Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should life continue but without healing when HP reaches zero?

Yes
- 2 (40%)
No
- 1 (20%)
Yes, but not this game
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Ebay (6/6)  (Read 20968 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ebay (6/6): Post Beast Items now!
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 08:15:26 am »

...2 more
The title of the thread still says post "Beast Items". Might that explain your issues?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ebay (6/6): Post Beast Items now!
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 08:34:40 am »

Ahem. Yes, probably.
One wheel short of a wagon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:20:17 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ebay (6/6): Post Trap Items now!
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 09:26:27 am »

Remaining Funds: Around $668.00. Time to have some fun.

Trap Items: Total Cost: $485.63

Laser Tripwire System: $80.00
Blow Dart Gun (Includes darts): $23.69
Large Air Conditioner Unit: $199.99
Smoke Bombs (1 Pack, White): $12.00
Big Feckin Paintball Gun: $169.95
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:18:08 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2016, 01:50:45 am »

CR206, choose cheaper things. You got over the 500$ item limit.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2016, 07:17:09 am »

Remaining Funds: Around $668.00. Time to have some fun.

Trap Items: Total Cost: $485.63

Laser Tripwire System: $80.00
Blow Dart Gun (Includes darts): $23.69
Large Air Conditioner Unit: $199.99
Smoke Bombs (1 Pack, White): $12.00
Big Feckin Paintball Gun: $169.95
Acceptable?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2016, 01:38:54 pm »

((Yes. I will be going away for a week. I've done the items, and will try to send the traps via PM tomorrow, before spending the week planning a really in-depth map. I'll give you a simplified version at the end of the week, you can then PM me where you want to put your traps. And after that, we'll be good to go, and I'll describe the arena as you go through it, hopefully with maps provided.))

The Traps

Opaque screens descend from the curving walls, surrounding each contestant, before schematics and information are projected onto them.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2016, 09:25:09 am »

That should be everyone PM'd. Can't tell for sure though as bay12 never lets me see my sentbox.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2016, 10:47:02 am »

There should be a checkbox to save a copy in your outbox under the textbox.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2016, 02:37:07 pm »

"Perfect! Chop chop chop! Blood it shall make! Heh heh heh!"

((Basically my attitude towards my trap. Except less choppy.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2016, 03:13:20 pm »

"This...this is a weird one. You're not going to expect my trap, fair adversaries. I know because I wouldn't expect it. No, it's not the Spanish Inquisition."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2016, 08:17:56 am »

((Sorry for the Wait))

The Arena

A huge projection of the arena loads in the centre of the room, as most of the screens withdraw from in front of the contestants. A dome bounded by a lattice of crackling gold energy, it consists of a mountain surrounded by several types of terrain.

To the North is a massive junkyard, full of metal scrap and rubbish of every description: disused trains, smashed cars, rusty wire and pipe and beams, tin cans, crates, boxes, farm equipment, ruined processors, washing machines, and practically everything else humans have ever made out of metal.

The West fringe of the arena is a huge jungle, full of bush, hot and humid, with trees and shrubs of every description stretching tens of metres into the sky. Practically anything could hide in there.

To the South is an expanse of grassland and gentle rolling hillocks. The Southwest, between the grassland and the jungle, contains a great lake, which is the destination of two rivers stretching through the arena.

To the East, the terrain is divided into two parts by a canyon: a dusty expanse of desert in the Northeast, strewn with boulders and tumbleweed, and in the Southeast, a forest of massive pines, barely any bushes in between each one, whose branches totally conceal the forest depths.

In the very centre of the arena a peaked mountain is visible, with cliffs on its Northwest and Southeast sides.

One of the rivers that ends at the lake runs through the Western jungle, begginning in a boggy area full of little streams and valleys, in between the mountain and the Northern scrapyard. The other cuts through the grassy plain to the South, before heading East to separate first the mountain then the desert from the pine forest. When it gets to the pines forest, it cuts into the land, forming a deepening canyon.

A pillar of stone a hundred metres in diameter rises from the pine forest at the side of the gorge, a natural arch over the river connecting it to the mountainside, passing over a steep cliff.

Spoiler: scrappy map (click to show/hide)

There are several signs of human habitation. In the Southernmost grasslands is a small, modern village with cars, vans, and houses full of the things one would expect in 2000s Earth. On top of the pillar of rock is a rather ancient village, seemingly dating back to early CE. There is a graveyard next to the lake in the jungle, in the Southwesternmost part of the arena. At the other end of the jungle, between it and the junkyard, is a large abandoned warehouse. A straight trainline runs between the village and the scrapyard, passing through a tunnel under the mountain, and over a river and several streams. There is also a labyrinthine tunnel complex running under the mountain, with exits in the train tunnel, and on the Northeast and Southwest sides of the mountain. The train eventually arrives at a station a little way inside the scrapyard.

Now PM me with the place you would like to have your trap.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2016, 08:49:04 am »

Players will automatically dodge/avoid their own traps as they have knowledge of their whereabouts.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2016, 09:28:05 am »

Just Midnight Jaguar then.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ebay (6/6): The Game Begins
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2016, 10:44:36 am »

And it begins...

The contestants, without drama or warning, feel their surroundings undergo a rapid shift. They appear at various spots around the arena.

The contestants are placed as follows:

Gloompaw appears at 1, on a railway bridge over a river, beside the tracks. A train is moving towards him from the junkyard station. Though he can't see it, another train, on the opposite set of tracks, is moving in the opposite direction from the other station.

Nikolas Plum Maksimov is at 2, in the western bit of the desert, near the second tunnel entrance.

Bobby Jones is at 3, on top of the stone arch over the canyon and forest, the old villa to his east.

Bloody Jones has been placed at 4, some way up the side of the mountain.

The demented Japanese schoolgirl is at 5, in the jungle, near the western tunnel entrance.

Felicia Smith is at 6, on the edge of the jungle and the marsh.

Links to maps and weapons etc willl appear in the OP.

((Just realised I've been capitalizing cardinal directions and shouldn't have been. I feel a bit thick now))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12