Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Deep Below (Sign-Ups)  (Read 2318 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Below (Sign-Ups)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 12:53:50 am »

So, Trolls, goblins, and frogmen seem immensely weaker than before, if one extra food means one extra unit, and you only produce two food per peasant.

For description: They're lanky, capable of minor body-morphing, see better in the dark than the light (though not absolute dark), slightly taller than humans in average but frailish for their size simply because they don't have a defined form. Fast for height, skin is sorta like soft, good leather, very inquisitive and curious, like knowledge...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:06:43 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 01:11:31 am »

So, Trolls, goblins, and frogmen seem immensely weaker than before, if one extra food means one extra unit, and you only produce two food per peasant.

Can you explain your reasoning? Because each troll does 50% more damage still and eats more than a normal unit, and now you no longer need to have troll peasants who also eat more food.

And goblins and frogmen, when you create a unit you get a second one for free. That doesn't seem too bad. Not all units require just one food to create. And you get a free unit without spending the resource costs.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 01:26:58 am »

Leader Name: Nyan Nee
Main Race: Catmen Catgirls
Additional Race(s): Minotaurs (-10)
Technology: -60
Mining
Farming
Fishing
Masonry
Mana
Writing
Culture/Government Type: Democracy, one wildling, one vote. Purrsident for life.
Units:
2 Cat Peasant (-5)
1 Minotaur Soldier (-20)

Cavern Size: 11 (-5)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 01:30:47 am »

Leader Name: Nyan Nee
Main Race: Catmen Catgirls
Additional Race(s): Minotaurs (-10)
Technology: -60
Mining
Farming
Fishing
Masonry
Mana
Writing
Culture/Government Type: Democracy, one wildling, one vote. Purrsident for life.
Units:
2 Cat Peasant (-5)
1 Minotaur Soldier (-20)

Cavern Size: 11 (-5)
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 01:36:01 am »

Well for Goblins and frogmen, they get penaltiea compared to Elves, who accomplish the same thing by simply having more effective farmers.

I guess it's more intricate than that given the different ways of producing food, but still.

Trolls are already plain old weaker than Orcs, costing more food, but also if you wanted a troll civilization, they would also be weaker because of how many more units they would have to devote to gathering food or farming.

To be honest, I liked the civilization only getting one bonus thing. It meant that having multiple races was about flavor, not min maxing units. The bookkeeping will likely become horrific to manage there, too, with keeping track of each race's bonus and who has what unit of which race...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 01:43:07 am »

+1
This isn't a suggestion game, we each make our own sheet and play it as separate players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 01:43:55 am »

Well for Goblins and frogmen, they get penaltiea compared to Elves, who accomplish the same thing by simply having more effective farmers.

I guess it's more intricate than that given the different ways of producing food, but still.

Trolls are already plain old weaker than Orcs, costing more food, but also if you wanted a troll civilization, they would also be weaker because of how many more units they would have to devote to gathering food or farming.

To be honest, I liked the civilization only getting one bonus thing. It meant that having multiple races was about flavor, not min maxing units. The bookkeeping will likely become horrific to manage there, too, with keeping track of each race's bonus and who has what unit of which race...
This is true.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 03:40:55 am »

We could go back to it being for the entire civilization. I don't mind that if you guys don't. Honestly we could cut that out completely and players could do whatever they want for their race if you all don't dig it.

Trolls are stronger than orcs and their passive applies to enemy humanoids, not just monsters. So they have a better PvP passive.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:47:55 am by Roboson »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 02:18:52 pm »

I'm fine with the current system (extra races cost points). I originally used it as a fluff thing but if there's mechnical benefits then I'm fine with juggling it around.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 03:33:02 pm »

I hadn't noticed that nuance

Also, edited one of my posts with info about the Mashakev, if you wanna take a look. Not sure how much you were looking for.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 03:52:10 pm »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:54:41 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 09:37:31 pm »

I'm thinking that I may just stick with the race bonuses on units, or remove them completely. Does anyone have preference on which way that this goes?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 01:01:15 am »

Leader Name: Isaac Reborn
Main Race: Elves
Additional Race(s): Humans(10)
Technology: Farming, Road building, Masonry, Carpentry
Culture/Government Type: (If you allow it.  I'll change it if you prefer. I just want to explore this idea)  A anarcho-capitalist society with no formal 'government' structure, but with private enterprises fulfilling that role for individuals.  Basically, it's capitalist incentives dictating how different companies and groups work together to protect common interests.  Currently, since the population obviously isn't enough to support a complex structure like this, so the citizenry take turns rotating a leader, who's decisions have to be ratified by the current population.
Units:
Elven Peasant (free),
Elven Extra Peasant x2 (10)
Human Peasant x2 (10)
Human Warrior (10)
Farm (15)
Cavern Size: 11
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:24:24 am by griffinpup »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 01:58:33 am »

Leader Name: Isaac Reborn
Main Race: Elves
Additional Race(s): Humans(15)
Technology: Farming, Road building, Masonry, Carpentry
Culture/Government Type: (If you allow it.  I'll change it if you prefer. I just want to explore this idea)  A anarcho-capitalist society with no formal 'government' structure, but with private enterprises fulfilling that role for individuals.  Basically, it's capitalist incentives dictating how different companies and groups work together to protect common interests.  Currently, since the population obviously isn't enough to support a complex structure like this, so the citizenry take turns rotating a leader, who's decisions have to be ratified by the current population.
Units:
Elven Peasant (free),
Elven Extra Peasant x2 (10)
Human Peasant x2 (10)
Human Warrior (10)
Farm (15)
Cavern Size: 10

Your math is incorrect. 4 techs= 40, Units= 45 First subrace= 10. You have 5 points remaining.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 02:04:33 am »

What do secondary races actually do?
Pages: 1 [2] 3