Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)  (Read 16270 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: A God Game (0/⊕֍࿃)
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2016, 06:13:36 am »

Nice, many life gods... This will be interesting. On another note, so where will IC take place?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2016, 06:14:37 am »

IC is up dude
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2016, 04:13:12 pm »

Should we vote for features (red world, blue world, one world, two worlds), sets of features (two red tetrahedral worlds, one blue endless plane), attempt to implement Litany world seeds, or something else?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2016, 04:48:25 pm »

Well, Teburshe isn't around to force the issue with World Seeds :P

Also, I've decided on my speech style. :P

I say vote for features. Each section can be voted on individually, sorta.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2016, 04:49:04 pm »

Features sounds nice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2016, 04:58:17 pm »

Notes:

The Faithful: Yep, like everyone is saying, they would be worthless for their intended goal (Essence Farms), costing a lot while providing pretty much nothing. You would literally never regroup the essence cost from them alone. Immobile lowers the Worship quality significantly, and "Only Worship/Really really biased towards Worshiping me" is another huge hit to how much worship they can output. The OOC reason is, of course, if there wasn't a penalty everyone would do it and that would be boring. The IC reason has to do with hidden stuff with how souls work :P. This is the kind of thing you should price check if you don't want to get an unpleasant surprise.

Erasing memories: Generally, actions that effect how a God is roleplayed are impossible. After all, I can't really change meta stuff like "Well, he says he stole your memories. Now pretend like you never did that?". However, if both players agree to something like this (OOC) then it can be done, with the price suggested by the effected player. Example: God A wants to erase God B's backstory memories. If Player B doesn't want that, it is impossible. If Player B wants to allow this, he can suggest a price for the action which Player A can accept or decline.

Canceling actions: Try not to do this, its annoying. Especially when its trying to do an action, then realizing everyone is against the action and stopping. It really messes something up if we already have five pages and ten PMs of people responding to it. If it happens too much, you will all be punished by the Wrath of the GM.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:11:18 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2016, 05:34:49 pm »

How many votes do we need for planets before they are made?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2016, 07:09:39 pm »

Are there secret actions? If so, how much more does it cost compared to a public action?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2016, 07:40:16 pm »

How many votes do we need for planets before they are made?

Dunno, just once a general agreement has been made. A majority, at least, unless you come up with a voting system between yourselves.

Are there secret actions? If so, how much more does it cost compared to a public action?

There are secret actions, and they don't cost more then unsecret actions.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2016, 07:46:55 pm »

Hi. I'd like to add my god into this game.
Name: Nyxus
Sphere: Darkness, Secrets
Primary form: A tall male humanoid,with black skin and the head of a bat and large bat-like wings on his back.
Symbol: A stylized bat shape
Description/Background: Nyxus is a quiet good, always skulking at the edge of visions, plotting his complex plans. He enjoys putting mortals and sometimes even other gods in difficult and sometimes inescapable situations just to see how hey will react and, most of all, he tries to make them do something they would never confess to anyone. He is also the god of secrets after all.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »

Hi. I'd like to add my god into this game.
Name: Nyxus
Sphere: Darkness, Secrets
Primary form: A tall male humanoid,with black skin and the head of a bat and large bat-like wings on his back.
Symbol: A stylized bat shape
Description/Background: Nyxus is a quiet good, always skulking at the edge of visions, plotting his complex plans. He enjoys putting mortals and sometimes even other gods in difficult and sometimes inescapable situations just to see how hey will react and, most of all, he tries to make them do something they would never confess to anyone. He is also the god of secrets after all.

Looks fine, go ahead and start whenever.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »

Updated Ceartas' description, should anyone be interested.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2016, 04:00:54 am »

Notes:

The Faithful: Yep, like everyone is saying, they would be worthless for their intended goal (Essence Farms), costing a lot while providing pretty much nothing. You would literally never regroup the essence cost from them alone. Immobile lowers the Worship quality significantly, and "Only Worship/Really really biased towards Worshiping me" is another huge hit to how much worship they can output. The OOC reason is, of course, if there wasn't a penalty everyone would do it and that would be boring. The IC reason has to do with hidden stuff with how souls work :P. This is the kind of thing you should price check if you don't want to get an unpleasant surprise.

Erasing memories: Generally, actions that effect how a God is roleplayed are impossible. After all, I can't really change meta stuff like "Well, he says he stole your memories. Now pretend like you never did that?". However, if both players agree to something like this (OOC) then it can be done, with the price suggested by the effected player. Example: God A wants to erase God B's backstory memories. If Player B doesn't want that, it is impossible. If Player B wants to allow this, he can suggest a price for the action which Player A can accept or decline.

Canceling actions: Try not to do this, its annoying. Especially when its trying to do an action, then realizing everyone is against the action and stopping. It really messes something up if we already have five pages and ten PMs of people responding to it. If it happens too much, you will all be punished by the Wrath of the GM.
Is the current version of the Faithful acceptable?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2016, 01:24:52 pm »

The advent of shiny text made this inevitable

Name: Azem Goldfather
Sphere: Wealth, Industry
Primary form/associated symbol: See avatar.
Description/Background:

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2016, 01:26:59 pm »

The advent of shiny text made this inevitable

Name: Azem Goldfather
Sphere: Wealth, Industry
Primary form/associated symbol: See avatar.
Description/Background:

Another industry God! Awesome!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15