

Felicia orders her bot to finish off the injured Gloompaw, and turns to face Nikolas. She raises her weapon.

At her opponent's flight, she shrugs indifferently, then turns and harasses Gloompaw with wind blasts.
Push the paralyzed robot so that it falls on top of Felicia and her beast. Gloompaw swats the beast, for real this time. Gloompaw runs further toward the scrapyard on the tracks, swatting at Felicia's beast if it manages to pursue.

I would like to complain that Felicia and her beast had no apparent downsides in their overshot and partial success.
1, 5 vs 6

Gloompaw sprints away down the tunnel over train tracks, Felicia moving to the entrance and sending gales strong enough to shake the emergency lighting in the roof. Her cloud of aggressive mechanisms is caught up in the blast and surds through the air towards their quarry, fanning out then clumping together again to form one massive blade.

Gloompaw turns and rolls at the last instant, the sharp edge of the swarm whistling over his head, before getting up on one knee and sweeps his weapon through the creatures in a broad scything motion, the flat end catching and crushing many members of the hive mind against the floor. Disoriented by the loss of so many of their number, the creatures fall to the floor and roll about in a shapeless mass, letting Gloompaw stomp on and crush nearly all their number. The handful of remaining creatures scatter helplessly or wear themselves out against their assailant's boots, too few to do anything.

(-40 HP)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2016, 02:33:31 pm »

Felicia's eyes darken. She swaps her weapon to fire mode, and advances rapidly upon her quarry. She begins in a defensive stance, getting in close, before lunging forward in an attempt to shishkebab her foe.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2016, 07:16:38 pm »

Nikolas breaks line of sight with wherever the syringe came from as fast as possible, before hiding in one of these concrete houses.
((What happens if I lose my last few hit points without taking lethal damage?))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2016, 03:59:01 am »

You die. Or, if people would prefer, I could change the system now all the beasts are dead to have you lose all healing abilities, but keep going, able to break legs, lose limbs, bleed out, etc. I'll put a poll in, as it might be an interesting mechanic.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2016, 09:04:55 am »

Do you mean chunky salsa system?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2016, 10:37:23 am »

Gloompaw keeps the blinding light on and prepares to parry and riposte Felicia's attack, using his weapon's longer range.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2016, 02:11:37 pm »

Nikolas breaks line of sight with wherever the syringe came from as fast as possible, before hiding in one of these concrete houses.
((What happens if I lose my last few hit points without taking lethal damage?))
RTD: 3 +1

You speed to the other side of the town and huddle under someone's glass coffee table. The house is conveniently deserted.

Gloompaw keeps the blinding light on and prepares to parry and riposte Felicia's attack, using his weapon's longer range.
Felicia's eyes darken. She swaps her weapon to fire mode, and advances rapidly upon her quarry. She begins in a defensive stance, getting in close, before lunging forward in an attempt to shishkebab her foe.
6 vs 4

Felicia moves forward calmly, hooding her eyes to stop herself getting blinded in the dark tunnel, and flame flares along the length of her blade. She holds the thing up in front of her in one hand, as Gloompaw lowers his weapon to the ground, sparks striking against the floor as the wheel spins, the katanas of the statues on it whistling through the air.

The two combatants stand still for a moment, less than a metre between them, before Felicia whips her swordstick down and outwards, aiming straight for her opponent's gullet. But Gloompaw flicks his weapon up with a two handed grip, pulling it across his body and catching her blade, forcing Felicia's arm up and side ways, leaving her open for a devestating downward slash. Her head separated from her shoulders in a waterfall of bloodied vertebrae, Felicia's body staggers sideways a moment then topples.

(-20 HP)

But even as Gloompaw raises his weapon in triumph, a golden cocoon envelopes the body at his feet one final time.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12