Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Human Fortress Interest Check  (Read 3648 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Human Fortress Interest Check
« on: July 11, 2016, 05:02:55 pm »

Wound up coming up with this idea fairly recently, but am curious if anyone would want to actually play through a turn.  We would be playing as humans, and the conditions would be as follows:

Spoiler: Restrictions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Succession Rules (click to show/hide)

Anyone interested in a turn for this, or have a complaint about one of the rules/suggestion to add another restriction?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Fortress Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 05:43:11 pm »

Im not willing to invest into throwing my hat into the ring to try this, but for a modding analysis/ease of play could you please supply a entity file for demonstration as well as any modifications you have that might affect the fortress in action. (assuming we are working off df-vanilla to the latest 64 version spec)

There are a few home-comfort necessities that'll be needed to make it playable from a default fortress perspective while remaining cultural integrity. Such changes include relevant non-generated site nobles (replacements for expedition leader, militia leader, broker etc as relevant), certain varieties of tools (if you're embarking with egg bearing creatures, bring nestboxes) and other little things (humans are more fleshed out than say, goblins are for instance which are more of a overhaul and challenging to bring up to specifications for a productive and interesting fortress while still being gobbo evil.)

Id be willing to provide a template if you require help, PM me with your ideas please so i know what kind of direction you'd like to take.

Also another small set of questions

> Would a horizontal entrance from the surface (such as a cliff face) for mineshafts be applicable as long as they followed rules to be of a specific entry length, width and be reinforced properly (such as a arched entrance, beams etc.)

> May i suggest a rule against carving out stairs or excessive amounts of stairs from stone/directly down as to preserve the integrity of travelling over ramps and long linear paths of movement/corridors rather than hopping between z levels (dwarf architecture again)

> Ensuring that male heirs inherit is not foolproof with the relatively limited lifespans of humans without dedicated wedlocked young married people, may i challenge that rule to include that younger female children can inherit (if you're firm about the subject, the male heir can take preference if its split between two children)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 06:41:41 pm »

I may, MAY, join. Though I thought there was already a Human fort in existence (though it may be dead)

I will be dorfed though.

Ryukan: Bookkeeper/ Jeweler
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:26:03 pm »

I WANT ARCHITECT/SWORDSHUMAN PLUS TURN
Also, I think that we should have a 'square' type thing near... Something important, like the cathedral (we need one of those) with somewhat bigger and better houses, designed for nobles.
I prefer that to building manorhomes.
But we need a castle.
We should be near an ocean with a river, too, for water and !!BOATS!!. Try to make a world with no aquifers, or this may be impossible...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 03:13:55 am »

Im not willing to invest into throwing my hat into the ring to try this, but for a modding analysis/ease of play could you please supply a entity file for demonstration as well as any modifications you have that might affect the fortress in action. (assuming we are working off df-vanilla to the latest 64 version spec)

There are a few home-comfort necessities that'll be needed to make it playable from a default fortress perspective while remaining cultural integrity. Such changes include relevant non-generated site nobles (replacements for expedition leader, militia leader, broker etc as relevant), certain varieties of tools (if you're embarking with egg bearing creatures, bring nestboxes) and other little things (humans are more fleshed out than say, goblins are for instance which are more of a overhaul and challenging to bring up to specifications for a productive and interesting fortress while still being gobbo evil.)

Id be willing to provide a template if you require help, PM me with your ideas please so i know what kind of direction you'd like to take.

I'll be generally going through and enabling the tools used by dwarves.  May leave out a couple, but they'll all generally be there.

As for positions, I'll be importing them for a small pet project I've been working on and off on.  It may be a bit off from what standard humans have their civilization structured, but I haven't found a list as to how exactly it is.  As such, I just took what the dwarves had and changed it to something else.  Anyway, the layout will be as follows:

Entity
King - Can't create an Agnatic Cognatic succession for there to be male preference, but females could inherit, but I can limit professions to a gender.  Therefore, for this game, this position will be under pure Agnatic Primogenture (eldest son inherits).
Royal Champion - Human General
Lordly Knight - Human Lieutenant
Knight - Human Captain
Guild Representative - Replacement for Outpost Liason.
Diplomat - Diplomat
Administrator - Forced Administrator

Site
Levee Commander - Human Militia Commander and Sheriff/Captain of the Guard, if less than 50 population.
Guard Captain (I) - Above if greater than 50 population, but less than 80.  Soldiers named 'Town Guard'.
Guard Commander (II) - Above if greater than 80 population, but less than 120.  Soldiers named 'Fortress Guard'.
Guard Commander (III) - Above if greater than 120 population.  Soldiers named 'City Guard'.
Levee Captain - Human Militia Captain, if less than 50 population.
Guard Commander (I) - Above if greater than 50 population, but less than 80.  Soldiers named 'Town Guard'.
Guard Captain (II) - Above if greater than 80 population, but less than 120.  Soldiers named 'Fortress Guard'.
Guard Captain (III) - Above if greater than 120 population.  Soldiers named 'City Guard'.

Expedition Leader - Expedition Leader/Mayor + Manager when below 50 population.
Town Manager - Above if greater than 50, less than 80.
Fortress Overseer - Above if greater than 80, less than 120.
City Administrator - Above if greater than 120.

Chief Doctor - Human Chief Medical Dwarf.  Needs to be appointed to appoint healers.
Healer - As needed position with health management responsibility, so reliance upon one individual is not neccessary.

Broker - Name if less than 50 humans.
Trader - As needed replacement for broker when greater than 50 population.

Bookkeeper - Name if less than 50 humans.
Accountant - As needed replacement for bookkeeper when greater than 50 population.

Duke, Count, and Baron - Taken from dwarf entity.
Lord - In actual mod release, will be 5 elected positions that come in at time of Mayor.  In this, it'll be the As_Needed appoint position.
Household Guard Captain - In mod will be a max of 7 commanding small squads to be used to guard Lords, Expedition Leader/etc and the Duke/Count/Baron's household.  Will also exist a separate variant for the King named Royal Guard Captain.  In this succession fort, will be limited to only the Duke/Count/Baron and Expedition Leader line.

Executioner - Hammerer, but uses the axe skill.

Knight - A set of 5 Champion level positions.

Also another small set of questions

> Would a horizontal entrance from the surface (such as a cliff face) for mineshafts be applicable as long as they followed rules to be of a specific entry length, width and be reinforced properly (such as a arched entrance, beams etc.)

> May i suggest a rule against carving out stairs or excessive amounts of stairs from stone/directly down as to preserve the integrity of travelling over ramps and long linear paths of movement/corridors rather than hopping between z levels (dwarf architecture again)

> Ensuring that male heirs inherit is not foolproof with the relatively limited lifespans of humans without dedicated wedlocked young married people, may i challenge that rule to include that younger female children can inherit (if you're firm about the subject, the male heir can take preference if its split between two children)

1) How's this for mineshafts: There must be a full z-level between areas dug underground (including one above the initial start), a maximum of 2 width, and a minimum of three z-levels under buildings.

2) Stairs are likely to be used as scaffolding and would be used for narrow bell towers and the such, so I'm hesitant to limit their use in construction.  However, having their usage in mineshafts, wheelbarrow using facilities, and quarrys not be allowed might keep the spirit of things.

3) I'll change it to have the individual set the preference, with the other gender inheriting if there are no candidates of that gender.

Though I thought there was already a Human fort in existence (though it may be dead)

I don't see any harm in there being more than one.

I WANT ARCHITECT/SWORDSHUMAN PLUS TURN
Also, I think that we should have a 'square' type thing near... Something important, like the cathedral (we need one of those) with somewhat bigger and better houses, designed for nobles.
I prefer that to building manorhomes.
But we need a castle.
We should be near an ocean with a river, too, for water and !!BOATS!!. Try to make a world with no aquifers, or this may be impossible...

Noted, I'll have one of the starting 7 with that setup of skills.

Going to be defining manor as being a house with a walled front courtyard, so people will be able to play a bit fast and loose with the size (kinda necessary in the first few years).

As for the location, I'm going to be following the human location requirements to determine the site (probably going to be 5x5-6x6 to give us a fair amount of surface area to work with, depending upon how much area is covered by oceans and rivers).
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 06:26:35 am »

turn pls. I have an idea. You can get visitors now, and people to settle.
So lets say a dwarf settles, he could do dwarfy things (but they would be limited, eg 1 dwarven-style buidling a year or similiar)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 09:35:23 am »

Can I has your Plains DATA for the human civ please, it sounds.. well sound. I've been looking for a mod that'll let me play as human, but still keep the world mostly vanilla (so no masterwork)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 10:18:14 am »

I'm interested. 

Some rule ideas for above ground structures:

1. Foundation must be made of stone, so if z-1 is soil, that soil must be replaced with constructed stone (natural stones, or stone blocks). 
2. Flooring over foundation is a sign of luxury. 
3. Trade Depot must have at least a 3-wide road connected to the map edge.

Architecture and Structure Material Limit.
1. Wood: max 3x3 room/roof, max z+2 high.
2. Stone: max 5x5 room/roof, max z+3 high.
3. Iron: max 7x7 room/roof, max z+4 high.
4. Steel: max 11x11 room/roof, max z+5 high.

I like the idea of open air mining shafts.

"Dig Stairs" should be replaced with constructed stairs using wood or metal.  Otherwise, "Dig Ramps" from stone would be a faster option.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:28:06 am by Sanctume »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 10:23:16 am »

Maybe not the architectural restrictions, because that means no cathedrals, castles, etc. Also, wooden houses were bigger then that back in the day.
Is there a plaster block in this game?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 10:27:35 am »

Oh I messed up the z+ high limit. should be 2. (fixed)

Wood being 3x3 max, does not mean 2 adjacent 3x3 is not allowed. 
What I am thinking is that I should not be able to make a 7x7 room/floor area made of wood as that not seem architecturally sound without center support.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:33:23 am by Sanctume »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 11:02:21 am »

Oooooooh. Center support. I getcha now.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 12:50:18 pm »

Of all the default races beside dwarfs, humans come the closest to being playable out of the box. The biggest issue with them beside the noble positions is they can't make mechanisms.

If you want this to work the way you expect, I vaguely remember you need to do the following
 - Dwarfs need an actual diplomat position for trade agreements
 - Dwarfs may need siege trigger and/or ambusher
 - Humans need a full set of nobles
 - You need to enable several workshops like soap, mechanics, and a few others.
    - Or mod the game so Dwarfs can bring mechanisms in trade
 - Most of the trap components are missing, i.e. screwpumps.
 - Magma forges shouldn't be a thing.

Humans can make iron, but can't make steel, you'll have to melt from the dwarfs to get it at all so don't bother looking for  a site with flux.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 01:29:25 pm »

Of all the default races beside dwarfs, humans come the closest to being playable out of the box. The biggest issue with them beside the noble positions is they can't make mechanisms.

If you want this to work the way you expect, I vaguely remember you need to do the following

Humans can make iron, but can't make steel, you'll have to melt from the dwarfs to get it at all so don't bother looking for  a site with flux.

To build on this

> Dwarves primarily are going to need a non-site position with [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE] and [RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_INTRODUCTIONS] in order to make them visit provinces both socially and on business much like the older human and elf diplomats if its to be understood (if the site trader doesn't come along too, i just recommend running a test-fortress before this thing airs to make sure its just the intended non fort-site dwarves, else add [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE] onto the current diplomatic envoy)

> You can probably make steel weapons out of a separate metalwork bench reaction requiring steel bars rather than the means to make steel being needed, one recommendation is to buy a tool (like a stone/metal moulding cast) from the dwarves that is a component for 'blacksmithing' weapons out of steel bars (this would have to be revised if humans turned up elsewhere in worldgen armed with steel by taking the reaction as a greenlight to own the reaction results without actually having the steel to make it or put into other designs like armor/tools that are not specified - TESTING REQUIRED)

> Alternatively you could use this moulding cast tool (Its actually junk but a preserved reagent for the reaction) to 'print' out multiple typical weapons at once for greater efficiency (such as 2 - 3 daggers from 1 cast and 1 bar, in comparison to 1 bar = 1 dagger)

> Bucket-bridgade can handle water in the lack of screw pumps/mechanic roles (because pump operator is a offshoot of mechanics) if you wanted to omit that entirely (that'd mean no traps, no bridges, no screw presses etc, consider carefully)

> Dwarves could sell a intermediary tool object that could then be turned into a set of mechanisms instead (would still require mechanic job-type to assemble however, destroying the point unless as a game rule using a mechanics workbench was forbidden)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 03:13:12 pm »

Going to find an embark site.

turn pls. I have an idea. You can get visitors now, and people to settle.
So lets say a dwarf settles, he could do dwarfy things (but they would be limited, eg 1 dwarven-style buidling a year or similiar)

I'm thinking of going with the 'Dwarves don't share their secrets' route.  They are the only ones with access to steel, minecarts, and adamantine, after all.  Alternatively, the processes they use can only be understood by dwarves.

Can I has your Plains DATA for the human civ please, it sounds.. well sound. I've been looking for a mod that'll let me play as human, but still keep the world mostly vanilla (so no masterwork)

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:PLAINS]
[ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
[SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:HUMAN]
[TRANSLATION:HUMAN]

--------------------------WEAPONS--------------------------
[DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PIKE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_2H]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MAUL]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_GREAT]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_FLAIL]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MORNINGSTAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SCIMITAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_TRAINING]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT_TRAINING]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_TRAINING]

--------------------------ARMOR--------------------------
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_COAT:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SHIRT:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_CLOAK:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TUNIC:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TOGA:UNCOMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_CAPE:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_VEST:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_DRESS:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ROBE:COMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:COMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP:COMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_HOOD:COMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_TURBAN:UNCOMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:RARE]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_VEIL_HEAD:UNCOMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_VEIL_FACE:RARE]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_SCARF_HEAD:UNCOMMON]
[GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS:COMMON]
[GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES:COMMON]
[GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_MITTENS:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_LOW:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SANDAL:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_CHAUSSE:UNCOMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SOCKS:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_GREAVES:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_LEGGINGS:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_LOINCLOTH:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_THONG:UNCOMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_SKIRT:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_SKIRT_SHORT:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_SKIRT_LONG:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_BRAIES:UNCOMMON]
[SHIELD:ITEM_SHIELD_SHIELD]
[SHIELD:ITEM_SHIELD_BUCKLER]
[SIEGEAMMO:ITEM_SIEGEAMMO_BALLISTA]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_ENORMOUSCORKSCREW]
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_PUZZLEBOX]
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_BOAT]
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_HAMMER]
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_AXE]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CAULDRON]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LADLE]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOWL]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MORTAR]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PESTLE]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KNIFE_CARVING]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KNIFE_BONING]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KNIFE_SLICING]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_KNIFE_MEAT_CLEAVER]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FORK_CARVING]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NEST_BOX]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HIVE]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_POUCH]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOOK_BINDING]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUIRE]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOOKCASE]
[CLOTHING]
[CURRENCY_BY_YEAR]
[CURRENCY:COPPER:1]
[CURRENCY:SILVER:5]
[CURRENCY:GOLD:15]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:NAME_WAR]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE:NAME_BATTLE]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:SIEGE:NAME_SIEGE]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:SIEGE:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ROAD:NAME_ROAD]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:TUNNEL:NAME_TUNNEL]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:BRIDGE:NAME_BRIDGE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:WALL:NAME_WALL]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:TEMPLE:NAME_BUILDING_TEMPLE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:LIBRARY:NAME_BUILDING_LIBRARY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:SUBORDINATE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:EVIL]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATIVE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UGLY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATOR]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:NAME_ENTITY_KINGDOM]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:SITE:NAME_ENTITY_TOWN_FOUNDER]
[RIVER_PRODUCTS]
[OCEAN_PRODUCTS]
[METAL_PREF]
[GEM_PREF]
[STONE_PREF]
[OUTDOOR_WOOD]
[OUTDOOR_FARMING]
[OUTDOOR_GARDENS]
[USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET]
[USE_MISC_PROCESSED_WOOD_PRODUCTS]
[EQUIPMENT_IMPROVEMENTS]
[SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:WAR:512]
[ART_FACET_MODIFIER:FANCIFUL:640]
[ART_FACET_MODIFIER:OWN_RACE:512]
[FRIENDLY_COLOR:7:0:1]
[UNDEAD_CANDIDATE]
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:TREE_CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]
[START_BIOME:ANY_GRASSLAND]
[START_BIOME:ANY_SAVANNA]
[START_BIOME:ANY_SHRUBLAND]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_DESERT:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_OCEAN:12]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_LAKE:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_GRASSLAND:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SAVANNA:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SHRUBLAND:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:4]
[MERCHANT_NOBILITY]
[DIPLOMAT_BODYGUARDS]
[MERCHANT_BODYGUARDS]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER]
[SIEGER]
[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:100]
[MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]
[MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:120]
[RELIGION:PANTHEON]
[WANDERER]
[BEAST_HUNTER]
[SCOUT]
[MERCENARY]
[SET_SCHOLARS_ON_VALUES_AND_JOBS]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MINER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:CARPENTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BOWYER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WOODCUTTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ENGRAVER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MASON]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ANIMAL_CARETAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ANIMAL_TRAINER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:HUNTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:TRAPPER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ANIMAL_DISSECTOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FURNACE_OPERATOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WEAPONSMITH]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ARMORER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BLACKSMITH]
[PERMITTED_JOB:METALCRAFTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:GEM_CUTTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:GEM_SETTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WOODCRAFTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:STONECRAFTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:LEATHERWORKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BONE_CARVER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MECHANIC]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WEAVER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:CLOTHIER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:GLASSMAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISHERMAN]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_DISSECTOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_CLEANER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:CHEESE_MAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MILKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SHEARER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SPINNER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:GELDER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:COOK]
[PERMITTED_JOB:THRESHER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MILLER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BUTCHER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:TANNER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:DYER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:PLANTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:HERBALIST]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BREWER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SOAP_MAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:POTASH_MAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:LYE_MAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WOOD_BURNER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MECHANIC]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SIEGE_ENGINEER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SIEGE_OPERATOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:PUMP_OPERATOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:CLERK]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ADMINISTRATOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:TRADER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ARCHITECT]
[PERMITTED_JOB:DIAGNOSER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BONE_SETTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SUTURER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SURGEON]
[PERMITTED_JOB:GLAZER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:POTTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:PRESSER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BEEKEEPER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WAX_WORKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:PAPERMAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BOOKBINDER]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SOAP_MAKER]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:RENDER_FAT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SOAP_FROM_OIL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_SEEDS_NUTS_TO_PASTE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_JUG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_BRICKS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_STATUE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_LARGE_CLAY_POT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_CRAFTS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_QUICKLIME]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_MILK_OF_LIME]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_PARCHMENT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SCROLL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_QUIRE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SHEET_FROM_PLANT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SLURRY_FROM_PLANT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_PLANT_PAPER]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BIND_BOOK]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLAZE_JUG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLAZE_STATUE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLAZE_LARGE_POT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLAZE_CRAFT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_OIL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_OIL_FRUIT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_HIVE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_HONEYCOMB]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WAX_CRAFTS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT_GROWTH]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_MEAD]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PROCESS_PLANT_TO_BAG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BRASS_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BRASS_MAKING2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:ELECTRUM_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:ELECTRUM_MAKING2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BILLON_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BILLON_MAKING2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PEWTER_FINE_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PEWTER_FINE_MAKING2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PEWTER_TRIFLE_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PEWTER_TRIFLE_MAKING2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PEWTER_LAY_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BLACK_BRONZE_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:STERLING_SILVER_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:ROSE_GOLD_MAKING]

---------------------------WORLD CONSTRUCTIONS-------------------------------

[WILL_ACCEPT_TRIBUTE]
[BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS]
[BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS]
[WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:WALL]
[WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:BRIDGE]
[WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:ROAD]
[BANDITRY:10]

-----------------------------------------ETHICS-------------------------------------------------

[ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]
[ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:JUSTIFIED_IF_NO_REPERCUSSIONS]
[ETHIC:KILL_ENEMY:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_PLANT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:APPALLING]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_ANIMALS:SHUN]
[ETHIC:TREASON:PUNISH_CAPITAL]
[ETHIC:OATH_BREAKING:PUNISH_CAPITAL]
[ETHIC:LYING:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:VANDALISM:PUNISH_SERIOUS]
[ETHIC:TRESPASSING:PUNISH_SERIOUS]
[ETHIC:THEFT:PUNISH_SERIOUS]
[ETHIC:ASSAULT:PUNISH_SERIOUS]
[ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]

--------------------GEM/STONE SHAPINGS-------------------------
[STONE_SHAPE:OVAL_CABOCHON]
[STONE_SHAPE:ROUND_CABOCHON]
[STONE_SHAPE:CUSHION_CABOCHON]
[STONE_SHAPE:RECTANGULAR_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:OVAL_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:ROUND_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:CUSHION_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:RECTANGULAR_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:POINT_CUT_GEM]
[GEM_SHAPE:TABLE_CUT_GEM]
[GEM_SHAPE:SINGLE_CUT_GEM]
[GEM_SHAPE:ROSE_CUT_GEM]
[GEM_SHAPE:BRIOLETTE_CUT_GEM]

----------------------RANDOM GENERATION----------------------------
[GENERATE_STRINGED_INSTRUMENTS]
[GENERATE_WIND_INSTRUMENTS]
[GENERATE_PERCUSSION_INSTRUMENTS]
[GENERATE_POETIC_FORMS]
[GENERATE_MUSICAL_FORMS]
[GENERATE_DANCE_FORMS]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:ALL:-30:30]

-----------------------------ENTITY POSITIONS------------------------------
[LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:1:20:10000:100000]
[LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:2:20:20000:200000]
[LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:3:20:30000:300000]

[POSITION:MONARCH]
[NAME_MALE:king:kings]
[NUMBER:1]
[SPOUSE_MALE:queen:queens]
[SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
[GENDER:MALE]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
[PRECEDENCE:1]
[SPECIAL_BURIAL]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION_SPOUSE]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
[COLOR:5:0:1]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:10]
[MANDATE_MAX:5]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:10]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:5]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:5]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:5]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:10000]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:10000]
[REQUIRED_DINING:10000]
[REQUIRED_TOMB:10000]
[POSITION:GENERAL]
[NAME:royal champion:royal champions]
[SQUAD:10:elite guard:elite guards]
[APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY]
[COMMANDER:LIEUTENANT:ALL]
[PRECEDENCE:50]
[SPECIAL_BURIAL]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:2]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:2]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:1]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:3]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:3]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:500]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:250]
[REQUIRED_DINING:250]
[REQUIRED_TOMB:1]
[POSITION:LIEUTENANT]
[NAME:lordly knight:lordly knights]
[NUMBER:AS_NEEDED]
[SQUAD:10:knight:knights]
[APPOINTED_BY:GENERAL]
[COMMANDER:CAPTAIN:ALL]
[PRECEDENCE:100]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:1]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:1]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:2]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:2]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:100]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:100]
[REQUIRED_DINING:100]
[MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY]
[POSITION:CAPTAIN]
[NAME:knight:knights]
[SQUAD:10:peasant levy:peasant levies]
[APPOINTED_BY:GENERAL]
[PRECEDENCE:190]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:1]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:1]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:1]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:1]
[REQUIRED_DINING:1]
[MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY]
[POSITION:OUTPOST_LIAISON]
[NAME:guild representative:guild representatives]
[RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS]
[PRECEDENCE:80]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:7:0:1]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:3]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:3]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:2]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:1500]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:1500]
[REQUIRED_DINING:1500]
[POSITION:DIPLOMAT]
[NAME:diplomat:diplomats]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_INTRODUCTIONS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_PEACE_AGREEMENTS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_TOPIC_AGREEMENTS]
[PRECEDENCE:70]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]

-------------------------------SITE POSITIONS-------------------------

[POSITION:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[NAME:expedition leader:expedition leaders]
[SITE]
[REPLACED_BY:FORTRESS_OVERSEER]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MANAGE_PRODUCTION]
[PRECEDENCE:110]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:FORTRESS_OVERSEER]
[NAME:fortress overseer:fortress overseers]
[SITE]
[REPLACED_BY:TOWN_MANAGER]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[REQUIRED_POPULATION:50]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:TOWN_MANAGER]
[NAME:town manager:town managers]
[SITE]
[REPLACED_BY:CITY_ADMINISTRATOR]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[REQUIRED_POPULATION:80]
[PRECEDENCE:90]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:CITY_ADMINISTRATOR]
[NAME:city administrator:city administrators]
[SITE]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[REQUIRED_POPULATION:120]
[PRECEDENCE:80]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:MILITIA_COMMANDER]
[NAME:militia commander:militia commanders]
[SITE]
[SQUAD:10:militiaman:militiamen]
[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_ENFORCEMENT]
[COMMANDER:MILITIA_CAPTAIN:ALL]
[PRECEDENCE:120]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[REPLACED_BY:GUARD_COMMANDER_I]
[POSITION:MILITIA_CAPTAIN]
[NAME:militia captain:militia captains]
[SITE]
[SQUAD:10:militiaman:militiamen]
[APPOINTED_BY:MILITIA_COMMANDER]
[PRECEDENCE:200]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY]
[REPLACED_BY:GUARD_CAPTAIN_I]
[POSITION:GUARD_COMMANDER_I]
[NAME:guard commander:guard commanders]
[SITE]
[SQUAD:10:fortress guard:fortress guard]
[REQUIRES_POPULATION:50]
[APPOINTED_BY:FORTRESS_OVERSEER]
[APPOINTED_BY:TOWN_MANAGER]
[APPOINTED_BY:CITY_ADMINISTRATOR]
[REQUIRED_DINING:1]
[PRECEDENCE:110]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[REPLACED_BY:GUARD_COMMANDER_II]
[POSITION:GUARD_CAPTAIN_I]
[SITE]
[SQUAD:10:fortress guard:fortress guard]
[PRECEDENCE:190]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY]
[REPLACED_BY:GUARD_CAPTAIN_II]
[POSITION:GUARD_COMMANDER_II]
[SITE]
[SQUAD:10:town guard:town guard]
[REQUIRES_POPULATION:80]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:250]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[REPLACED_BY:GUARD_COMMANDER_III]
[POSITION:GUARD_CAPTAIN_II]
[SITE]
[SQUAD:10:town guard:town guard]
[PRECEDENCE:180]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY]
[REPLACED_BY:GUARD_CAPTAIN_III]
[POSITION:GUARD_COMMANDER_III]
[SITE]
[SQUAD:10:city guard:city guard]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:500]
[REQUIRED_DINING:500]
[PRECEDENCE:90]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:GUARD_CAPTAIN_III]
[SITE]
[SQUAD:10:city guard:city guard]
[PRECEDENCE:170]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY]
[POSITION:LORD]
[NAME:lord:lords]
[SITE]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[ELECTED]
[PRECEDENCE:60]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[COLOR:5:0:0]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[MANDATE_MAX:1]
[POSITION:CHIEF_HEALER]
[NAME:chief healer:chief healer]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[RESPONSIBILITY:HEALTH_MANAGEMENT]
[PRECEDENCE:165]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:HEALER]
[NAME:healer:healer]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[RESPONSIBILITY:HEALTH_MANAGEMENT]
[APPOINTED_BY:CHIEF_HEALER]
[PRECEDENCE:265]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:BROKER]
[NAME:broker:brokers]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE]
[REPLACED_BY:TRADER]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:TRADER]
[NAME:trader:traders]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:BOOKKEEPER]
[NAME:bookkeeper:bookkeepers]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[RESPONSIBILITY:ACCOUNTING]
[PRECEDENCE:180]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:ACCOUNTANT]
[NAME:bookkeeper:bookkeepers]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[RESPONSIBILITY:ACCOUNTING]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:DUKE]
[NAME_MALE:duke:dukes]
[NAME_FEMALE:duchess:duchesses]
[SPOUSE_MALE:duke consort:dukes consort]
[SPOUSE_FEMALE:duchess consort:duchesses consort]
[LAND_HOLDER:3]
[LAND_NAME:a duchy]
[PRECEDENCE:20]
[SPECIAL_BURIAL]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:5]
[MANDATE_MAX:3]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:5]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:3]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:3]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:3]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:2500]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:2500]
[REQUIRED_DINING:2500]
[REQUIRED_TOMB:2500]
[POSITION:COUNT]
[NAME_MALE:count:counts]
[NAME_FEMALE:countess:countesses]
[SPOUSE_MALE:count consort:counts consort]
[SPOUSE_FEMALE:countess consort:countesses consort]
[LAND_HOLDER:2]
[LAND_NAME:a county]
[REPLACED_BY:DUKE]
[PRECEDENCE:30]
[SPECIAL_BURIAL]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[MANDATE_MAX:2]
[REQUIRED_TOMB:1500]
[POSITION:BARON]
[NAME_MALE:baron:barons]
[NAME_FEMALE:baroness:baronesses]
[SPOUSE_MALE:baron consort:barons consort]
[SPOUSE_FEMALE:baroness consort:baronesses consort]
[LAND_HOLDER:1]
[LAND_NAME:a barony]
[REPLACED_BY:COUNT]
[PRECEDENCE:40]
[SPECIAL_BURIAL]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:2]
[MANDATE_MAX:1]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:2]
[REQUIRED_TOMB:500]
[POSITION:CHAMPION]
[NAME:knight:knights]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[NUMBER:5]
[RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE]
[APPOINTED_BY:DUKE]
[APPOINTED_BY:COUNT]
[APPOINTED_BY:BARON]
[PRECEDENCE:65]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[REQUIRED_TOMB:250]
[POSITION:HAMMERER]
[NAME:excecutioner:executioners]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS]
[EXECUTION_SKILL:AXE]
[PRECEDENCE:150]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:0:0:1]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[POSITION:FORCED_ADMINISTRATOR]
[NAME:administrator:administrators]
[CONQUERED_SITE]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[MANDATE_MAX:2]
[PRECEDENCE:65]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_TOPIC_AGREEMENTS]

I'm interested. 

Some rule ideas for above ground structures:

1. Foundation must be made of stone, so if z-1 is soil, that soil must be replaced with constructed stone (natural stones, or stone blocks). 
2. Flooring over foundation is a sign of luxury. 
3. Trade Depot must have at least a 3-wide road connected to the map edge.

Architecture and Structure Material Limit.
1. Wood: max 3x3 room/roof, max z+2 high.
2. Stone: max 5x5 room/roof, max z+3 high.
3. Iron: max 7x7 room/roof, max z+4 high.
4. Steel: max 11x11 room/roof, max z+5 high.

I like the idea of open air mining shafts.

"Dig Stairs" should be replaced with constructed stairs using wood or metal.  Otherwise, "Dig Ramps" from stone would be a faster option.

1) Medieval wooden huts didn't have a foundation, which is why I didn't put a limit on wood.  Though maybe have a foundation be required to have a second floor?  Stone already requires a foundation, so it wouldn't be affected by that addition, but wooden structures would be a bit.
2) I can agree that flooring at all is a sign of luxury.
3) I'm thinking of embarking in a site with a road on at least one side of the map (maybe even through the middle), but putting in something of having the trade depot connected to the road would make sense.  Maybe add another that, after population reaches 50, all buildings must be built along a road?

Wood
Room: 3 squares across in both directions (5 with foundation), 1 z-level
Structure: 25 squares of space inside the outer walls (does not include outer walls, increases to 49 with foundation), 1 z-level without roof (2 z-levels with foundation)
Stone
Room: 5 squares across in both directions (7 if supports arch together), 3 z-levels per 49 squares of room (includes walls of room).
Structure: no limits on size, 9 z-levels max height (20 if base greater than 144 squares.)

It personally seems a bit strange for humans to build a structure out of metal, outside of detail work.

Having stairs only able to be constructed makes a bit of sense.

Dwarves do have a entity level position called 'diplomat'.  I'll just slap Trade on that.
Got that added.  They naturally have [SIEGER].
Got those listed in a prior post.
Mechanics workshop directly tied to mechanics skill.  Several are, which did annoy me a bit in the past when I tried making primitive civilizations.  Mechanics is enabled to allow bridges to be raised via levers, (Anyone think we should add a restriction that bridges need a gatehouse, which has to contain the lever to raise the bridge?), screw pumps, and screw pumps.  Not traps, though.  As I mentioned in the first, we're not using those.
They are actually all there.  Nixed all but the enormous corkscrew, as the screw pump and the screw press requires that.
Can't disable from entity, but since the only way we could place them down with the current rules would be to make an extremely deep open air mine (underground mines can only be 2 wide, and I estimate an open air mine with these rules would need to cover an area on the surface of 3/4 a region tile in both directions to get a 3x3 at that depth, at very least <will be deliberately searching for a low volcanism location>), I doubt they will be possible to make.  If we do manage to get them, it'll be more of an achievement than anything.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 03:19:12 pm »

I sorta meant it'll be roleplayed a bit. Like say the dwarf just builds stuff on his own, secretly.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: [1] 2